Official Jeremy Lin Thread.

mez has battered fan syndrome. Most knicks fans do.

I'm personally waiting for something bad to happen to us to even things out fo rlinsanity. Dantoni extended 4 years or sumthing

what i will say is the guy can legitimately play point in the NBA. He has the vision. At worst he's a back up. That in itself is a huge positive story.

Originally Posted by amel223

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

I don;t see it one bit as hate, as I WANT him to succeed because as a Knicks fan he is the guy we need right now.
But AS A KNICKS FAN, we've seen things like this one too many times, and even around the league as well....random guy does well temporarily before fading once the league tries to take away his strengths.

I just have to see more than 3 games, nothing more nothing less.
eyes.gif
You know you're going to need a lot more than 3 games, don't lie.  If Jeremy has 10 good games, you're going to say that you probably need another 10 games to evaluate him.  And if he plays well for the rest of the season, you're going to say that you need to see him in the playoffs to evaluate him.  You're just that type of basketball fan.   

I'm pretty sure you're that same guy who around this time last year, predicted that Derrick Rose was going to start falling off because he was playing "too well."  And Rose at that point had been playing well for months. 

10 games is not really enough of a sample size to judge a player though, I don't get the sensitivity in this thread.
....and what does Rose have to do with this? Who would be dumb enough to say something like that?
I saw Frank @#*+%+# Williams on the Knicks play an excellent streak and dudes were talking about how he was going to have a future on this team, guy wasn't even in the league after that.

I'm personally waiting for something bad to happen to us to even things out fo rlinsanity. Dantoni extended 4 years or sumthing

what i will say is the guy can legitimately play point in the NBA. He has the vision. At worst he's a back up. That in itself is a huge positive story.

Exactly.

....and I agree with that last statement, its still a good story and I hope he can help the team out for the remainder of the year and I hope this is not a  fluke.

Originally Posted by amel223

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

I don;t see it one bit as hate, as I WANT him to succeed because as a Knicks fan he is the guy we need right now.
But AS A KNICKS FAN, we've seen things like this one too many times, and even around the league as well....random guy does well temporarily before fading once the league tries to take away his strengths.

I just have to see more than 3 games, nothing more nothing less.
eyes.gif
You know you're going to need a lot more than 3 games, don't lie.  If Jeremy has 10 good games, you're going to say that you probably need another 10 games to evaluate him.  And if he plays well for the rest of the season, you're going to say that you need to see him in the playoffs to evaluate him.  You're just that type of basketball fan.   

I'm pretty sure you're that same guy who around this time last year, predicted that Derrick Rose was going to start falling off because he was playing "too well."  And Rose at that point had been playing well for months. 

10 games is not really enough of a sample size to judge a player though, I don't get the sensitivity in this thread.
....and what does Rose have to do with this? Who would be dumb enough to say something like that?
I saw Frank @#*+%+# Williams on the Knicks play an excellent streak and dudes were talking about how he was going to have a future on this team, guy wasn't even in the league after that.

Exactly.

....and I agree with that last statement, its still a good story and I hope he can help the team out for the remainder of the year and I hope this is not a  fluke.

Of course we're going to need the rest of the season to see if Lin is the real thing anything less would be stupid and even after this season we'll be looking for him to improve his jumper and still play at a consistent level.

People act like we're not talking about a player who has never played a full NBA season. Don't be surprised if he hits a wall.

When it comes to ranking him we're gonna need more than 10 games. It comes down to how we mention him; is he gonna be a star? Is he gonna be mentioned amongst top 20 pgs? top 40?

Of course we're going to need the rest of the season to see if Lin is the real thing anything less would be stupid and even after this season we'll be looking for him to improve his jumper and still play at a consistent level.

People act like we're not talking about a player who has never played a full NBA season. Don't be surprised if he hits a wall.

When it comes to ranking him we're gonna need more than 10 games. It comes down to how we mention him; is he gonna be a star? Is he gonna be mentioned amongst top 20 pgs? top 40?

everyone saying that people wont ever be satisfied and are waiting for him to fail...isnt that the fault of all of us? of the media hype and the blowed up expectations? i mean, is it realistic to predict that he puts up 25/8 for the rest of his career? its possible, but is it more realistic that he dips a little bit but stays productive? and when that happens, both the stans and the haters will both be wrong. lets just enjoy the ride and see where he takes it.

that said, as an asian-american, im one of the Linfected.

everyone saying that people wont ever be satisfied and are waiting for him to fail...isnt that the fault of all of us? of the media hype and the blowed up expectations? i mean, is it realistic to predict that he puts up 25/8 for the rest of his career? its possible, but is it more realistic that he dips a little bit but stays productive? and when that happens, both the stans and the haters will both be wrong. lets just enjoy the ride and see where he takes it.

that said, as an asian-american, im one of the Linfected.

Back
Top Bottom