OFFICIAL JEWELRY THREAD - 56k

Quote:
ame thing almost. They were both a carat so 1 has to be more dence.

wrong sir...a moissante is largely measured in milimeters because if you know what a carat was (200 miligrams) you'd know that a moissanite and diamond cut into indentical shapes wouldn't WEIGH da same because moissanties are SLIGHLTY lighter then a diamond.

team platano

^ exactly, so one is more dense. A cubic inch or aluminum weighs less than a cubic inch of gold for the same reason.

Ben I'll take you up on your offer......

If you can get me decent pricing on these its a done-deal

1-1/14 ct. white gold stud for my left ear. round cut, VS1-SI1, decent color

bracelet- 15-20 cts tw. clarity^, and I was thinking 1/2 white, 1/2 canaries

and a top grill?

Quote:
I had been looking on ebay but I wasn't really sure if alot of the jewels and sellers on ebay were legit. Something about ebay always makes me think they're some kind of catch.

there are lots of legit jewelry and sellers on Ebay. Jewelry is their #1 seller.

Online sellers+including Ebay ones can afford to offer the same or similar products as regular stores+jewelers because they have less overhead to worry about........store rent+employees+utilities+etc.

but like with buying anything on Ebay or just in general, if someone is offering a deal too good to be true, it probably is, especially with jewelry. Always buy from reputable sellers w/documented references, and don't just go by high feedback ratings....try and look into their past auctions and see what kind of stuff has been involved in their transactions. If a guy has been pushing Beanie Babies and suddenly is listing a bunch of Cartiers + Rolexes, well........

Btw, I got something cool to share w/y'all. It's not about celeb ice, but it is jewelry related, and I'm only telling it cuz I was hella shocked when I found out some of the details, esp since one of my friends was involved for almost a year but didn't tell me (or any of our other friends either). I only found out because he wanted to get me involved, but I said no for various reasons.

Enough talk, here's the low-down.........

One of my dogs is dealing w/a mutual friend that has been moving a lot of low-mid line ice & white gold jewelry (engagement/wedding rings, pendants, bracelets, etc) on Ebay. Our dude (actually, his wife...more on that later) makes good dough w/the Ebay hustle because the affordable stuff ($75--$500) is what sells.......girls+housewives from Nebraska, Minnesota, & middle America go crazy for those things because they don't break the bank and "are fun"---perfect for impulse buys/shoppers. But that's chump change and not really the interesting part of the guy's career+this account.

The guy got into the jewelry business because of his wife, whose family owns a BIG jewelry company/manufacturer in Asia. (I'm talking HUGE, HUGE.....I've seen the companies press reports+catalogs+trade/jewelry show literature and did some detective work w/some peeps I know that came from or have friends+fam in Asia, and they did know of the company & their operations) They have a few different factories in China+Taiwan+HK area to handle their various contracts, including making much higher quality+designer platinum+sterling silver+gold+ice pieces for some VERY high profile+upscale jewelry stores in the US and other parts of the world. (designer companies might have their own designs but contract jewelry manufacturing companies like his to make the pieces.....often, the designs are copyrighted to ensure exclusitivity for the stores, but, well.......as most know copyrights+intellectual property don't mean jack to Asians, especially the Chinese) :rolleyes
eyes.gif
In any case, I don't know how they managed to land those contracts, but they did and knowing a lil something about business w/Chinese companies, a big pay-off(s) and schmoozing are no doubt involved. What's really funny is that some of the pieces they do for designers are, as mentioned, manufactured in Asia, but the designer stores push them off as "Made In Italy" or "store/designer exclusives". :lol:
laugh.gif
I asked about this when I was screening some of the samples, and our dude said that the stores get away with that because technically the DESIGNS are from Italy....not really close to "MADE in Italy", but I didn't push after that. As for the "exclusive" part, the stores don't really know the extent or can't control the company cranking out more of the "exclusive" designs/pieces for other stores (mostly in Asia)........this is kinda similar to NIKE and their lack of control over shoe manufacturing companies+the variant problem.

While it was intriguing to find out about how sophisticated + high profile their overseas operations are, the most interesting part of the company's biz is how well they treat their employees. They built state of the art dorm buildings on their factory sites for their employees and immediate families (NOT relatives...aunts, uncles, cousins, etc) to live. They aren't really dorms so much as luxury apartments.....we're talking about computer+tech factory "clean-room" immaculate and with all the modern conveniences, including a health club. For those of you familiar w/the living conditions of most regular folk in Asia, esp China, a lot of people are EXTREMELY poor and live horribly, so for these people to be living so well, it's like hitting the lottery! The employees+their families are free to live there pretty much forever as long as employees still work for the company. Oh, and, each factory site has a school to educate employee family members up until college level.........pretty crazy.

My friend is only dealing with the mid line stuff and selling it to local shops+boutiques (some displayed on a consignment basis too) while our dude's wife handles most of the Ebay action (she never cared for the family business & just does the Ebay stuff to keep busy), and he+his in-laws+fam tackle the bigger contracts. They keep asking my friend if he wants to start pushing more expensive joints, but 1. he doesn't want to front all that $$$$ (he has to buy most of the stuff from our other friend before flipping them to shops+boutiques, etc) 2. mainly, he's paranoid enough as it is about getting jacked. People in the jewelry biz are always getting hit up, esp around jewelry/trade show time....my homeys in Vegas told me stories about that type of stuff. I'm sure you others messing/pushing ice+jewelry know about those incidents too.

Sorry for the off-topic and going on so long, but I was really fascinated when I found out about their operation and also that my homey and mutual friend were involved...........pretty weird what some peoples' friends+fam are into w/out you even knowing or until much later.

i might be a lil late and a lil off topic...

but i seen the Lil Jon Roll call video on MTV jams

and KTown is that you at the end of the video?

..just wonderin lol..
dcowboys4evr@yahoo.com[/email] AIM:e22s925

"BEAT SLAPPIN SO HARD GIVING PEOPLES THE CHILLS" - JACKA​

^Yeah exactly my point-u still my ninja tho
^^ KTOWN is that hard lookin dude on the cycle that chases lil john after he dident bang that chick up to the point where he jumps off the bridge

nothing real elaborate, but was browsing some celeb dirt site and came across these pics of Ciara's jewelry......couple pics of Bow Wow too (in black Laser IV's)

Quote:
Singer Ciara and her boyfriend Bow Wow (with his mom) in St. Barts for Vacation.

ciara_bow41.jpg

ciara_bow1.jpg

ciara_bow6.jpg

ciara_bow2_thumb.jpg
ciara_bow5_thumb.jpg
ciara_bow3_thumb.jpg

budget, you live down the street from a spot that can really give you some good @#%$.
lol. kidnap some korean kid and have him speak korean to a decent jeweler in there.
earrings? you ain't sayin nothin. what exactly do you want 3/4 ct to 1ct?

if you mean earrings and you just want a stud/solitaire, then 1ct could hit you for a good amount of cheese.

if you want some one like I had like small diamonds invisibly set into one big white gold setting. 1ct each side? pretty cheap. you can seriously get something stupid on your ears for about $1,200 I mean to the point where 1. it will attract attention 1000% 2. they will be real and clean stones. 3. I guarantee at least 50% off the price listed on a sticker

club baller,
I don't get too technical into the diamond industry. therefore I only care if my stuff is real or shines the best now that I hear this mossanite stuff. you can mix and match nicely too. have a huge piece paved out in white/blue/canary/black diamonds but make the majority of it in white mossanites and save a ton of money.
as far as earrings go, the jews downtown got the best deals period. so close to wholesale it's crazy. loose diamonds are like cash, that's the thing, you cant really go and sell mossanites if you need money. feel me? that's the realest thing I can say right now. I can melt down my chain and break down my ice or make 147 earrings outta my necklace and be cool for a sec.
club baller, if you want a bracelet that big, then you best ask 4 places first. if you in LA the diamond district is off Hill and 7th st.
you can look for days all over that place. they got a lotta choices, a lot of them are dyiing for your business. but my boy is very very good, hes an all around TRUE Jeweler, not some diamond peddler.

always make sure you are at least workin with real gold. 18k isn't that big a deal, but when you start gettin into 10k then there's a difference.

the mossanites are attractive. but I'll wait til their stock goes up waaay higher, it's hard to convince the average person to buy a fake diamond. whether it shines better or not. I mean, i'm down to rock a sick pendant made outta them, but I ain't gonna spend 1/2 the price of a diamond, It needs to be a huge significant difference.
so if it does shine like a D internally flawless diamond and compared to the pricing, I'd rock it. only thing is my jeweler doesn't carry them, he's up on them, but his CZ business isn't that heavy honestly.

yellow gold looks so good right now.

DJ Homicide, DJ AM, DJ Ben Baller = A M C
Dyrt clothing coming soon worldwide!
www.solerebelfoundation.com

Quote:
i might be a lil late and a lil off topic...

but i seen the Lil Jon Roll call video on MTV jams

and KTown is that you at the end of the video?

..just wonderin lol..

that's not that off topic, but this is......

DYRT_PROMO.jpg

lol

and yeh, that was me in the Roll Call Video
if you peep the uncut version on liljononline.com you'll see an extra scene with me on the cell phone callin the boss.
and lil jon actually jumping off the west blvd. bridge.

good @#%$...thats the first time i really watched that video and was like that asian dude looks hella familiar...

imma peep that on liljononline.com

you got pm ninjahood
TEAM TN
* Joerdan23 * vicentvega8523 * td n tn * AirJordan18 * CitrusGirl * JRock6820 *memphisboi55 *fulltime hustla

^ yeah yellow id making a comeback....it seemed only play what white was in style...

KT, I def hear you bout the moss thing cause If you spend thousands why buy fake? And like I said, as much as people said they're hot, nobody really wants them, but diamonds is another thing, you gave a perfect example w/ that cash thing.

I will go check out some JEWlers for a stud tommorow I guess. KT, what inyour opion is a decent size, but wont look like those 8 ct. cz them broke ninjas be wearin? I dont want anything too small yet not too big. Im only getting my left done. What do you say are decent rates for a ct, 1 1/2 and 2 ct? just so when I go I know what I should pay around.

The braclet I've been trying to get for a minute and some spots say 12K for a 19ct (prox.) while others want 30 stacks. What you think of that joint on tvjohnny.net ? the white canary joint for the 13 stacks? I spoke to him he said he could do it for 11,750 if I take top grill.

oh yeah, what sz. stones are in your joint? (necklace). I been wanting 1 but moisonite or not its mad cake. You got pics of that crazy joint you talkin bout?

EDIT:

Ben, that hoody is killa...i like thst r+i

Whats up w/ dyrt tho, remember I IM'ed you from motopsi1027 about distributing/carrying that?

whats the dealllll

564903015_l.jpg

....hes wearin a wig btw...

if you can afford a nice set either princess cut or round diamond stud in 1ct or even 1.5ct. you are game. you won't lost too much money especially if you get certificates for them.
but they could hit for a grip. a few g's for a good color/clarity.

if you really ballin and can afford 2ct stones each then you lookin in the almost 20k range.
so chill.

for that, I'd cop a 2carat mossanite set in platinum and call it a day.
make sure for something heavy on your ears, to get a pressure backing, not the screw back. trust me. pressure back is a big really strong backing, not like the normal click in the indent backing.

F that bracelet. cop yourself a stupid watch.
you can get a fully flooded Breitling for around 30 stacks.
I mean something sickening like Mr. Cartoon's watch that to me
looks better then any world jacob watch.

that alone and you will never need a chain or bracelet.
earrings is something else.

Quote:
always make sure you are at least workin with real gold. 18k isn't that big a deal, but when you start gettin into 10k then there's a difference.

yeah thats absolutely true

my chain is 100% 14k which is 53-54% gold

18k is 75% gold but remember this, gold is one of da softest metals so if your da clumsy type best believe your 18k jewelry will scratch like no tomorrow....

10K ain't even worth da money so never get 10K

and i don't think its been disscussed here yet...K-town can you please tell people that a ton of mini diamonds/moissanites paved that equal 2, 4,8,etc total carat weight is WAAY CHEAPER then then one single rock of da exact same carat weight.

team platano

^ read my upper post I edited it about Dyrt.

I can get a fully flooded Breitling for 9-15 stacks from my boy who has a shop. I had a breit w/ no diamonds run my 3 stacks but I got robbed at gunpoint so for some strange reason I cant bring myself to wear watchs? I dont know u got a point...

A 2ct/ moiss in white 18k I can get for less than 1-2 stacks

You think maybe eff a ct diamond?

check this out, If I can get a stud chain or something sick that looks dead on to the real mccoy for under $2,000 then maybe. but still that's $2,000 gone, strictly to stunting and really fronting.

at the end of the day, I can't really sell the mossanites back.
now if $1,500 of that price is the gold price, then $500 on mossanites ain't that bad.

also, have one mossanite or fake piece next to a real piece and you extra good.
but sometimes, I look at @#%$ and it's just so fake lookin and not heavy its sad.

you can hear the hollow sound when these bootleg dudes have their pieces clanking against each other. sad.

club baller,
we are doin a soft release of DYRT next month.
we got so much stuff it's crazy, that hoody i'm wearing is just a promo.
our tshirt line is sick, our new era fitteds are sick, the rest, sick.

Man Ninjahood your posts are dropping alot of info. I haven't researched it at all, but just from what you posted, it sounds like the future of diamonds is wide open.

Back
Top Bottom