OFFICIAL JEWELRY THREAD - 56k

Quote:
moss is .03 cts/2mm and they go for around $6.66 per stone a 2pt diamond is 6.50 per stone

so if im reading that right the MOSS stone costs more than a real diamond? what cut/color/clarity was that diamond and does it compare to the MOSS?
<i><center><span style="font-family:century gothic; color:yellow;font-size:x-large;">...In the mean ti<span style="color:white;">me, Get Money...</span></span></center></i>

k-town, do u know any legit places in LA where they buy jewelry ?

I got this gold Chain & Pendant that was appraised for 6K if im not mistaking. its from the Laker Organization when they had there 3peat championship. I know i aint gonna get the price its worth but i was thinkin i could get at least 2k.

Quote:
moss is .03 cts/2mm and they go for around $6.66 per stone a 2pt diamond is 6.50 per stone

Well the moss is a 3 pt stone, while the diamond is a 2 pt stone, still that price sounds very high. Better off getting a diamond for that price. From the rest of his post though, it sounded like the dealers don't wanna mess with Moss.

Quote:
so if im reading that right the MOSS stone costs more than a real diamond? what cut/color/clarity was that diamond and does it compare to the MOSS?

that math is wrong....

a mossinaite stone in terms of clarity is da equvalant of a VS1-SI diamond

and to compare a brilliant cut (circle) moissanite thats a 0.10 goes for 30 bucks

a brilliant cut VS1 diamond thats da same 0.10 carats goes for
100 dollars EACH...

and thats a teeny diamond...i rather get me 3 moissante stones that shine better then 1 diamond stone....

Quote:
get you a tony yayo pendant to go with your chain thun thun.

chill, yayo's piece look hella fragile....god knows my st michael's piece is bang proof....imma definately accent da piece wit more stones in some of da spots thats just diamond cut
team platano

got u...where can i get MOSS stones that small online?? i'm bout to start a lil project...
<i><center><span style="font-family:century gothic; color:yellow;font-size:x-large;">...In the mean ti<span style="color:white;">me, Get Money...</span></span></center></i>

haha, actually yayo's piece is pretty sturdy. that chopard bite with all those bezel set diamonds is in there real good.

BD7,
it's a tough call.
if you really got it appraised @ $6,000 then you should be able to get 1/2
but I would have to see or look at it to tell you.

I got people who buy stuff, but even better, most good jewelers will do cosignment and sell your piece for a good price and then take their cut.

show a pic of what you workin with.
DJ Homicide, DJ AM, DJ Ben Baller = A M C
Dyrt clothing coming soon worldwide!
www.solerebelfoundation.com

green village......good lord, i'm sick of that joint....that was one of my ex's favorite spots....jesus......was in there twice a week forever until I put a stop to that and cut it down to just once (i prefer to eat like a ********) lol seriously GV iss decent, but if you like dumplings you gotta check out that Arcadia spot....it's right off the 210 on S. Baldwin/Duarte (used to live a couple blocks away) you can't miss it, there's usually a line outside, esp at night..... most peeps know about the joint.

but back to the watches, I forgot to bring over the part of my reply from the other thread too about fakes+making sure you INSIST on getting papers+certs when you buy your timepieces, esp Rolexes

before it was pretty easy to spot fakes w/a side by side comparo w/a real deal, but, really, they got some good a$# Folexes now.......got the weight and casing/outside down GOOOOD. I'm not talking about them $50 k-town joints (oops, no dis)....they got some high quality ones from China + Taiwan that'll fool even most watch dudes. like i mentioned in the other thread, i'm not a super-watch geek or Rolex expert, but a couple homeys are into it, and even they had to do a couple double-triple takes..........one of our other boys brought back a high-quality Submariner joint while doing biz in Taiwan. we were chilling out one of our dogs' spots, and he just casually asks to see one guy's real Sub. He switched it out w/the Folex (w/out any of us knowing cuz we were just shooting the crap and watching a LakeShow game) and gave it back to our homey. The guy is a pretty big watch dude, and he NEVER even realized he had the fugazi. It was a few days before our other homeboy came clean and gave him the real Sub back. We were all like...............WTH + DAYUUUM. If that dude wasn't always on the up and up, I bet someone would've got heated at him for pulling that stunt....i probably would've....maybe let it go on for an hour or two...but a few days??. but he said he just wanted to see how good the fake really was cuz he knew our homey is usually on point w/his watch game...guess not that time.

anyways, whatever your buying do some research on the make+model +ballpark prices before you go in to really buy (googling fake rolexes to know the basic signs of fakes is a good idea)

and, ALWAYS get papers+certs w/your timepieces.

btw, as for Chong Hing having Rolexes, I ain't questioning ben about having them before, but I'm gonna ask my dog find out what's the current deal cuz all this time I've just been telling peeps wanting Rolexes that I have no idea where to go. my boy just bought a Sub and he used to live in LA and hit the same CHJ as me too. I didn't ask him where he got it, but if CHJ has Rolexes now, it's probably there. He lives in San Jo now near their Milpitas store.

for a K Serial number which is 2002 to early 2003, I bought my watch during that time and paid $3,200. this is a sub date, not non date.
they are goin for $5,000 after tax and you ain't avoiding tax homey unless you ship outta state in a state where one of their stores doesnt exist.

I came up for real.
I paid like $3,000 for my panerai, non ice. and I could get more then that now for it.
DJ Homicide, DJ AM, DJ Ben Baller = A M C
Dyrt clothing coming soon worldwide!
www.solerebelfoundation.com

the stones I bought were brilliant (round) cut and they are vs, J color. also it is hard to buy a large amount of moss's downtown(L.A.) in the whole diamond district there is probably 5 places that have loose moss's, and they don't have more than 50 of each size (meaning 3pt, 1 ct, 3ct, etc...) I would say right now unless you really want moss's and are dealing with stones 2cts and above to still go with real diamonds. Also, I compared the stones I bought to the moss's, and when the stones are that small you can't really tell the difference in the shine, fire, and luster. You can only really tell when you get to the bigger stones.

i left LA in early 02, so that sounds about right. i know before then, CHJ (at least their San Gabriel store..the one I always went to) didn't have Rolexes. When I was shopping for my watch a few years before that, I asked and think I remember the lady telling me they couldn't mess w/them cuz they were so aggressive w/pricing+discounts.....guess Rolex finally caved after they found out how much stuff CHJ moves in all their stores. but, yeah, almost no other dealer anywhere discounts Rolexes.....not even a dime. and hell yeah other fine watch shops HATE their stores. most places knew about them even way back when I was getting my watch in like 97-98. I was like the 3rd dude I knew that bought from them, so I still wasn't down w/them 100% yet. I went to the Tourneau in South Coast Plaza, and they asked if I had shopped around already....I said.....yeah........they asked where......said CHJ.....the saleslady turned to the manager and all dude said next was .......oh, you're probably better off going w/them. lol

as for the no-tax deal....perhaps I used the wrong wording, but whenever I or my homeys go in, we only deal w/out the door prices. (we view those as "no-tax" deals, but from their standpoint, I'm sure they work Uncle Sam's cut into the equation when crunching the #'s....."no-tax" hook-ups are a big draw for all Asian shops+customers, so it's just creative marketing+sales tactics)

btw, you most definitely came up big on the Sub and Panerai. Rolexes have and always will hold value because of their mass appeal. but, IMO, you made out even better on your Panerai. Those things were hot as hell a couple years ago...they're still dope, but all the hypebeasts cooled off on them. now only the real on point timepiece peeps go for them which is good for you and other Panerai owners.

if memory serves correctly, I think most peeps nowadays are paying around $4200-4500 for the Panerai that you posted pics of last year. you probably could get more than you paid new as long as you didn't give it the biker boy business like your Sub.

DJ Prostyle (Heavy Hitters)

rkpxye.jpg

rkpy88.jpg

Abstract & Prostyle

rkpzli.jpg

Ghost & Linx
rkpzqg.jpg

rkpzyw.jpg

Larry Johnson
rkpzs7.jpg

^ I had a feeling you would like that one....

I remember last summer when I was in NY me and Fab went into Aviannes and Prostyle's old piece was there, it was like a 3D "PS" white diamonds joint VERY SERIOUS.

@#%$ is piff B, that's what JR writer's chain should'ved looked like instead of swagga jackin da OG dip logo....

i bet as soon as JR writer bumps into prostyle he'll change his joint or get somethnig that mirrors that.
team platano

Here's a piece I had made over 2 summers ago. Strait cuban links and platinum. DJ ECUNO (AKA SEX PISTOLA)

Chain1.jpg

Chain2.jpg

[/b][/i]

Doubt it.

Plus he's probably seen him many times Prostyle always travelling from Orlando to NYC to be on tv. As for JR's eagle I remember hearing from Duke Da God that Cam's wanted the first few Diplomat members when they go solo to have their own logos but have different versions of an eagle in them.

Jim, Juelz & JR have that.

How many jewlers deal with rubies? I want to get this custom piece made (with no diamonds)... but can't really find a jewler who effs with a lot of rubies and does good custom work...
[/b]​

JR you still in DC? If I were you I'd just go to NY and get @ Aviannes in the jewelrey district.

Yea...well NC right now, schoolin...i'll have to do that though...just came back from NY like a week ago on spring break time...but yea l'll have to go back up when the semester's over...thanx
[/b]​

Thanks CL and Ktown. Imma swing by Chong Hing and that spot Ktown mentioned in downtown next week. I guess i gotta do some research cuz i dont know anyone that is really knowledgable in the watch or jewelry game.

You guys ever been to Newport Seafood on Las Tunas and Mission? Bomb chinese food. Get the lobster and the French Style Beef. Hit that place up next time you guys are in the SGV. Its in the plaza with the 711. Oh yea Ktown you should try that dumpling place in Arcadia, its hella popular check it out. Thanks again guys

Back
Top Bottom