OFFICIAL JEWELRY THREAD VOL. 4 (56k pop off)

Pretty much... i was at the jewlrey store looking for a pittsburgh pirates "P" logo and dude just said if i can draw or make the design then they could make it.

So right now im basiaclly looking for the right dimension and carats for the piece...i may even be using some black diamonds

K.L.C​
HERE THE ECHGKKKK AND YOU KNOW ITS ME

damn ben i wanna c that rosary! cause i might cop somethin but not 2 crazy and a rosary sounds perfect

What determines money wise what you can and can't do? If your short on money you just add less quality diamonds? What part of the piece do you decide needs to have less effort done?

we don't make mistakes its a rare mistake on the devil piece, we wanted the piece to be 4" tall including the bail, but my uncle made it 4" without the bail, so it was a couple thousand dollar mistake on our end.

as for money wise. we don't ever quote low, we always quote a little higher to leave a little leway, because on custom work who knows, so we require at least 50% down before we even start the mold. once we make the wax mold and before we start casting it into gold, we know off bat; how much it'll weigh (give or take a few grams) and how many diamonds it'll take give or take 30 diamonds under/over

if you don't meet our minimum requirement of at least $7,500 for the pendant without the chain, then we won't do the job period. we won't sacrafice our quality, we use SI diamonds at worst. so we're not that greedy. if you're a walk in customer, then it's a different story, there's different people at my shop that deal with the walk up customers and they'll do it at our other shop that's not ICEE FRESH. we have a name to uphold now. so we don't use cheaper diamonds unless we have to for like a favor when a customer of ours just wants to make a small piece for a friend or mass quantity of the same piece.

I've seen Johnny TV use J color or worse stones and like I3 clairty stones, its just awful.

as for effort, I mean if you go yellow(not canary) colored diamonds or blacc diamonds, then you'll save more money, so if it's a budget issue with dudes who go with our minimum of a $7k piece, then I suggest they use more blacc or yellow diamonds to get more bang for your dollar. even our yellows are bright and nice. and yellow diamonds and blacc diamonds are cheaper. we won't go moissinite, even at a customers request, because once it's taken some place to be cleaned or any other jeweler, there goes your rep and they'll start saying "yo man why you give me fake diamonds, blah blah blah" rubies and sapphires and other precious gems show up on our diamond tester, it won't show up as a diamond, but it'll show on the scale what type of stone it is. we gotta cover our asses always.
white diamonds will always cost much more. baby glacier blue diamonds are next. and of course to save money, you can go with 1 or 1.5 or 2 pointer size diamonds instead of 3 pointers, etc. ya dig?

basically, when people ask me, "yo how much to make me a custom piece like this for my logo?" I say "well how much do you got?" that'll tell me exactly what I can give them and what we can do for that price. we're the best at this custom jewelry game right now. because we ain't hittin them in the heads with a 40 or 50% margin markup.

if you're short on money, then go see Johnny TV or some other bootleg jeweler, that's what we usually do. I've seen custom pieces made for $4,000 or less and they use a lotta diamond cuts and space things out.
I won't say how much NJD's piece cost, but he got a steal for real.

look at our page and see the work we do, like I said before, we're always quality over quantity, but we're also doing major volume with maintaining that high end champagne taste quality.

if we did a piece for a guy who had $7k and we're 1/2 way done and almost over the budget our client has, we're not going to use different grade that late in the game, we'd melt it down and give him his money bacc. we have never had that happen though. and IT WON'T HAPPEN. it was just that one time with NJD's piece, we literally took a loss because I made a mistake on the exact specs, but it's cool because he's family.

I'm pretty accurate when it comes to an estimate, but my cousin is bullseye, dead on drop accurate. some of you guys don't realize how big 4" wide or tall is for a pendant.

and bacc to the rosary's, we're gonna sell a lot of those, because $2,500 is real reasonable and these pieces are timeless and classy and you can wear them everyday
DJ Homicide, DJ AM, DJ Ben Baller = A M C
www.myspace.com/iceefreshjewels
www.solerebelfoundation.com

damn thats a hell of alot of diamond info right there, its good to know your @#%$ when droppin major bread though
insert new sig here....

Yo Ben I got a lot of respect for your business plan and just the grind in general.

But as far as the name of your business goes, "ICEE FRESH", I mean I know you got a lot of business coming from the hood, but especially with the amount of quality you guys are going for and the degree of work y'all are putting in, are you going to stick with that name or are you going to end up switching up to a more subtle business name. Maybe "Ben The Jeweller" or something of that nature?

elbimh.jpg

WOW!!! Pre-Tats and mini-bling! I met you when you just got the ktown done...how long ago was this.

^^^^^ that pic was taken by some professional NBA photographer in like 1994, but I still had tats all over my arms, just not below short sleeves.

as for the ICEE FRESH name, it's there already, changing it would be a hassle.
most of my celeb clients just say Ben Baller the jeweler made it for me, etc, etc.
and now with our logo being done and collabs with major hundred million dollar labels, it's fine. like when MTV airs my interview, I'm sure most of the sound bytes they got from Paris or Nas or whoever, they'll say so I heard Ben Baller did your jewelry, I don't care what people think of the name.

TV jewelry? GRILLZ, mr bling?
we're okay. lol

what gets to me, honestly I get steamed and tight about this issue.

you see pieces like for $4,500 and when you see them in person, it's exactly what that is a piece that looks like $4,500

then you see a piece like Jermaine Dupri's SoSoDef piece that he supposedly paid $45,000 from johnny dang and it's on his site. it's still not executed or as sharp as it coulda been. for $45k, we woulda made that piece glow in the dark.

if you want a piece for cheap, that's what you'll get. a cheap piece.
i'm just sicc of seeing this garbage, jacob and now johnny own a CNC machine, so they can press up super ******ed tight molds machine wise that are like laser sharp.
but we're already doin that by hand. that machine is like 5million, so as for now, I rather spend that on loose stones and much more raw gold.

why use steroids when you got the world record already off your natural strength?

Ben, what's up with Game's broken chain?
Some muslim chick broke, check Youtube for the video.

Quote:
iunno, i like looking at jewelery but i think i can do something better with 10 gs if it took me 2mo or more to work for it.

word, imo if you don't have cake like that just not cop a chain at all.

^^^^^^NINJAHOODS A GROWN @#%$ MAN IM SURE HE KNOWS WHAT HES DOING.COME ON DUDES WALKIN AROUND LIKE FEMALES IN THIS THREAD :smh:
smh.gif
RED,OLIVE,TEAL DEAD SERIOUS HOODY ALL 2XL FOR SALE

lol.
1. fact, jacob is done, his business has dropped something like 78% which is beyond the scale. + he's going to jail. jacob has had that machine for almost 3 years and still was charging $12 to $15 to set a stone and absurd prices for a mold. so no, not worried about jacob, his watches have slowed down completely, so he's a wrap and when he gets sentenced, it'll basically be for life, he'll do a mandatory 15 years, not even 200 million cash is gonna get him out of this one. I just see them making an example of him like they did with martha stewart. people sang like birds and snitched crazy.

2. johnny tv just got it and I bet his work will still be trash. his prices are already better then mines, but again, his work and overall quality is like a lexus with rims at best, our work at worst is a Bentley GT compared to his. he only charges like $2 or $3 at most per stone to set and you can tell, with this machine, maybe he'll cut the costs more, but it's a wrap, when you're supposedly the king of grills and your grills aren't even up to par, then you got issues.

this is the whole issue.
Johnny TV got name plate pendants with width, spec, clarity, etc. on his site
claiming SI clarity (BS) and if you look at the shapes of the piece, specifically that J piece, it's awful. so if we wanted to, yes we could make the J piece in that same quality, even though ours would look better and it'd weigh the same and use the same stones, then we could charge $4k, but his work is soo garbage and his choice of stones, etc, we can't afford to do something like that, I'm building a bigger reputation of class and style from dude. he don't care about being corny, he just wants to sorta cake out but be famous.

I mean outside hulk hogan and his family, TV johnny got no celebs outside rappers.
he has a pic of him and paris on his site and paris doesn't even know who he is.

I know paris, for instance, if she got something made by him, she's sooo up on her ice game, she'd know if something was fake, set poorly, etc. most other's don't care in the hood, but my clients and such, they want that super detail like jacob was doin.
we got that and you're gonna pay for that, but our prices for this type of quality are still the lowest and better then jacob and where we really win is we've made $250,000 pieces with labor including over 5,000 diamonds and 1,400 grams of gold done in 3 to 4 days. it takes johnny tv 4 weeks to make a grill man. we turn around grills in a few days as well. so if he needed to make a fully iced out chain like we did for Jonas, it'd take him an eternity.

also, I'm just dissapointed in how he don't care how his @#%$ looks out there in the public eye. man he made a piece for this dude and I think I've mentioned this before, the piece was bigger and thicc'er then Nas's "N" pendant. it was huge, like 6" x 6" and dear lord. when I put it on the scale, I was even off, I was williing to say it was 175 to 200 grams, it was like 145 grams, thing was dumb light. I can't explain it, I'm gonna start pointing out why certain things quality wise are terrible in these posts from now on. even the interstate piece before we closed up the gaps was 385 grams and wasn't the size of that. plus his pave work is just garbage. my baby cousin who does our immediate work could set diamonds better then him and he doesn't even work on our custom jobs, just basic stuff for the store. I also remember seeing a 3" tall cross johnny made and it weighed 31grams. @#%$? do you know how light that is?

and I ain't got beef with no jewelers, I'm eating good, so I'm not trippin, I just would like to see better stuff.

this dude who does akon's jewelry posted a comment with a picture of some of his work on my icee fresh myspace page and it was aite, like a 7 maybe, so I posted a few pieces from my collection and he denied the comment because like a @#%$ @#%$ chump he knew our work would crush his and he prolly didn't want his friends or viewers to jump to us.

bottom line is we got Mariah on locc and Nas on locc and many others who are coming bacc. Mariah says she wants the exact same chain, but now in 18k white gold and to hang lower. and she wants a baby style cross of fat joes but with pink and white diamonds, real. so we got some @#%$ coming in 07

^^^

Do you know the other Johnny in Houston?

The one that does Lil Flip's and Chamillion's stuff
If money didn't change you, YOU'RE NOT MAKING ENOUGH!!!

i just wanna see bens personal piece and all star weekend piece.
TeamRL Polo

PEOPLE WANT TO TELL YOU THAT YOU CANT DO SOMETHING, BECAUSE THEY CANT DO IT....

Back
Top Bottom