Official: Jordan Retro IV Oreo Thread 2/21/2015 (UPDATES ON PG 1)

Going back to the older Oreos the material on them was ****. Creased and scuffed way to easily. Hope this years are 100% better

You are crazy. Probably the best leather since the good ol og days of late 80s early 90s.

I understand this generation like to walk like penguins and stuff their shoes with oragami made of wood so shoes dont crease but you gotta understand real leather is soft. Real leather creases.

Gotta always put comfort over looks.

Nope these werent oreos back then they were black cool grey ivs or retro plus ivs mind you this was before the silly shoe nickname boom and the cool grey ivs with leather/ nubcuk wings

LMAO.. these were called oreos back in 1999...

I agree with Noble. I remember when shoes had no nicknames at all and they were mentioned by the label on the box whether it was the name or the colorway. If we look at the beginning of niketalk no one is using bred or Oreos. No one had nicknames for the shoes or felt it necessary to have one.

There was NOT a Nickname for these until about 5-6 Years after release. Locally or Abroad (Not even on NT).

They were simply "Black & Grey IV's"... that's It and that's All.

There were only a Small List of Jordan's to have Nicknames before the "Internet Sneaker Boom"... these weren't one of them.

Unlike most other nicknames, I honestly think the "oreo" nickname fits this shoe the most. 

Its not a bad nickname. 

Now Raptor 7s, Cherrys, He Got Game 13s, etc are horrible nicknames. 

I hate nicknames but since some are so we'll known to most people I tend to just say them

Unlike most other nicknames, I honestly think the "oreo" nickname fits this shoe the most. 

Its not a bad nickname. 

Add bred in there as well and you got all of them lol

Its not a bad nickname. 

I totally agree with you about this. He Got Game is probably the worst of them all. Oreo 5s and 4s in my opinion have the best names. The color way suites it perfectly. The Taxi 12s have a bad nickname for the color way.

I would have called the Tokyo 5s the Taxi 5s 

Its not a bad nickname. 

AGREED!

I'm not completely against Nicknames, as long as they make GREAT Sense or calls back to the color description on the box (ie: Aqua, Concord, Columbia, etc)

I think "Raptors" has got to be thee Worst. Makes absolutely ZERO sense, considering the Toronto Raptors weren't even thought of in 1991-92. It was the beginning of the BS that still exists in full force today...
mean.gif

See we got some old heads in here with some good memory and knowledge [emoji]128526[/emoji][emoji]128077[/emoji]

Last edited:
Question:If i wear a size 10.5-11 in a pair of Jordan retro 4s would it be too big?Or would the look ok?

BWAHAHAHAHAHA r u asking if the shoe at that size would look awkward? If so, maybe your MOMMY can give u advice, she still buys you BUGLE BOY JEANS right? :smh:

Question:If i wear a size 10.5-11 in a pair of Jordan retro 4s would it be too big?Or would the look ok?

I wear a size 15. I don't think the shoes ever look too big or bulky.

If you want them, buy them and wear them. You got folks in the NBA who wear size 18 in Jordans and they look just fine.

Last edited:
BWAHAHAHAHAHA r u asking if the shoe at that size would look awkward? If so, maybe your MOMMY can give u advice, she still buys you BUGLE BOY JEANS right? :smh:

damn he brought out the bugle boy...... lol.#flashbackin

Also depends on hw u dress.... Skinny jeans on sme of these retro....

Honestly anything but jogger pants.... Im over them since no one knows how to wear other pants with those on retros.

Last edited:
I think only you can truly answer that for yourself.  It depends on the value of each shoe to you.  Maybe you have a ton of Vs (assuming you mean the Grape Vs), and not a lot of IVs, and the BC IVs are your grail.  Or maybe your Grapes are near DS, and the IVs are beaters, in which case being your grails may not mean as much as acquiring a stinky old shoe.  The monetary value is irrelevant if you're going to wear them.  If you're buying to resell, then just research the resell value of each shoe to easily determine the market value.

On another note (and back on topic), the WC IV was my first Jordan in '89, and my first Nike with visible air, and I don't own ANY IVs currently....it's truly sad.....this Oreo will be my first IV retro.  I personally prefer the plastic tab and mesh on the OG IVs, but the all leather looks good on these.  I REALLY hope getting them will be as easy as the Columbia IVs and FB 7s were to add to my cart (though I didn't purchase).  I believe black Jordan's tend to be more popular in general though.  I hope that b/c these aren't an OG colorway that there's generally less interest.  It took me almost 3 hours to get the black friday black infrared 6s into my cart....ugh.

This might be a cop for me. I passed on the Blue 4s in January. But don't know yet, I might pass on these also

Back
Top Bottom