Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Weatherman

• Electric Eel/Easter/Flight

• What The KD7

• Total voters
I he does leave he better make sure he gets all that money guaranteed cuz his shoes will never move with UA like they do with Nike. Let's just be honest with ourselves. Hardcore kd fans may still buy em. If they're performance beasts there's a tiny market for that. But they're not moving in the general public like Nikes. Best case scenario is creating a cult following like d wade has done with li-ning IMO.
creating a cult following like that is definitely going to be hard. Li-Ning was able to do that with a combination of hard-to-find pairs and QUALITY materials. They aren't the best performers by any means, but they look fairly clean and with the combination of premium materials and a sense of rarity (two characteristics us sneakerheads tend to give much favor to) they were able to create that cult following.

UA on the other hand is a fairly common brand focused almost entirely on performance. There is hardly anything rare about anything they put out, with the exceptions of the PE's that very few seem to care about. They hardly have any casual appeal, so the only real way for them to really cash in with KD is if they have some *really* crazy designs in mind or put something out that's really uncharacteristic for them.

do i have my doubts? yes.

do i want to see it happen? absolutely.

Last edited:
I he does leave he better make sure he gets all that money guaranteed cuz his shoes will never move with UA like they do with Nike. Let's just be honest with ourselves. Hardcore kd fans may still buy em. If they're performance beasts there's a tiny market for that. But they're not moving in the general public like Nikes. Best case scenario is creating a cult following like d wade has done with li-ning IMO.
You're exactly right with every point you've made and I agree. And his current Nike deal was 7 years 60 mil which was about 8.4 mil year so I can't see Nike giving him 30 and plus he would be the immediate face of a brand. Only losers in this scenario are the ones who refuses to wear anything but Nike.

60M/7 y=a lil over 8.5 per
vs
30M's a yr for the forseeable future

I'm saying doe! He would be mentioned with Dave Chappell as people who walked away from big chips. I understand happiness and being "the" guy but Damn I can think of all the reasons (30M) why I should do it. Oprah sold out but people don't bag on her much. Money is almost everything!

Last edited:
Just call me Mr. Loser please [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

On the brightside ... UA did do steph curry some justice with that PE I believe they made when he went crazy at MSG it was solid looked like the scoring title kd iv's , Still upset we didnt get a scoring title VI

BTW the UA contract is 30 MIL A YEAR. That about does it folks. He's gone.
he'd be paid more to sell shoes than actually play basketball... 
indifferent.gif

Call me ignorant or whatever but Idk what it is but I can tell a big difference between nike and other brands. They don't compare and not worth mentioning. This is the brand Michael built. You can delve into the abyss of performance but you can only move $100+ shoes aesthetically. I could be wrong in pulling this from the rear (pause) but at least 7 out of 10 are rocking these high end shoes casually. Yeah they got to start somewhere but I don't think designers are eager to partner up with UA than getting a intern at Nike. If KD leaves "I can't blame him" it's solely on the fact he has the best contract in the sneaker world. Kids would welcome the change but I'm a old dog. "Roll Over?" "Play Dead?"

60M/7 y=a lil over 8.5 per
vs
30M's a yr for the forseeable future

+1

Then UA will realize they'll be gone once they give KD that 30 mil and go through a year of KDs sitting on shelves.

KD should sign for a year, rob UA, and go right back to Nike for the KD 8 :pimp:

Hopefully 35k last until Saturday when I have the cash to buy them but whenever I do NDC sells out like the day before . If Under Armour really offers him 30 million a year he has to take and if they're paying that much money they will change up their style. In the end he stays with Nike. Remember this is the same guy who left his agency after being in every freaking commercial two years ago to sign with Jay Z to hardly be in any.

What are the sources on this UA contract offer? And what has Nike offered?

But it's 30 million! I highly doubt Nike with the stable of athletes and it's greedy antics that they would even pony up half that when the king only gets a meager 10 million a year.

Think KD doesn't have much of a choice, but to move to UA, unless Nike offers him more. Also, I think that would officially set the stage for him to return home and play for the Wizards after the 2016 season. I'm geekin. If he does sign with UA, I don't think they'd have trouble finding a top flight designer willing to go to design for KD.

It's crazy because I worked for under armour last semester and people were trolling about getting both him and Melo and now one of those is looking like a very strong possibility

When everyone says the 4 is the best they are talking about aesthetics. You can probably count on 1 hand the number of people on Earth who actually enjoy them for performance/comfort reasons.

I'm one of those guys. I actually really enjoyed playing in the 4s.

Think KD doesn't have much of a choice, but to move to UA, unless Nike offers him more. Also, I think that would officially set the stage for him to return home and play for the Wizards after the 2016 season. I'm geekin. If he does sign with UA, I don't think they'd have trouble finding a top flight designer willing to go to design for KD.
Well the UA owner and wizards owner are friends and UA could be giving him this much so the wizards can talk him into a smaller but significant contract so the wiz can keep beal longterm.

Back
Top Bottom