Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Weatherman

• Electric Eel/Easter/Flight

• What The KD7

• Total voters
Nike better match UA's deal. If not, they're in deep trouble. The Lebron 12's are ugly af and the Kobe X will have to be amazing. Also the thing is that the KD 7 has so much potential. I feel like the themes would look so nice on them and the thought of not having an N7 KD is worrisome.

Nike better match UA's deal. If not, they're in deep trouble. The Lebron 12's are ugly af and the Kobe X will have to be amazing. Also the thing is that the KD 7 has so much potential. I feel like the themes would look so nice on them and the thought of not having an N7 KD is worrisome.

Deep trouble...nah. Nike will be just fine.

If anything, this might mean the rest of the KD7 colorways will be marked down to $100-120.

NOT!!!!

OR Nike can turn around and say it's super ultra limited edition and jack the price up at $250!

Last edited:

Nike wins regardless if they let KD go or keep him. They keep him, they continue to make cheddar of of him, his likeness and his name. They let him go, they let a competitor break ground on their own grave with the largest contract that the company (UA) has ever given out.

Win-Win, Nike holds all cards.

UA is offering a stake in the company + a community center built in his mother's name. There's a lot more to it than just the $.
I read it as 265 million is the base of the deal and 285 is with the incentives and stake plus an additional community center while nike is offering 20 million per year with royalties. Not that much of a horrible deal but when you got roc nation convincing you an athlete to sign a deal where you can't advertise any fast food or company that has sugary products for 3 years you would be dumb enough to leave. Smh well I guess that couple extra million a year will come in handy now if he signs that deal considering his new team is burning all his bridges in the endorsement world.

I read it as 265 million is the base of the deal and 285 is with the incentives and stake plus an additional community center while nike is offering 20 million per year with royalties. Not that much of a horrible deal but when you got roc nation convincing you an athlete to sign a deal where you can't advertise any fast food or company that has sugary products for 3 years you would be dumb enough to leave. Smh well I guess that couple extra million a year will come in handy now if he signs that deal considering his new team is burning all his bridges in the endorsement world.
Don't forget the community center built in his mother's name.

UA sure knows how to tug on KD's heartstrings! 

As if Nike couldn't fund a Wanda Pratt community center?

In the end, I am guessing KD will stay with Nike and get a fat raise. Could just be wishful thinking on my part.

No they aren't. Durant isn't Jordan.

I think of this differently than you guys. I wouldn't mind seeing him on another brand. It's better for people like us who buys shoes. I'd like to see someone challenge Nike a bit. Competition makes everyone better. Nike will have to elevate someone else. That's great.
I love watching beasts and Nike sweat it out.

I laughed when I read this, Lebrons, Jordans, Agassis, Kobes, not to mention all the other retro Nikes being released. Nike will be just fine without KD.

i need these CBTS before the UA deal is official 
laugh.gif

NYC heads- have they been sitting like the 35k's? i haven't had time lately between work and school. 

I think of this differently than you guys. I wouldn't mind seeing him on another brand. It's better for people like us who buys shoes. I'd like to see someone challenge Nike a bit. Competition makes everyone better. Nike will have to elevate someone else. That's great.

Nobody even comes close to challenging nike competitively when it comes to basketball shoes so you can end that thought.

And even if someone miraculously did it wouldnt benefit the consumers at all.

There is no company out there that doesnt see how many short cuts nike gets away with and says hey why cant we do that as well?

I hope kd stays but if he goes to ua oh well. If a shoe looks good and is comfortable ill cop no matter the brand.

I even got a couple of pony shoes lol

Last edited:
UA needs to hire Nikes designers along with KD if they wanna succeed.....
Nike will lose KD but they have anthony davis ready to take his spot hes a superstar he should have a sig before kyrie,pg and harden ...

Seriously. The worse I've slummed it is Converse and 1 pair of Grant Hill retro Filas. Other than that, I got only Nikes and Adidas.
Word but not to shade to anybody else but other than vans or chucks I'm good on the other stuff. If I did go outside it would be up not down :lol: think balenciaga :rofl:

Last edited:
UA needs to hire Nikes designers along with KD if they wanna succeed.....
Nike will lose KD but they have anthony davis ready to take his spot hes a superstar he should have a sig before kyrie,pg and harden ...

Anthony Davis is the epitome of that commercial with James Harden.

I don't think kd could boost popularity and half the sales he churn out at Nike. It's interesting what he would do but nobody wants to be like Marbury :lol:

Last edited:
Need those easy money, I think Nike and KD will come to a mutual agreement with regards to the 7s.
yeah regardless they will probably have an inclusion clause to be able to release the pairs that have gone into production/have been revealed. after that, nada.

Back
Top Bottom