**Official Kendrick Lamar Thread 4th Studio Album ''DAMN.''Out Now**

So you think that the only people who bought his stuff were previous fans of his already? I guess my little cousins lied to me. (All 15 and under) Because all of them said they didn't know who he was during the time he died. But they became fans due to all of his music and videos being played all day. But anyway.... this is Kendrick's thread.

Since you're such a music connoisseur, why didnt you introduce them to Mike's music prior? Some great cousin you are.

Yeah mj fell off musically after bad until he dropped you rock my world plus the media scrutiny didnt help

That whole Summer 09 was dedicated to mj tho

"They only embrace you when you're gone"

The same media organizations who criticized him wanted those ratings no matter what.

Dudes said all kdot albums better than all hov albums smh
Those dudes are right though.

section 80 had like 2..maybe 3 memorable songs.. hardly any replay value .. when i think of that album really only ADHD and hiipower come to mind(cuz of that j cole beat)

album showed promise and was a sign of things to come but if you think it can go toe to toe with classics you're either born in 1995 or smoking some good stuff

Last edited:
section 80 had like 2..maybe 3 memorable songs.. hardly any replay value .. when i think of that album really only ADHD and hiipower come to mind(cuz of that j cole beat)

album showed promise and was a sign of things to come but if you think it can go toe to toe with classics you're either born in 1995 or smoking some good stuff

Section 80 only had 2 memorable songs? FOH

-F Your Ethnicity
-Hold Up
-ADHD
-Ronald Regaen Era
-Spiteful Chant
-Rigamortus
-Kush and Corinthians
-Blow My High
-Ab-Souls Outro
-Hiipower
-Poe man dreams

All GREAT tracks.

Last edited:

-F Your Ethnicity
-Hold Up
-ADHD
-Ronald Regaen Era
-Spiteful Chant
-Rigormortis
-Kush and Corinthians
-Blow My High
-Ab-Souls Outro
-Hiipower
-Poe man dreams

All GREAT tracks.
^^^^^^^^^^ he's right

-F Your Ethnicity
-Hold Up
-ADHD
-Ronald Regaen Era
-Spiteful Chant
-Rigamortus
-Kush and Corinthians
-Blow My High
-Ab-Souls Outro
-Hiipower
-Poe man dreams

All GREAT tracks.
i never said it wasnt a good album. Its definitely no classic though. Came out 4 yrs ago and outside of nerds on message boards the average person doesn't know it exists.

i never said it wasnt a good album. Its definitely no classic though. Came out 4 yrs ago and outside of nerds on message boards the average person doesn't know it exists.

:lol: nah. Still GKMC and TPAB are still better than anything Jay has put out. Facts B. And Kendrick is 3/3 in putting out quality music which not many can say.

Last edited:

You mean people who only listen to mainstream music and don't like anything with substance?

Tried to show my friend who likes Kendrick TPAB last night and of course he hated it, then proceeds to try to show me a Nicki minaj, Drake, Wayne song.... Smh.

So sick of people who won't give anything with substance a chance.

Told my boys about TPAB again last night. One of em played it twice, said he didn't like it. Then I told him the approach Kdot took on, said he didn't see it that way.

I feel like, in order to understand and enjoy TPAB, you have to be conscious of the issues in the world, racial issues and be able to put yourself in many perspectives of life.

Pac sold 5 mill & debuted as #1 while in prison with no real music video with him in it

Yall nas stans caping to the extreme

Why are you correlating "hits" = superior artist? That's why the dude brought up Gangam Style, just because it was a "hit" what does that prove? The guy had females buying his album because he was shirtless in Poetic Justice

I'm not jumping into the Nas debate. But chill out with the Pac slander. Pac was the biggest hip hop artist out when he was alive. No one had or will have his influence. He just happened to become bigger (like most legends who die) once he died. Hell, even Michael Jackson became "bigger" once he died. Which is wild.

Alright, I'm outta here.

:lol: nah. Still GKMC and TPAB are still better than anything Jay has put out. Facts B. And Kendrick is 3/3 in putting out quality music which not many can say.

i'm nto sure even kendrick would believe this. you know how many rappers today are still quoting Reasonable Doubt in their rhymes? hell i've lost count how many times j. cole has re-made "dead presidents" on his mixtapes.

classics have impact.

tpab is a great album..but i also think it's getting overhyped due to the ****** rap climate were in. last year was probably the worst year for rap ever.

The irony. "Nerds" on message board but, siding with the "average" person? You're praising followers. People don't like substance because they're to busy fitting in. I thought the world wide web was meant to connect people. Instead, it just exposed us to more brainless beings. It's astonishing how people universally use their phones, still have books and televisions in their households, and still don't have a mind of their own.

Section 80 definitely is on par with everything Kendrick has done. "Rigomortis" alone gives that album notoriety...

Yeah mj fell off musically after bad until he dropped you rock my world plus the media scrutiny didnt help

That whole Summer 09 was dedicated to mj tho

Is this sarcasm? Dangerous and HIStory were huge albums and we're both followed by huge world tours.

New rule, if you're under 25, don't talk about 2Pac, MJ or Nas.

Comparing Dangerous and HIStory to anything Jay has done in the last ten years is the worst ******* comparison I have ever seen on the Internet. I don't know how old you are but wow. Can't even believe what I read.

His album Invincible would have been a much better comparison to Jay's work over the last ten years.

Told my boys about TPAB again last night. One of em played it twice, said he didn't like it. Then I told him the approach Kdot took on, said he didn't see it that way.

I feel like, in order to understand and enjoy TPAB, you have to be conscious of the issues in the world, racial issues and be able to put yourself in many perspectives of life.

Even if people don't like the music they at least have to respect the message he's putting out. This album is a collection of black genre's and the subject matter is strong. I don't even think this album is "homework" like some people put it. It might take time to get some of the lines but if you have any black awareness and knowledge of black history the overall message ain't that hard to understand.

Yup. In my case friends that don't like nas/kkdot/roots type artists don't care or are ignorant of the real world around them. trill nimley trill nimley repped u starting off because of the effort that post took

Ummm. Didn't I say "which is wild?" Michael Jackson's estate is now worth over 1 billion. Yes, he became "bigger." Always been huge, but when he died, people ran to his music again to re-buy.
??? Michael jackson didnt become bigger after he died, he just sold mad albums.... omg, people must not remember the 80s and 90s when michael jackson had grown men and women passing out across the world just by grabbing his crotch...

People truly are stuck in the moment when it comes to history.

Last edited:

The irony. "Nerds" on message board but, siding with the "average" person? You're praising followers. People don't like substance because they're to busy fitting in. I thought the world wide web was meant to connect people. Instead, it just exposed us to more brainless beings. It's astonishing how people universally use their phones, still have books and televisions in their households, and still don't have a mind of their own.

Section 80 definitely is on par with everything Kendrick has done. "Rigomortis" alone gives that album notoriety...

You mean people who only listen to mainstream music and don't like anything with substance?

Tried to show my friend who likes Kendrick TPAB last night and of course he hated it, then proceeds to try to show me a Nicki minaj, Drake, Wayne song.... Smh.

So sick of people who won't give anything with substance a chance.

it's like that in all facets of entertainment..the average person likes crap.

I **** with kendrick heavy. but i will not stand for someone to put an album that just came out 2 weeks ago over an album that next year will have it's 20th anniversary. or to say section 80 is better than RD, Blueprint, American Gangster etc... nah not hearing it.

he will be remembered for GKMC..that album had impact. i still hear "ya bish" on a daily basis.. No joke i just got back from the grocery store and someone had on a tank top that said "don't kill my vibe"..that's impact.

Last edited:
Im one of the most conscious brothers alive, and tpab isnt THAT great. Yes it blends different eras of music but it comes off as a trip through a time machine with no windows....

#Imo #ijs #dkmv

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom