**Official Kendrick Lamar Thread 4th Studio Album ''DAMN.''Out Now**

The production on this track "Momma".. its amazing how people can catch "a unique rhythm" to another persons song and throw some drums on it.

Hol' up.....did buddy a few pages back say all but one of Pac's albums were flops????

This thread has brought out the worst posters the music forum has seen in years. :lol:

TEK came out... Well with a tech,

Performing Picasso baby in an art gallery for a bunch of hipsters . How the hell did that elevate hip-hop :lol:

TEK came out... Well with a tech,

Performing Picasso baby in an art gallery for a bunch of hipsters . How the hell did that elevate hip-hop
laugh.gif
Jay Z provided rappers  with another way to gain other people money. Rappers are past name dropping liquor and clothing brands. Name dropping artists/painters though? Revolutionary. Thanks Jay!!

Last edited:

Jay Z provided rappers  with another way to gain other people money. Rappers are past name dropping liquor and clothing brands. Name dropping artists/painters though? Revolutionary. Thanks Jay!!
word! and we gon' name drop the same 3 painters because really, we dont know s*** bout art! but it sounds fancy! Basquiats! Picassos! Warhols! Yay art! Thanks hova! Imma grow up to be like you so one day I too can cut up maybachs. That s*** cray!

please n**** go somewhere else with that jay elevated the culture. smfh

Last edited:
not on my time not while I'm up here
not on my time kill the music
not on my time
we could save that **** for the streets
we could save that ****, this for the kids bro

word! and we gon' name drop the same 3 painters because really, we dont know s*** bout art! but it sounds fancy! Basquiats! Picassos! Warhols! Yay art! Thanks hova! Imma grow up to be like you so one day I too can cut up maybachs. That s*** cray!

please n**** go somewhere else with that jay elevated the culture. smfh

jay just dropped an online streaming service yesterday in which the ARTISTS own it. elevating MULTIPLE cultures/genres.

what has kendrick done?

what trends has dude started?

bp1 had dudes loopin up soul for 3-4 years.. and people say s.80 is better :lol:

jay just dropped an online streaming service yesterday in which the ARTISTS own it. elevating MULTIPLE cultures/genres.

what has kendrick done?

bp1 had dudes loopin up soul for 3-4 years.. and people say s.80 is better
laugh.gif
im convinced you're trolling. theres no way you thought u introduced a new fact that we all including myself mentioned just 4 posts ago. we were already talking about tidal. it was in the FIRST response i said to you. you cant be this  stupid so ill just assume you're trolling.

and artists own it? SO THE F*** WHAT? u think artists (most of which are NOT from hiphop by the way) owning something that pimps the consumer elevated the culture? bruh leave the thread and go find yourself in the world. i can tell u stories cole said about jay z trying him. we all know the stories of how hard jay made it for kanye to come up. IN FACT! if it wasn't for dame we wouldnt even have a kanye west cuz jay was blocking him! since you wanna talk about blueprint and soul samples u better thank dame dash and NO ID. cuz jayz CERTAINLY wasn't the visionary behind that. what has kendrick done? hes brought hiphop back to the forefront. he brought hiphop back to its root so instead of every track being about money, they had substance. section 80 had more hiphop on it than yeezus, and magna carta, and watch the throne. combined. if u throw in gkmc and now tpab... kendrick has more hiphop between those 3 albums than everything jay has done past reasonable doubt. just stop bruh. staaaahhhppp.

kendrick has hiphop in a VICE grip ever since gkmc.jay's music has long stopped having a message. Jay as a BUSINESSman has done alot for hiphop. but you need to stop. asking what trends has dude started like thats a metric. find a seat

Last edited:
Lets just forego the fact that Jay is almost DOUBLE Kendricks age.

let's just forego the fact that NT hyperbolic d riders are making statements like this

"Originally Posted by mossman1975

Kendrick’s prime has ALREADY surpassed those of Biggie, 2Pac, Rakim, G Rap, Slick Rick, LL and Ice Cube. If he was to stop rapping RIGHT now, his catalog could go song for song with ANYone from a QUALITY stand point
"

"Originally Posted by Trill Nimley

This is the most Important album in the history of Black music."

Kendrick is up there man, and his quality through his entire discography very much warrants him as being the greatest already

not to mention saying section 80 and all his albums are better than any hov album :lol:

has kendrick even played the garden? i dont think he has..i think the only time he's been there is when J COLE brought him out during his show

let's just forego the fact that NT hyperbolic d riders are making statements like this

"Originally Posted by mossman1975

Kendrick’s prime has ALREADY surpassed those of Biggie, 2Pac, Rakim, G Rap, Slick Rick, LL and Ice Cube. If he was to stop rapping RIGHT now, his catalog could go song for song with ANYone from a QUALITY stand point
"

"Originally Posted by Trill Nimley

This is the most Important album in the history of Black music."
not to mention saying section 80 and all his albums are better than any hov album
laugh.gif

has kendrick even played the garden? i dont think he has..i think the only time he's been there is when J COLE brought him out during his show
again, stop excusing the STUPID s*** you say by citing stupid stuff other people say. moss said kendricks prime as if kendrick has reached it already. kendrick is continuously getting better nobody knows where his prime is. trill was living in the moment. you look at stupid things people say and figure "man, i better say something equally as stupid in response." that makes no sense. own up to the fact that ur saying dumb s*** left and right. stop looking for scapegoats

what has kendrick done?

bp1 had dudes loopin up soul for 3-4 years.. and people say s.80 is better :lol:
im convinced you're trolling. theres no way you thought u introduced a new fact that we all including myself mentioned just 4 posts ago. we were already talking about tidal. it was in the FIRST response i said to you. you cant be this stupid so ill just assume you're trolling.

and artists own it? SO THE F*** WHAT? u think artists (most of which are NOT from hiphop by the way) elevated the culture? bruh leave the thread and go find yourself in the world. i can tell u stories cole said about jay z trying him. we all know the stories of how hard jay made it for kanye to come up. IN FACT! if it wasn't for dame we wouldnt even have a kanye west cuz jay was blocking him! since you wanna talk about blueprint and soul samples u better thank dame dash and NO ID. cuz jayz CERTAINLY wasn't the visionary behind that. what has kendrick done? hes brought hiphop back to the forefront. he brought hiphop back to its root so instead of every track being about money, they had substance. just stop bruh. staaaahhhppp

jay didn't want kanye RAPPING.. he wanted to keep him as a producer. jay's history shows him as one of the best ear for beats there has been..so i'm not sure what you're ranting about.. again i'll cite American Gangster.. kanye, dame, nowhere near that album. no i.d. was on 1 track outta 15. not to all his other albums with great production.

you wanna try to discredit hov some more breh? sounding like a bitter offspring of nasir jones. everything i mentinon you're like "so what!" even though these are all facts.

"again, stop excusing the STUPID s*** you say by citing stupid stuff other people say. moss said kendricks prime as if kendrick has reached it already. kendrick is continuously getting better nobody knows where his prime is. trill was living in the moment. you look at stupid things people say and figure "man, i better say something equally as stupid in response." that makes no sense. own up to the fact that ur saying dumb s*** left and right. stop looking for scapegoats"

you sounding real upset and moist.. i think your estrogen levels are high breh.

all you kendrick stans are living in the moment..saying some of the most outlandish things i've ever read on a message board. i really forget how strong the sheep mentality is on this board..another reason i enjoy posting on other forums more.

jay didn't want kanye RAPPING.. he wanted to keep him as a producer. jay's history shows him as one of the best ear for beats there has been..so i'm not sure what you're ranting about.. again i'll cite American Gangster.. kanye, dame, nowhere near that album. no i.d. was on 1 track outta 15. not to all his other albums with great production.

you wanna try to discredit hov some more breh? sounding like a bitter offspring of nasir jones. everything i mentinon you're like "so what!" even though these are all facts.

"again, stop excusing the STUPID s*** you say by citing stupid stuff other people say. moss said kendricks prime as if kendrick has reached it already. kendrick is continuously getting better nobody knows where his prime is. trill was living in the moment. you look at stupid things people say and figure "man, i better say something equally as stupid in response." that makes no sense. own up to the fact that ur saying dumb s*** left and right. stop looking for scapegoats"

all you kendrick stans are living in the moment..saying some of the most outlandish things i've ever read on a message board. i really forget how strong the sheep mentality is on this board..another reason i enjoy posting on other forums more.
Deuces up then. 

Kendrick-Lamar-560x373-e1376539904794.jpg

Last edited:

what? best ear for beats? the only stan i see here is you for jay. and u dont read well nor do u know what ur talking about. No ID is responsible for INTRODUCING kanye to dame and jay. and kanye was already spitting but jay wanted to hold him back. much like he frisbeed J. Coles demo tape after he waited in the rain. jay got such a good ear for beats but has been leaning on kanye and mike dean and pharrell and most recently rick rubin's trash a** to help him pick beats on EVERY album. ear for beats. lmaoooooo. like i said, without dame overruling hov...u dont even get kanye west. u know what jay does on his own? signs people like rita ora 
roll.gif
 spends 54 MILLION to acquire tidal and then with his presumptuous a** claim hes changing history and changing music forever by doing it.

and ive complimented jayz business savvy on every post. uve discredited kendrick in every post. it makes no sense. name another mainstream hiphop artist who's putting on properly right now. name ONE. and if u say drake i swear to God...

Last edited:

what? best ear for beats? the only stan i see here is you for jay. and u dont read well nor do u know what ur talking about. No ID is responsible for INTRODUCING kanye to dame and jay. and kanye was already spitting but jay wanted to hold him back. much like he frisbeed J. Coles demo tape after he waited in the rain. jay got such a good ear for beats but has been leaning on kanye and mike dean and pharrell and most recently rick rubin's trash a** to help him pick beats on EVERY album. ear for beats. lmaoooooo. like i said, without dame overruling hov...u dont even get kanye west. u know what jay does on his own? signs people like rita ora :rofl:  spends 54 MILLION to acquire tidal and then with his presumptuous a** claim hes changing history and changing music forever by doing it.

and ive complimented jayz business savvy on every post. uve discredited kendrick in every post. it makes no sense. name another mainstream hiphop artist who's putting on properly right now. name ONE. and if u say drake i swear to God...

for one i don't know what this frisbee talk about j cole is..you act like he didn't SIGN him to roc nation.. hell he was at the tidal confence.

RICK RUBIN? bro they did ONE song together EVER.. in 2003. 99 problems..that's it..yet rick rubin is on every album? View media item 1318709

rick rubin wasn't even featured on magna carta..he was just in the commercial. http://www.theguardian.com/music/2013/jul/02/jay-z-rick-rubin-promo-clip

and you're gonna act like reasonable doubt isn't one fo the most flawless produced albums of all-time?

that the hard knock life beat wasn't ill and that vol 2 didn't start the trend of having all the hot producers on an album instead of a solo one like they used to do (for better or worse)

like hov didn't have epic collabs with premo on vol 1 and 3? like just blaze didn't lace bangers on dynasty and even kingdom come.

and as far as kanye..he's hardly made ANY beats for anyone the past few years breh.. not even himself. he only did 1 or 2 songs on each of his last few albums and NONE on his yeezus.. most of it is collabs with other dudes getting the credit. so again MORE LIES on your part.. but ye and hov do dope work together.. but hov had 5 albums before they first met..so i'm not sure what your point is yet again

and jay and pharrell been collaborating for 15 years..he usually only gets a song or 2 per album.

you sound like SCORNED WOMEN trying to discredit another rapper because yours didn't have the success or business savvy to make the power moves hov makes ona regular basis . get a pair man

Last edited:
for one i don't know what this frisbee talk about j cole is..you act like he didn't SIGN him to roc nation.. hell he was at the tidal confence.

RICK RUBIN? bro they did ONE song together EVER.. in 2003. 99 problems..that's it..yet rick rubin is on every album?

rick rubin wasn't even featured on magna carta..he was just in the commercial. http://www.theguardian.com/music/2013/jul/02/jay-z-rick-rubin-promo-clip

and you're gonna act like reasonable doubt isn't one fo the most flawless produced albums of all-time?

that the hard knock life beat wasn't ill and that vol 2 didn't start the trend of having all the hot producers on an album instead of a solo one like they used to do (for better or worse)

like hov didn't have epic collabs with premo on vol 1 and 3? like just blaze didn't lace bangers on dynasty and even kingdom come.

and as far as kanye..he's hardly made ANY beats for anyone the past few years breh.. not even himself. he only did 1 or 2 songs on each of his last few albums and NONE on his yeezus.. most of it is collabs with other dudes getting the credit. so again MORE LIES on your part.. but ye and hov do dope work together.. but hov had 5 albums before they first met..so i'm not sure what your point is yet again

and jay and pharrell been collaborating for 15 years..he usually only gets a song or 2 per album.

you sound like SCORNED WOMEN trying to discredit another rapper because yours didn't have the success or business savvy to make the power moves hov makes ona regular basis . get a pair man
im done responding to you past this. i cant argue with someone who doesnt even know the basics behind the music they listen to. rubin was instrumental in helping them shape the album. he didnt produce the beat per se, but they called him in as an advisor on the album. typically, this position is called the executive producer but rubin said he didn't want it hes there to listen and critique nd advise. so timbo got the executive producer credit and oversaw most of the beat selection. not jay. Cole waited for HOURS in the rain in NY to give Jay Z a demo outside of a building. hours. jay came out, he gave him his demo. Jay took it, got in the car, rolled the window down, and tossed it out the window without even listening to it. long story short. and i never said rubin is on every album. i named producers he goes to, to help him pick a sound on every album and said "most recently, rick rubin" like i said before...you dont read well. a collab means they collaborated...or worked together. kinda weird to say he did NONE, but did half the work at the same time. my point was, jay doesnt elevate the culture through music. thats what ive been sayin this whole time. can anyone else explain it to him? Ive dumbed it down as much as i can and he still cant grasp it.

and there is no "yours" cuz we're not friends with these artists. i will work with some of them soon and have been in studio with some of them already but there is no "yours." you're a groupie to think you have  an artist. you sound like a kid trying to show off why your bike is better lol. again, u dont understand basics, nor read well. that combination is why this is my last response to you.

Last edited:
back on topic, i wonder where kendrick goes from here. u had a hard hitting debut. a thoughtful and out of the box sophomore album. whats next? where can his sound go from there? can he keep these concept albums going?

back on topic, i wonder where kendrick goes from here. u had a hard hitting debut. a thoughtful and out of the box sophomore album. whats next? where can his sound go from there? can he keep these concept albums going?
I look at it this way. NOBODY saw this one coming so as far as what's next? I dont think the man himself even knows. 

I look at it this way. NOBODY saw this one coming so as far as what's next? I dont think the man himself even knows. 
man... i hope he combines the lyricism of tpab with a catchy sound. hed shut the game DOWN. i also hope he opened up to some hiphop collabs. my ears are begging for a Kendrick x Cole x 3000 collab on one song.

man... i hope he combines the lyricism of tpab with a catchy sound. hed shut the game DOWN. i also hope he opened up to some hiphop collabs. my ears are begging for a Kendrick x Cole x 3000 collab on one song.
d'Angelo x Kendrick x 3000 

giphy.gif

It's hard to tell. I don't know how far he can go with these storytelling type albums. I hope he continues that, but I don't know how long he can keep that up.

Man this thread got so weird...

If we could get back to the music.... anybody explored the relationship between "U" and "Alright"?

I feel like there is a connection between the two that isnt that obvious

Man this thread got so weird...

If we could get back to the music.... anybody explored the relationship between "U" and "Alright"?

I feel like there is a connection between the two that isnt that obvious
i think its him picking himself up. he tore himself apart in u. then follows up with "long as God's got us we gon be alright." i could be wrong or not looking deep enough tho

Back
Top Bottom