**Official Kendrick Lamar Thread 4th Studio Album ''DAMN.''Out Now**

Yeah I don't really agree with the concept of the song in general. Although I like the music, I think some of the material is backwards on that track. 

I'm supposed to ride with OJ cause we was a Heisman Trophy winner? 

I'm supposed to ride with AP because he's the best back in football? 

Ya'mean? Just kinda doesn't make a lot of sense. If you do some messed up ****, your fans can't hold that against you or else they were never really down? I disagree. 

Curious to what AP did wrong ? :lol:

I'm sure you get what he means by the MJ line, think you are just trying to force an disagreement

Why are you guys still responding to bence, :lol:

My dude claims he doesn't like the album or Kendrick yet has more posts in here than just about everyone.

never have i said i didn't like the album.View media item 1318709

i gave it a 5/5 .

i just dont' like these sensitive and hyperbolic kendrick stans who have to put the album over decades old classics after first listen and can't take any constructive criticism toward their idol

Last edited:
Video is Compton. All kendrick wants to do is show compton. incase you missed everything that album is about.

The billy Jean reference is about the lyrics of billy Jean and how they can contradict what was said about him in the media. Not so much how big of a jam the song was, to me at least.

I still can't get past dude wanting a high action video though. Too funny.

Direct to consumer homie. No label input on what should be liked, big part of his strategy is natural or organic as he said on almost all his interviews.

Last edited:
i just dont' like these sensitive and hyperbolic kendrick stans who have to put the album over decades old classics after first listen and can't take any constructive criticism toward their idol
There is one person who made the claim that this album is probably the greatest album Hip Hop has ever witnessed; he also created a thread with his reasoning for it. You have been on that straight short bus commentary this entire thread and anything related to Kendrick. You're a Jay stan who can't digest that there are people who say Kendrick has put out superior quality material than your idol. All you do is pop off at the mouth in here in an attempt to garner attention from anyone who will entertain you. You should do everyone a favor in here and hop back in your clown car and loiter in Jay Z threads.

Why are you guys still responding to bence, :lol:

My dude claims he doesn't like the album or Kendrick yet has more posts in here than just about everyone.

never have i said i didn't like the album.View media item 1318709

i gave it a 5/5 .

Oh, that's right, I guess I had you confused w/ someone else.

You're the guy that said it was a 4.5 and then moved it up to a 5, right?

My apologies, good sir.

There is one person who made the claim that this album is probably the greatest album Hip Hop has ever witnessed; he also created a thread with his reasoning for it. You have been on that straight short bus commentary this entire thread and anything related to Kendrick. You're a Jay stan who can't digest that there are people who say Kendrick has put out superior quality material than your idol. All you do is pop off at the mouth in here in an attempt to garner attention from anyone who will entertain you. You should do everyone a favor in here and hop back in your clown car and loiter in Jay Z threads.

just a quick glance at your profile page sir.

one of your 3 or 4 anti-jay-z posts in the thread "When did you know Jay-Z fell off?" plus you had another in there caping super hard for kendrick :lol:

Kendrick dropped two albums. One JUST came out and cars is saying he better than Hov? Ridiculous.

And Hov most definitely merked the young man on BDKMV.
Kendrick's Section 80 & Overly Dedicated alone **** on anything your man has released in the last decade. GKMC & TPAB are superior works to anything Jay has done in his entire career. RD doesn't hold a candle to either one of Kendrick's major label releases.

i can call a spade a spade and have given kendrick props in this thread and the one calling him the goat.. you clearly have some type of anti- jay-z vendetta as if the man slept with your girl or something :lol:

Last edited:
"That _ gave us Billy Jean you think he touched those kids?" :stoneface:

Worst lyric on the entire album. 

Love that line. He's not saying he gave us great music so forgive him for touching kids. He's talking about blacks turning their backs on each other when **** hits the fan without knowing if it's true or not.

Video is great, all rap videos are cheap today. Technology is too great to be spending six or seven figures on a video.

one of your 3 or 4 anti-jay-z posts in the thread "When did you know Jay-Z fell off?" plus you had another in there caping super hard for kendrick :lol:
i can call a spade a spade and have given kendrick props in this thread and the one calling him the goat.. you clearly have some type of anti- jay-z vendetta as if the man slept with your girl or something :lol:

I didn't have anything bad to say about Jay though, so your clown tendencies once again are revealed. In my opinion every project Kendrick has released is better than what Jay has released. I like RD; I don't think it's a classic, but it's his best album in his discography. I have expressed that both GKMC & TPAB are both better than RD. That opinion doesn't constitute being a Stan. I'm not the individual claiming Kendrick is the G.O.A.T, but you want to compartmentelize anyone who praises this album as some hyperbolic groupie. Yet you're the clown saying Kendrick has contributed nothing to the culture. Once that stupidity poured out of your mouth I knew you brought nothing to the table. Again just because I feel Kendrick's catalogue is already better than your idols, doesn't mean I'm anti-Jay nor a Kendrick stan.

giphy.gif

I didn't have anything bad to say about Jay though, so your clown tendencies once again are revealed. In my opinion every project Kendrick has released is better than what Jay has released. I like RD; I don't think it's a classic, but it's his best album in his discography. I have expressed that both GKMC & TPAB are both better than RD. That opinion doesn't constitute being a Stan. I'm not the individual claiming Kendrick is the G.O.A.T, but you want to compartmentelize anyone who praises this album as some hyperbolic groupie. Yet you're the clown saying Kendrick has contributed nothing to the culture. Once that stupidity poured out of your mouth I knew you brought nothing to the table. Again just because I feel Kendrick's catalogue is already better than your idols, doesn't mean I'm anti-Jay nor a Kendrick stan.

View media item 1474437
but i'm sure s80 is to you huh?

No I don't think Section.80 is a classic. I would give it a 4 out of 5 while I would give RD a 4.5 out of 5. You really are hung up on my opinion, like somehow it changes the validation you already give Jay.

Music is all different though. I really like TPAB but i also really like IYRTITL. I have listened to the new drake way more than Kendrick. Does that make it a better piece of art? Not really Drake is just an easier listen. 10 bands at the gym, here and now on my morning commute half asleep. I listen to kendrick when i have some time to myself and can digest things. I like what he has to say but i honestly hate is voice antics. The "boo boo", the crying voice, the high pictched voice, the doubled over voice. When he just raps i love it. When he adds all the other shenanigans people say "oh it helps tell the story" it also helps me skip the track
View media item 1474437

Memphis Bleek, is that you?

Video was wack...

Kendrick should've shot the video in an art gallery.

Gotta advance the culture man :smh:

not srs

The video didnt fit the song AT ALL. It was even akward at times. IDK I guess I envisioned something more artistic...

Last edited:
For those who don't like the video, what do you think he should have done? How did you picture the visuals for the song?

it's a celebratory record.

...why should it have taken place in a field?
i expected the imagery to be him, kunta, "stunting" on the other slaves. it would go with the story behind the track as, a person who doesn't really have a reason to stunt is busy stunting. what better example than a slave showing off to his fellow slaves. the imagery itself is poetic.

i expected the imagery to be him, kunta, "stunting" on the other slaves. it would go with the story behind the track as, a person who doesn't really have a reason to stunt is busy stunting. what better example than a slave showing off to his fellow slaves. the imagery itself is poetic.

thats not a better idea than what was produced.
and how many slave videos do you really need?
has the struggle that slaves experienced not been pimped enough?

Back
Top Bottom