**Official Kendrick Lamar Thread 4th Studio Album ''DAMN.''Out Now**

I went into this with very low expectations due to PAB and expected the worst. I didn't hear what I expected. I'm hoping that was a one time thing
What is that supposed to mean? :lol:
I just re read that post I got sidetracked and started two different posts at once.

But to sum it up he's no longer really making music that appeals to me. I'm just one guy and he's being lauded all across the community for this sound that he's putting out but it's just not resonating with me.

PAB is an album that I despise to put it frankly, listened to it once and won't listen again in all likelihood.

Not trying to start a huge argument in here, just wanted to weigh in.

I went into this with very low expectations due to PAB and expected the worst. I didn't hear what I expected. I'm hoping that was a one time thing
What is that supposed to mean? :lol:
I just re read that post I got sidetracked and started two different posts at once.

But to sum it up he's no longer really making music that appeals to me. I'm just one guy and he's being lauded all across the community for this sound that he's putting out but it's just not resonating with me.

PAB is an album that I despise to put it frankly, listened to it once and won't listen again in all likelihood.

I can respect that. Everyone got different preferences.

Dawg...the smile that came on my face when I heard what Untitled 03 was 
sick.gif
pimp.gif

Untitled Project is dope! Listened to it twice and the only thing I didn't really care for is track 4 but I am glad to finally have some of these tracks especially the track from Colbert Rerport.

Track 5 man!! :pimp: Kendrick spazzed on that. Production that track is so dope too! (Robert Glasper on piano)

Who did that verse in the middle of untitled 5?

Track 4 goes with the flow of the album ... It's nice

Can't argue with someone's taste, at least you gave Untitled a listen before shooting off at the mouth like a lot of clowns do.

Would you guys bump this when you're chillin with the homies? Or pregaming to go out? The only time I see people listening to this butterfly Louis Armstrong sounding ish is when you bout to po up a quarter glass of red wine with some truffles on the side. This isn't hip hop. You can't tell me otherwise. I'm not one to hate on others opinions but when I be going on Twitter and see the delusional "fans" of Kendrick just slurping up like no other. Like he's dropping unmastered unengineered ish and people losing their minds. With that being said the two tracks that actually sound like hip hop (2 & 7) are two of the best tracks I've ever heard

I'm adding black friday and live version of untitled 1 & 2 to this album on my itunes. :nthat:

Would you guys bump this when you're chillin with the homies? Or pregaming to go out? The only time I see people listening to this butterfly Louis Armstrong sounding ish is when you bout to po up a quarter glass of red wine with some truffles on the side. This isn't hip hop. You can't tell me otherwise. I'm not one to hate on others opinions but when I be going on Twitter and see the delusional "fans" of Kendrick just slurping up like no other. Like he's dropping unmastered unengineered ish and people losing their minds. With that being said the two tracks that actually sound like hip hop (2 & 7) are two of the best tracks I've ever heard

Go listen to Desiigner...this isn't hip hop. Boy if you don't get yo...

Would you guys bump this when you're chillin with the homies? Or pregaming to go out?
No. But I don't think this was Kendrick's intent to release content like that. If you want that hype material, just keep listening to GKMC or some other trap material.

This is some artistry in the form of Outkast, Tupac, and jazzy hip hop material.
Kinda like a throwback to the Pete Rock & CL Smooth/ ATCQ days. Old school hip hop :nthat:
You just be chilling on the porch by yourself with a 40 on hand reminiscing the past bumping TPAB and untitled.

Last edited:

View media item 1938392

:lol:

Dude obviously don't know **** about Hip Hop. Hip Hop isn't one thing. Hip Hop has always sampled jazz and funk. Know what you're talking about before you start talking.

And me personally I bump whatever I want, whenever. I'll listen to Kendrick, Future, Nas, Migos all in the same day.

:lol:

Dude obviously don't know **** about Hip Hop. Hip Hop isn't one thing. Hip Hop has always sampled jazz and funk. Know what you're talking about before you start talking.

And me personally I bump whatever I want, whenever. I'll listen to Kendrick, Future, Nas, Migos all in the same day.
NT needs to send bronocation some cassette tapes of Illmatic, 36 Chambers, Low End Theory, Paid In Full, The Score, Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik, and other classics. Hip hop history care package.

Like hip hop at it's core was founded upon these type sounds. Not everything has to be trap beats and sirens which is dominating 90% of the sound right now.

Back
Top Bottom