**Official Kendrick Lamar Thread 4th Studio Album ''DAMN.''Out Now**

No one left in rap/hip hop, music in general can do what he did on FEAR. And Alchemist gave him a classic beat to absolutely murder

Last edited:
Stop. That makes absolutely no sense
If you're a 2Pac fan then you would understand. 2Pacalypse Now and Section .80 were their first studio albums (Section .80 is consider a studio album by some). They both talk about the struggles of being a black and living in the hood. Good Kid, M.A.A.D. City and Strictly 4 My *.*.*.*.*.*. both had some hits like Swimming Pools and I Get Around; took a more mainstream approach.  To Pimp A Butterfly and Me Against The World both had that old school feel and paid homage to blues and those who paved the way. Dear Mama and Momma are examples. DAMN. and All Eyes On Me have that I'm back and I'm the best feeling to them. Songs like No More Pain and DNA. display this.

To compare based on those terms is ridiculous. Just take both for what they are on an individual basis. Your explanation doesn't make your original statement any more valid. I'm a huge Pac fan so I know his music as well

Top 5 tracks off first listen in no particular order

DNA.
ELEMENT.
XXX.
FEAR.
DUCKWORTH.

Who used that sample on fear? It's I got it in my head but can't name it

Not sure if you're talking about the singing in the beginning, but the guitar sound (i think its a guitar) that starts at :14 secs in "Fear" sounds like same one in Faith Evans "I Love You" which is a sample of an Isaac Hayes song. But I don't see any sample credited in Fear...could just be coincidence.

I'll wait until I've had time to fully digest everything...

but I'll say I am not feeling the Zacari track or Rihanna tracks at all on first few listens. Wish he made a good track with Frank or Sampha....

Impressed with how Rihanna was used. Wasn't really loving the idea of her on a track, but it sounds great. Same with U2, and I'm a huge fan of theirs. Sometimes collab tracks with super famous artists feel so forced, but these just worked.

3 classic ratings already :lol:. Already know how bruh fanbase is tho so not surprised.

But about to listen now

yessir. loyalty and love are both fire

yah yah chorus is funny tho. reminds me of randy in south park being lorde. dope song tho

Not sure if you're talking about the singing in the beginning, but the guitar sound (i think its a guitar) that starts at :14 secs in "Fear" sounds like same one in Faith Evans "I Love You" which is a sample of an Isaac Hayes song. But I don't see any sample credited in Fear...could just be coincidence.

Thank you. But I swear it sounds like a rap song I've heard. It's killing me. Maybe I'm tripping.

Back
Top Bottom