**Official Kendrick Lamar Thread 4th Studio Album ''DAMN.''Out Now**

Y'all tripping, Cole is a dope rapper and I see why he has a huge fanbase. No he's not as skillful as kendrick but who his? 4 was a disappointment to me Cole still dope.

All of this ^

I thought I was in the fools wildin' thread when I seen the Cole slander :smh:

He has talent but his music is extremely uninspiring.
I've tried to give dude a chance for a few albums and it just doesn't connect with me. Just feels like some middle of the pack ****.

Last edited:
Just hate how most of his songs are never good as standalones. If my iPod on random and one of his songs comes on, its most likely getting skipped.

This is exactly how I feel about alot of TPAB and DAMN.

That random playlist test is big for me, if I listen to your **** sandwiched between other tracks that are dope and immediately want to skip your track, not a good look.

I got multiple tracks from Section.80 and GKMC that won't get skipped on random, but his new stuff, not so much. I think it all goes back to the production, it's just not as good as it was on his previous albums imo. But I'm gonna give DAMN a couple more spins and see if it grows on me.

I don't feel that way at all about DAMN. Played it 4 times total today and that album flows perfectly both front to back and as stand alone tracks. One of various reasons I can say DAMM >>> TPAB very easily. I'm up in the air comparing it to GKMC though. But those latter two are so much better than TPAB it's not even funny.

Last edited:
Im not a Kendrick fan at all.GKMC was a classic.TPAB wasnt all that to me.Its hard to make a classic album.When the album is based on 1 subject.It was needed,but highly overrated in my opinion.Had no replay value to me.With me being a hard person on liking most rap today.This man went in on this album.I dont check for his music.Because im not fan of him.With all the soundalike migo biting garbage thats out now.I said why not check it out.Put it on from start to finish.Didnt skip any songs.I was surprised at the 1980,s feel/outkast sound to it.This might turn out to be a classic like GKMC.Ive been in 2 different states and ive heard Humble,Loyal on different stations.It has that AEOM (Pac) aspect to it.Meaning stations will play songs off of the album.Even if there not meant to be singles.Thats what a classic album does.Thats hard to do nowadays.It was done in the 90,s by alot of rappers,no matter where they where from.The rappers back then where built from a different caliber.Kendrick is part of that wave.I just wish more rappers would stop playing it safe with the usual trap beat and repetitive same flow.If more rappers would be themselves and represent there region production/beat selection wise.The rap game would be in a better place.Put it this way.If you put your heart in it,and represent your state/city.You would be a album artist.Most of the rappers today are mixtape rappers.They dont put there all into it.Other wise they would be releasing 1-2 album every 2 years like our rappers from the past.

You sound like a fan.

That's cus the label buys Cole's records. They been tryna "make" him a success and inflate the numbers

As much as I'd love to believe that, Cole really does have a big & loyal fanbase who love being spoon fed his basic stuff. I seem to meet more Cole fans than Kendrick fans. Ppl just suck

Some of y'all so high and mighty once Kendrick drop. :lol:

Y'all tripping, Cole is a dope rapper and I see why he has a huge fanbase. No he's not as skillful as kendrick but who his? 4 was a disappointment to me Cole still dope.

All of this ^

I thought I was in the fools wildin' thread when I seen the Cole slander :smh:

He has talent but his music is extremely uninspiring.
I've tried to give dude a chance for a few albums and it just doesn't connect with me. Just feels like some middle of the pack ****.
Word. Will mess with a ken/Cole LP tho...
Kungfu will light a fire under that ***

Lust is amazing to me.

So amazing.

Yah, I get that "working hard and late" tired type of vibe. I can vibe so well with it.

I ain't even mad, all the tracks are great.

Kendrick & Cole album would be fire. Cole normally delivers on his features even tho he got washed on Joey Badass last album lol

I doubt we getting it tho. Dude just dont seem like he got the passion for this music ish no more. Waste of potential. Thats my main gripe with him & his annoying fanbase too lol

His fans are pretty annoying.

All my buddies on FB shared all his videos when he was debuting FYEO, every single one and kept playing it over and sharing it over and over.

I'm over here like, FYEO is ***. And this coming from a day 1 fan from A Dollar And A Dream

His fans are pretty annoying.

All my buddies on FB shared all his videos when he was debuting FYEO, every single one and kept playing it over and sharing it over and over.

I'm over here like, FYEO is ***. And this coming from a day 1 fan from A Dollar And A Dream

Been listening to dude since Grown Simba. Happy for his success but musically i feel like he shoulda been so much better. Its crazy listening to a track like Heart Pt 1 when Kendrick says...

"I was at the XXL just trying to excel
Networking, meanwhile my stomach turning
Wanted to be apart of it cater it to my audience
J. Cole runnin' late
If he don't show up, think I can take his place
Ladies start laughing
No pun intended I ain't being sarcastic"

Like this guy Cole had such a headstart on Kendrick & now Kendricks passed him. Hes everything i thought Cole coulda been while Cole just at a stand still musically

Right!

He debuted with one of the coldest verse on Jay Z's A Star is Born. Followed through the years and he goes and release some FYEO. Doesn't even get a replay from me. Disappointed.

Cole peaked at FNL
HOV gave him Mr. Nice Watch and wasted it

Jermaine still gotta pay for that 
mean.gif

The only boring Cole album (to me) is the recent one. I actually need to try to listen to that again. I've only ran through it once, but that ish is Zzzz......

I enjoy all his other projects.

Cole is good haha I think people just expect him to drop a classic album and he hasnt done it. Also you cant compare him to kendrick cause...u cant really compare any rapper to kendrick. Hes just too good. It would be ill to see another rapper drop a really lyrical and critically acclaimed album just for the sake of rap so hopefully cole can do it. 

Cole is good haha I think people just expect him to drop a classic album and he hasnt done it. Also you cant compare him to kendrick cause...u cant really compare any rapper to kendrick. Hes just too good. It would be ill to see another rapper drop a really lyrical and critically acclaimed album just for the sake of rap so hopefully cole can do it. 

Breh Forest Hill Drives is pretty lyrical & highly acclaimed, he's already done it

Back
Top Bottom