**Official Kendrick Lamar Thread 4th Studio Album ''DAMN.''Out Now**

Oh, thanks for sparing me the time then. 

Guess I'll go delete the mp3s from my library and forget about looking for the vinyl.

200_s.gif

If you have to put on sunblock before leaving the house in the summer. THIS ALBUM IS NOT FOR YOU

If you've gotten a haircut at Best Cuts. THIS ALBUM IS NOT FOR YOU.

If Iggy Azalea.Macklamore.or Yelawolf could sneak into your family reuinion. THIS ALBUM IS NOT FOR YOU.

If you don't know who Yusef Hawkins is. THIS ALBUM IS NOT FOR YOU.

If you've never heard Ice Cube's "We Had To Tear This Mutha***** Up". THIS ALBUM IS NOT FOR YOU.

If the colors red.black.&green. Mean nothing to you. THIS ALBUM IS NOT FOR YOU.

If your parents have EVER voted Republican. THIS ALBUM IS NOT FOR YOU.

If you can't keep a rhythm. THIS ALBUM IS NOT FOR YOU.

If Drake is considered black compared to you. THIS ALBUM IS NOT FOR YOU.

If either of your parents never had an afro. THIS ALBUM IS NOT FOR YOU
2YFfur1.gif

If you have to put on sunblock before leaving the house in the summer. THIS ALBUM IS NOT FOR YOU

If Iggy Azalea.Macklamore.or Yelawolf could sneak into your family reuinion. THIS ALBUM IS NOT FOR YOU.

If you've never heard Ice Cube's "We Had To Tear This Mutha***** Up". THIS ALBUM IS NOT FOR YOU.

If you say brotha with the ER. THIS ALBUM IS NOT FOR YOU.

If you never watched Ya moms put relaxed in your sistas hair. THIS ALBUM IS NKT FOR YOU.

Everyone who doesn't like this album, if they were to leave hip hop alone the culture would vastly improve. So the album isn't the problem it the reluctance of growth amongst so called fans of hip hop.

If you don't like this album PLEASE leave hip hop culture alone. YOU are the problem. There's a lot of other music out there. This culture is NOT FOR You. There's a cave with your name on it. Your ancestors are expectin you.

:rofl: :pimp:

Culture Vultures please leave hip hop.

We don't need you.

We never needed you.

We never will need you.

this album is the soundtrack to us chasing y'all back in the caves you came from.

Youre not suppose to like this.

Yelawolf album coming soon.
& Iggy goin on tour.
everything's gonna be alright.
Justin Timberlake in the studio as we speak.

You'll have somethin to play at your bonfire this summer.

I really do agree with everything you're saying homie.

And excuse my ignorence but I don't know who Yusef Hawkins is and I love this album.

Reading all these posts in a Lord Jamar voice for some reason.

And excuse my ignorence but I don't know who Yusef Hawkins is and I love this album.

Young black kid that was attacked/killed by an bunch of white kids in Brooklyn back in the 80's.

Last edited by a moderator:

If you never watched Ya moms put relaxed in your sistas hair. THIS ALBUM IS NKT FOR YOU.

Everyone who doesn't like this album, if they were to leave hip hop alone the culture would vastly improve. So the album isn't the problem it the reluctance of growth amongst so called fans of hip hop.

If you don't like this album PLEASE leave hip hop culture alone. YOU are the problem. There's a lot of other music out there. This culture is NOT FOR You. There's a cave with your name on it. Your ancestors are expectin you.

Bruh! Classic post!

I love it! I'm with you brotha!

My moms is currently rocking the natural fro and my pops had dreads for 10+ years.

My pops told me about how younguns was in Times Square wrecking **** and yelling YUSEF!!! YUSEF!!

**** Macklemore and Iggy breh!

EVERY RACE START FROM DI BLACK, JUST MEMBA DAT :rofl:

Last edited:

:smh::pimp:rollin

Yeah, I know I look dumb and ate my words. But apparently I gotta dislike the album now because I'm not black. Smh, with that racist post. Me having to apply sunblock has nothing to do with my ear for music or my ability to listen to a project, ****.

It's funny, although obviously the album is very black, it also represents Kendricks internal struggle of loving himself and accepting himself, that's a VERY strong theme throughout the whole album.

You guys are so damn close minded to look at everything as black and white. Every single person in this thread is nothing more than a brain inside of a body, a body they did not choose.

Also, what's with the old heads feeling all entitled in hip hop? Just because you are older than a lot of people in here mean your hip hop knowledge is greater than there's... FOH.

This album is supposed to be about brining people together, loving ourselves and each other. And yet people are still on here segregating folks and hating on each other. SMH.

Last edited:
Yeah, I know I look dumb and ate my words. But apparently I gotta dislike the album now because I'm not black. Smh, with that racist post. Me having to apply sunblock has nothing to do with my ear for music or my ability to listen to a project, ****.

It's funny, although obviously the album is very black, it also represents Kendricks internal struggle of loving himself and accepting himself, that's a VERY strong theme throughout the whole album.

You guys are so damn close minded to look at everything as black and white. Every single person in this thread is nothing more than a brain inside of a body, a body they did not choose.

Also, what's with the old heads feeling all entitled in hip hop? Just because you are older than a lot of people in here mean your hip hop knowledge is greater than there's... FOH.

This album is supposed to be about brining people together, loving ourselves and each other. And yet people are still on here segregating folks and hating on each other. SMH.

You can't deny that the album is black as **** tho

My mans oratory skills are on point but i'm not allowing myself to get caught up in the fervour.

The initial slander cannot be over looked.

To say this album holds more historical importance than Diplomatic Immunity is hogwash.

You can't deny that the album is black as **** tho

It is. But if you look for more than just blackness in it, and listen with an open ear, Kendrick is rapping about ALOT more. A lot of the topics are about his internal struggles, perhaps part of those internal struggles stem from the way society treats him because he is black, but it's not always right in your face. A lot of it talks about society in general, poor vs rich, questioning yourself, etc, things ANYONE can relate to.

Either way, I found a love for this album, even if it took a few days and a lot of hating that looked bad on my part, but im gonna enjoy the hell out of it, regardless of what I look like, because this is some damn good music.

Last edited:

Who's hating?
Hate isn't s part of my culture.
Hate isn't a part of my heritage.
Hate doesn't represent me or my people.
If you interpret what I'm sayin as hate it says much more about you then it does about me

I'm sure it's a cool CD to you, but to many it's much more than music.

You can like somethin that wasn't made for you. But it should NEVER change the fact that it wasn't made for you.

You liking or disliking this albums means little to nothing in the grand scheme of things.

Those themes aren't gonna speak to you the way they speak to me.

Make no mistake about it.

This is black culture and if you don't wanna recognize that than **** you for the rest of your life.

This album is about bringing BLACK people together. If others is down with us, then let's ride. But if you only like the sounds, this wasn't made for you. Obviously it's not the norm for someone that looks like me to tell someone that looks like you what's for them and what's not but guess what Jim Carey? It's a new day.

Go on a bike ride or go have a frappachino at Starbucks.

This record is as more about Kendrick than it is about race. Sometimes he makes the personal political, too. But . . . only for Black people? Serious? White folks need to hear it just as much if not more, need to hear more about Black people thinking than being shot so they can protest on our behalf.

Here's a review

http://2via.me/lJ7wMEQ111

Ummm ya dude, that's Ronald Regan, who Kendrick blames for bringing crack and guns to black communities. Maybe if you listened to section 80, you would know that. It's a particular white person, not meant to represent white people as a whole, smh.

And I guarantee at least 50 of not more percent of people who will purchase this album are white, and more than 50 percent of people who attend his shows are white, hell id say more than 70% and I've seen Kendrick 6 times.

But what about the Asians? The Mexicans? Are they allowed to enjoy it? Serious question.

Last edited:
The album with the cover depicting a bunch of shirtless black people standing on the White House lawn, leering over the corpse of a white man, drawing heavy parallels to the postcards they used to make in the South of white people posing and smiling around negroes hanging from trees, ISN'T about race?

Last edited:
The album with the cover depicting a bunch of shirtless black people standing on the White House lawn, leering over the corpse of a white man, drawing heavy parallels of the postcards they used to make in the South of white people posing and smiling around negroes hanging from trees, ISN'T about race?

Again, that man on the ground is Ronald Regan, there's more meaning than that.

Blacker the berry is a song fully about Kendrick calling the entire race hypocrites. A LOT of this album is Kendrick calling a lot of things out.

But lets make this a black vs white thing.... Smh

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom