**Official Kendrick Lamar Thread 4th Studio Album ''DAMN.''Out Now**

when i got the tidal message on the phone saying video was up ... 

eek.gif

Right, Only take them serious when they say good things [emoji]129300[/emoji]

Played the album a couple more times

This. This has been my point...these stats/accolades only are "valid" and "matter" to people when it benefits the artist they like.

The man compared Kendrick in his prime to Jay-Z era Kingdom Come. That in no way deserves to be taken seriously.

Not to mention y'all do the exact. same. ****.

Last edited:
Didn't read the review, never really cared about reviews for albums or movies. Was always curious to see how many mics albums got when I was a kid but it didn't have an impact on me.

The people doing these reviews are the people you see in the Complex offices. Why y'all give a ****?

Last edited:

This. This has been my point...these stats/accolades only are "valid" and "matter" to people when it benefits the artist they like.

Do yall agree with that review [emoji]129300[/emoji]

It doesn't matter, it's people only validating the positive accolades as fact and acting as if the negative ones don't count

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't read the review, never really cared about reviews for albums or movies. Was always curious to see how many mics albums got when I was a kid but it didn't have an impact on me.

The people doing these reviews are the people you see in the Complex offices. Why y'all give a ****?

It only counts if it's positive apparently

Got his first mixed review (60), dropped his score to 97 on metacritic.

Kendrick Lamar DAMN.
By A. Harmony
Published Apr 18, 2017
Kendrick LamarDAMN.
At some point, every great artist hits a turbulent patch in their career. Call it the Kingdom Come moment, dubbed after Jay-Z's flaccid 2006 comeback album. While DAMN. isn't nearly as gross an error as that, it is nonetheless a weak moment for Kendrick Lamar.

It's by no means a bad effort: standouts like "ELEMENT."; the raw and introspective "FEEL."; and the album's vulnerable centrepiece "FEAR." keep it from being that. These songs, along with "DUCKWORTH.," the crown jewel of the project, portray a sharp, clear-eyed Lamar. He's refined his ability to convey emotion and delivers some of his most clever, cinematic storytelling.

But the missteps are too obvious to ignore. "LOYALTY." will probably dominate radio this summer, but it's still cringe-worthy in its laziness. The narration on "XXX." is sharp, but sonically, the track is just too messy to resonate. "GOD." is just plain bad. And while other songs like "LUST.," "PRIDE." and "LOVE." aren't terrible, they're also not quite impactful enough to warrant more than a few listens — unusual for Lamar. Forgettable isn't typically his style.

DAMN. is the first time in Lamar's career that he hasn't broken new ground, explored old themes in new ways or exhibited sonic growth. That said, it's a small blemish on an otherwise spotless catalogue. (Interscope)

Jesus Christ. Lust, fear, and XXX had me thinking the most and made me take a step back to reflect on life. More than a few listens for love and lust? Lust has the most replays for me, that hook is too good.

It doesn't matter, it's people only validating the positive accolades as fact and acting as if the negative ones don't count

The negative ones do count (to whoever cares about reviews), doesn't mean you gotta agree.

I'm gonna assume you don't agree with it either though :lol:

The negative ones do count (to whoever cares about reviews), doesn't mean you gotta agree.

I'm gonna assume you don't agree with it either though :lol:

The reviews only matter to people when they're positive, people say "reviews dont count" when its negative

Do you take every negative review about a Drake album seriously...?

Reviews are important, I do take all reviews seriously good or bad. Not seeing what this has to do with Drake anyway

There ARE a good amount of people that rely on reviews to determine whether they want to check out a product or not...I assume you do the same when you shop online for something right?

Last edited by a moderator:
According to A. Harmony, who gave Damn 6/10

Badass AA - 8/10

I Decided (Big S)- 7/0

Awaken my love (Childish G)- 9/10

Cozy tapes (Asap Mob) - 7/10

On Atrocity E (Danny B) - 8/10

Legends never die (Chinx) - 6/10

Savage Mode (21 S) - 6/10

Blank Face LP (Schoolb Q) - 7/10

Slay Z (Azalelia B) - 6/10 

The f he smoking?  hate reviewers/critics that wanna go out of the norm to stand out or push their dumbass agenda. sit down lil b, be humble

You would assume incorrectly. I don't listen to what others have to say, I'd rather go buy/try whatever it is and figure it out for myself. I have my own mind.

I brought up Drake because y'all been coming in here nitpicking when the numbers got posted and now this, if Ns don't agree they don't agree. That reeks of the so-called insecurities you brought up earlier in the thread, you don't have to say it's Drake related when we already know.

Dude compared this album to Hov's worst and you can't understand how people would have an issue with that? Nobody is gonna go back and listen to DAMN. and be like "Word. Dude was right." Literally, nobody. So there's really nothing here to take into consideration when reading that review.

Do you take every negative review about a Drake album seriously...?

Reviews are important, I do take all reviews seriously good or bad.

This explains a lot about your posts. :lol:

Why the hell would you take every review serious when some of the people reviewing the music know nothing about the culture or subject matter they're reviewing?

Last edited:
He rated Big Sean higher and the same as Schoolboy Q? And Kung Fu Kenny the same as 21? Yikes.

Lol at savage mode being rated the same as Kendrick album :rofl:

For the record I think that review is trash as far as the rating. But I understand when dude said he didn't like some of the songs...I don't like some of the songs. Nothing wrong wit that

Damn the same dudes dreaming about drake :x can't wait to bring his name up...SUS

You would assume incorrectly. I don't listen to what others have to say, I'd rather go buy/try whatever it is and figure it out for myself. I have my own mind.

I brought up Drake because y'all been coming in here nitpicking when the numbers got posted and now this, if Ns don't agree they don't agree. That reeks of the so-called insecurities you brought up earlier in the thread, you don't have to say it's Drake related when we already know.

Dude compared this album to Hov's worst and you can't understand how people would have an issue with that? Nobody is gonna go back and listen to DAMN. and be like "Word. Dude was right." Literally, nobody. So there's really nothing here to take into consideration when reading that review.

Ok, you're the one singled out person who doesnt look at reviews before trying a product [emoji]128580[/emoji]

I'm saying, how is a positive review more credible than a negative one? Is it more credible because it's popular opinion? Or because it fits your sentiments?

And for bringing up Drake, y'all don't let three posts go by in that thread without coming in to post some negative ****

I enjoy DAMN. I agree with the positive attention it's gotten. I DON'T agree with y'all on/off switch of who/what is a credible review/measuring stick/accolade...when it only fits with what you agree with

Back
Top Bottom