Official Kobae XI thread

Pale horse vs Ghost of Christmas past

• Pale Horse

Votes: 19 86.4%
  • GOCP

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters
Imagine an orange being squeezed and juice trickling out at a steady rate. Then Kobe announces retirement. The hand will squeeze the **** out of the orange and juice will come gushing out. Then the hand will rotate the orange 90 degrees and squeeze the **** out of it again to get any remaining juice out as well.

Metaphorically the orange is our wallets, the juice is our money and the hand is Nike. They're gonna squeeze as much juice out the orange as they possibly can this year.

That was my biggest fear with the fade to black pack. All the shoes would be plain and generic looking (after the color descriptions came out) like that rumored zk 1

Last edited:
Imagine an orange being squeezed and juice trickling out at a steady rate. Then Kobe announces retirement. The hand will squeeze the **** out of the orange and juice will come gushing out. Then the hand will rotate the orange 90 degrees and squeeze the **** out of it again to get any remaining juice out as well.

Metaphorically the orange is our wallets, the juice is our money and the hand is Nike. They're gonna squeeze as much juice out the orange as they possibly can this year.

v1q3QQ.gif

Last edited:

can i get some of whatever "orange" you're smoking that made you create this metaphor?

i been stressed recently
glasses.gif

I like the idea of the BL cw but remove the red stripes and its just a yellow/black shoe.... easy pass for me

And why didnt Nike put out UNC PEs.. Kobe wouldve played for UNC had he gone to college 
mean.gif

In other news.....
  • XI Mambacurial cw will be made with the non-elite model 
  • I dont think we will get a xmas XI this year... The XII seems to be starting in Dec
Dont know if thats good or bad. I like the XI model just not as much as IX maybe they will bring an ID option back 

I like the idea of the BL cw but remove the red stripes and its just a yellow/black shoe.... easy pass for me

And why didnt Nike put out UNC PEs.. Kobe wouldve played for UNC had he gone to college 
mean.gif

In other news.....
  • XI Mambacurial cw will be made with the non-elite model 
  • I dont think we will get a xmas XI this year... The XII seems to be starting in Dec
Dont know if thats good or bad. I like the XI model just not as much as IX maybe they will bring an ID option back 
kobes on record saying if he went to college it wouldve been duke. UNC is a jordan school. mike told a kid at his camp hes wearing the wrong shoes when he saw him in kobes. so theres a friendly rivalry of sorts going on there. somebody lied to you. youll never see kobes on a UNC player. not PE's anyway.

Last edited:
He's actually gone back and forth about Duke vs UNC. He said he would've gone to Duke back in '07, but just a couple years ago, he said he would've gone to UNC in an interview.

Defying urban legend that he was Duke-bound, had he gone to college instead of the NBA straight out of high school, Bryant said he was leaning toward North Carolina. "I love [Duke Coach Mike Krzyzewski]," Bryant said. "The truth has to come out."

Why North Carolina? Vince Carter, a Tar Heel, was one of the top guards in the country at the time. "I want to play against him, every single day," Bryant said.

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/post/_/id/87467/kobe-wouldve-picked-unc-over-duke

Although they appear different, the size is relatively similar. The AS tongue is slightly longer than the BHM. 

Regardless we won't see a Kobe UNC PE. They're Jordan brand, and they're the top Jordan team in the nation. So obviously Jordan is going to hook them up with the latest and greatest of the brand. They normally debut the new signatures in UNC colorways. In fact not too long ago they were all gifted the Columbias to play in. I would honestly be shocked if we ever saw Kobe PEs there

honestly im cool if i can just cop 1 & 6...at the very least the 1's.

man i remember copping all my Kobe 1's for $60-$70 lol...good old days man. 

Back
Top Bottom