Official Kobae XI thread

Pale horse vs Ghost of Christmas past

• Pale Horse

Votes: 19 86.4%
  • GOCP

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters
For those interested in the Tinker's, Foot Locker House of Hoops in Valley Fair Mall (408) 244-2906, San Jose, CA

In the perspective of performance, the EM are better than the elites. Given that they don't have a translucent outsole that picks up dust and that they have a better one to one fit instead of tpu reinforced fly knit that really isn't true fly knit at all. But I understand most of you who are buying kobes are getting it for casual purposes and not to actually play basketball. In that case the elites do look better from a casual standpoint.
What is true flykint. The current iteration is the best flyknit designed thus far on the Kobe line. 
Stock laces are best.

Everyone wants "true flyknit" until they make a cut towards the basket and it and the shoe rips or you roll your ankle cuz its not strong enough material to keep containment.

The flyknit on runners and flyknit on Kobes are made very differently. Regardless, it's still flyknit

Very true, however, go play basketball against college caliber players like some of us do in those runners and let me know how that works out for you. The flyknit on a basketball shoes is 'reinforced' for a reason. Not sure why people don't understand this and continuously bring it up.

Last edited:
I don't want flyknit on them at all. Mesh still outperforms the fuse backed flyknit they use. Nike just created a way to jack up the price on the "elite" versions which have mostly been gimmicky since the VII.

Very true, go play basketball against college caliber players like some of us do in those runners and let me know how that works out for you. The flyknit in a basketball shoes is 'reinforced' for a reason. Not sure why people don't understand this and continuously bring it up.
Will you relax? I was just making a point. God you people get so worked up for nothing

Will you relax? I was just making a point. God you people get so worked up for nothing

LOL I'm not 'worked up' at all, I actually think it's funny. This has been an issue to people since the 9s. I have multiple 9s, 10s and 11s in EM and Flyknit. I have played in my Elites everytime for a reason. I won't be buying any EM 11s because the Flyknit on this model (which is the best so far) along with the zoom heel is well worth the $40 difference. But hey, to each their own right?

Last edited:
Flyknit ain't that great

Work on a strong *** mesh and work with that and fuse. I'll take that all day

Also since we're on the 'reinforced' topic, u guys have looked at the crap that's all over the XI EM pairs right?

Last edited:
LOL I'm not 'worked up' at all, I actually think it's funny. This has been an issue to people since the 9s. I have multiple 9s, 10s and 11s in EM and Flyknit. I have played in my Elites everytime for a reason. I won't be buying any EM 11s because the Flyknit on this model (which is the best so far) along with the zoom heel is well worth the $40 difference. But hey, to each their own right?
I agree with everything you're saying honestly. I don't have an issue with it. I know it needs to be reinforced or your ankles will blow up and the heel zoom and better materials (to me) are well worth the extra price.

I agree with everything you're saying honestly. I don't have an issue with it. I know it needs to be reinforced or your ankles will blow up and the heel zoom and better materials (to me) are well worth the extra price.

Agreed

Nike has conditioned us to believe that flyknit is a premium material. It's pieces of yarn woven together to be a support for a shoe.

Let's be real.. There's nothing premium about it. It comes down to what looks better. Flyknit looks better than a piece of mesh because it's different.. But both materials need to be reinforced correctly for basketball purposes.

I like both in their own ways. Hopefully I'll have the chance to get some EM IDs this summer.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom