Official Kobae XI thread

Pale horse vs Ghost of Christmas past

• Pale Horse

Votes: 19 86.4%
  • GOCP

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters

Sorry but I can't take you seriously bro for the reasons I set forth below:

A) You still hoop in Kobe 7's, and speak of them in a positive light in a letter to Nike.
B) This letter to Nike is based upon "two hours" playing in the XI. 1 hour and fifteen minutes of which were probably waiting for "next game".
C) Again, you decide to jump in and play in Kobe 7's, like you missed the Kobe V and Kobe VI, went right to the VII, and didn't even try the 9 or 10?

And you began by saying in your first post the courts were dusty and you thought they would be a problem. I've played on some crappy courts that have made the 9's and 10's slip. NO shoe is gonna fix a bad court. Like the best pair of hiking boots isn't gonna stop you from busting your **** on a patch of ice, and the best running shoes wont stop you from slipping on some runoff motoroil on the street.

Thanks for your input tho, but I take it with a grain of salt like everything else. Like the guys that came in here and said the XI run large, you should size down (bunk). OR all the guys that said the X had horrible traction (they don't) etc etc.

And for some perspective, I thougth the VII was a good/OK shoe, but the surrounding models were sooo much better.

^we don't all have the same feet famb, I LOVED the VII. They're tied in MY top performing kobes with the 5 and 8.

I think some people effed up going up .5 size in the 7 instead of breaking in their true size.

Last edited:
Lol 7s had some great colorways but they are by far the most uncomfortable in the line.

Ill answer your last point first then get into the question at hand. 

Im not interested in being cool or liked so lets move on to the more important part. 

My problem is uninformed people like the guy I quoted. You can voice your opinion all you want but to say the shoes will injury you is ridiculous. I have been a wear tester for Nike for probably 5+ yrs now. Ive tested golf to basketball products some great and some not so great. You cant possibly say you've had a full trial of a product in a few hours its just impossible. 

Ive had a chance to play in the XI for a month now and the shoe wont cause or promote any injuries. I could give full in-depth review of the product but Nike has a excellent policy, just try it out for yourself. Dont rely on someone elses subjective review that probably has zero knowledge about a product. 

So if all of what I said is being a **** then Ill be that I got big balls :wink:  

So your opinion is obviously biased, thanks for outing yourself and making everything you say un-credible. I was just curious where all this random rage was coming from, but it's obviously Nike spoon feeding you high performance *******t so cheers dude. Oh and I never said anything about injuries I just said that from a pattern it seemed like horrible traction is inevitable.

Last edited:
Why you guys going in on that dude? It was his first post. Chill lol
It's his "Welcome to NT" initiation.

But he is being ridiculous.

Back to the bashing of the 11-My favorite hoop shoes (Kibe V) didn't become favorites until a good few days of breaking in and hooping. I hated the V's the first couple days before the traction, upper, and cushion broke in. Same with the cushion of the 9, that took a couple weeks. Just saying, I may end up loving or hating these, but I won't know until my IDs get here, and I sure won't know within 2 hours on a dusty court. and that's a month out at least until I get mine. Until then I'm just gonna sit back and enjoy the posts about the gripes and the praises.

Pass on BHM, Really can't wait for detail pictures of Bruce Lees to drop, always been a great cw of Kobe line.

So your opinion is obviously biased, thanks for outing yourself and making everything you say un-credible. I was just curious where all this random rage was coming from, but it's obviously Nike spoon feeding you high performance *******t so cheers dude. Oh and I never said anything about injuries I just said that from a pattern it seemed like horrible traction is inevitable.

I take back my defense of you lol. Nyc757 may post the most reliable info on this site. Gets info way before things are public knowledge. Dude is in the know.

Last edited:

Ill answer your last point first then get into the question at hand. 

Im not interested in being cool or liked so lets move on to the more important part. 

My problem is uninformed people like the guy I quoted. You can voice your opinion all you want but to say the shoes will injury you is ridiculous. I have been a wear tester for Nike for probably 5+ yrs now. Ive tested golf to basketball products some great and some not so great. You cant possibly say you've had a full trial of a product in a few hours its just impossible. 

Ive had a chance to play in the XI for a month now and the shoe wont cause or promote any injuries. I could give full in-depth review of the product but Nike has a excellent policy, just try it out for yourself. Dont rely on someone elses subjective review that probably has zero knowledge about a product. 

So if all of what I said is being a **** then Ill be that I got big balls 
wink.gif

How did you find the traction?

I take back my defense of you lol. Nyc757 may post the most reliable info on this site. Gets info way before things are public knowledge. Dude is in the know.

That's fine, I'm not interested in a d*ck measuring contest of who has the most bravado. I'm not interested in a flame war but only am curious about whether or not the 11 is a bust/ and or the appropriate measures I can take to get a model in better form

Back
Top Bottom