Official Kobae XI thread

Pale horse vs Ghost of Christmas past

• Pale Horse

Votes: 19 86.4%
  • GOCP

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters
I'm honestly just waiting for another 20% of from eastbay to cop the BHMs. They're 186 right now with the 15% discount code. I can hold out a few more weeks.

EDIT: Looks like they just put the promo restriction back on them

Last edited:
I'm honestly just waiting for another 20% of from eastbay to cop the BHMs. They're 186 right now with the 15% discount code. I can hold out a few more weeks.

$190 out the door on 23penny if you don't mind the return policy. That's cheaper than the eastbay deal with 20% off cuz you'll have to pay tax

Yea I know but he doesn't have a size 13. 14 were too roomy when I tried them on in store.

Yeah, I don't think I'm going to order from 23penny again unless I know the exact sizing and I want to keep the shoe FOR SURE. I almost screwed myself with getting the wrong size. Luckily, I found a swap.

$190 out the door on 23penny if you don't mind the return policy. That's cheaper than the eastbay deal with 20% off cuz you'll have to pay tax

They got pairs on ebay for $180 shipped or less from reputable sellers.

On the toe box right under the laces, there is a "XI" in the flyknit...

From the wearer's point of view, looking down at them from above, should it say "XI" on the left shoe and "XI" on the right shoe or "XI" on the left and "IX" on the right? I've seen both ways. The stock photos on NDC show the latter... Just a small detail, just curious what your pairs say... 

So most of you here let your toes reach the edge of the shoe? Im just wondering coz I usually give myself a 2-finger width clearance.

So most of you here let your toes reach the edge of the shoe? Im just wondering coz I usually give myself a 2-finger width clearance.

Yup, that's the LASTTT time I take sizing advice from NT :lol:

Gotta sell these ***** now to go with my usual size

FSR on NDC. Maybe you can by the right size and return the other. Has anyone done that? You can also exchange them at footlocker. That usually works for me.

Two-finger width is quite a bit of room...maybe for running shoes. But touching the end of the sneaker is just as bad (worse, IMO).

The best recommendation is about a thumbnail's width (1/2 inch, approximately) from the end of your longest toe to the end of the shoe. And when you measure this, you should be standing up, putting weight on the foot and splaying your toes.

If you have to choose, always go bigger. Your feet will thank you.

anyone cop or try on the zoom kobe icon? They midsole and outsole looks exactly like the kobe 6. If they actually feel like the kobe 6 then they will be copped once the price drops

Last edited:

I may be reading your response entirely wrong, so forgive me if I am. Anyway, Eastbay doesn't charge tax in every state (always been told if there's a brick and mortar in that state they charge tax, but I looked at their list of states where they're charging and have never seen anything remotely close to an Eastbay store/office. Someone can probably clarify for me). I just moved to California and they charge tax, which took me by surprise because I've lived in either TX or AL for the past 17 years and wasn't charged tax there. That said, I no longer use Eastbay and use Foot Locker since I can return my items in store rather than deal with return shipping.

That's what happened to me too. I don't think a lot of NTers know their actual true size.
laugh.gif
Man...I've tried so many times in so many different threads to help people with sizing, but by far the worst was the Ultra Boost thread. I wrote out an in-depth sizing recommendation on page 35. By page 50 people were asking who the idiot was who recommended they go up half a size, or god forbid a whole size. By page 55, the same person was talking about how their shoes hadn't broken in and how they wish they could go up half a size
laugh.gif

Now it's basically a yeezy thread at 1000 pages, with a new doofus every page asking what size he should buy
mad.gif

That's what happened to me too. I don't think a lot of NTers know their actual true size.
laugh.gif
Man...I've tried so many times in so many different threads to help people with sizing, but by far the worst was the Ultra Boost thread. I wrote out an in-depth sizing recommendation on page 35. By page 50 people were asking who the idiot was who recommended they go up half a size, or god forbid a whole size. By page 55, the same person was talking about how their shoes hadn't broken in and how they wish they could go up half a size
laugh.gif

Now it's basically a yeezy thread at 1000 pages, with a new doofus every page asking what size he should buy
mad.gif
Been to the Flyknit Racer forum by chance? Same song and dance there, too. I will say however, I've sat there with 2 different sizes of shoes, namely the X Elite and it took me a while to figure out which one was best for me.  Although some clowns are just too damn lazy to drive to the store, but get upset when they get the shoe in and it doesn't fit them.

NT Script in nearly every major forum:

1. Nike being lazy with their designs. Pass

Oddly, I'm sure most use them as casual shoes rather than their intent. Myself included, but I'm old. I just want comfort lol. (And lately you get, Adidas is taking over the market (rolls eyes) and they're coming out with some innovative stuff (thanks Kanye ...)

2. A few days before release. These are fire. Gonna cop

3. These TTS!?!?

4. Easy cop or salty if they strike out

5. Anyone get their tracking?

6. Post pics for the Gram and NT

Rinse and repeat 
laugh.gif

As a side note, it's mazing how people ***** regardless of whether they're limited or plentiful. If they have more than enough, they're "trash" or Nike has lost a step. If the supply is restricted Nike should make more and they're just creating hype.  Vicious cycle I tell ya. I personally like when there are a ton so I can use my discount or Swoosh with a few months to do it.

I may be reading your response entirely wrong, so forgive me if I am. Anyway, Eastbay doesn't charge tax in every state (always been told if there's a brick and mortar in that state they charge tax, but I looked at their list of states where they're charging and have never seen anything remotely close to an Eastbay store/office. Someone can probably clarify for me). I just moved to California and they charge tax, which took me by surprise because I've lived in either TX or AL for the past 17 years and wasn't charged tax there. That said, I no longer use Eastbay and use Foot Locker since I can return my items in store rather than deal with return shipping.
Eastbay is part of Footlocker so if theres a footlocker in your state that counts as well. Footlocker just has a crappy return policy.

It could also be state sales tax issue. California has pretty high state sales tax in comparison to other states.

Last edited:

Eastbay is part of Footlocker. Footlocker just has a crappy return policy.
I know that (EAS, FTL, CHPs and FA are under the same unbrella). Has nothing to do with return policy. It has everything to do with what I mentioned in my last sentence. I can return it to the actual store rather than waste time and money shipping them back to EAS. There is zero incentive purchasing from EAS if I'm charged tax then have to pay for return shipping also.

Eastbay is part of Footlocker so if theres a footlocker in your state that counts as well. Footlocker just has a crappy return policy.

It could also be state sales tax issue. California has pretty high state sales tax in comparison to other states.
Sales tax was almost exactly the same in Houston, TX and Mobile, AL as it is in San Diego.  There are Foot Lockers in TX and AL, but no sales tax through Eastbay in either of those states. I doubt the 2 are correlated.

I know that (EAS, FTL, CHPs and FA are under the same unbrella). Has nothing to do with return policy. It has everything to do with what I mentioned in my last sentence. I can return it to the actual store rather than waste time and money shipping them back to EAS. There is zero incentive purchasing from EAS if I'm charged tax then have to pay for return shipping also.
I'm not arguing with you.

I still think footlocker has a crappy return policy. I ordered a pair of shoes online from footlocker, tried returning them to my local footlocker and they still shipped it back for a return. All they were willing to do was print the label and mail it off.  It probably depends on the store but I just deal with NDC or DSG if I can.  

Back
Top Bottom