Official Kobae XI thread

Pale horse vs Ghost of Christmas past

• Pale Horse

Votes: 19 86.4%
  • GOCP

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters
^ that's exactly the stuff he didn't want. I thought the Lakers put it out to the other teams not to do that stuff like Jeter was getting rocking chairs made of baseball bats, etc.  Just give him the video tribute and call it a day

What's the consensus on these XIs vs the Xs performance-wise? I've heard mixed reviews from all those online "review" sites, especially on the traction. Mainly play down low and looking for a stable, cushioned low-cut.

Xs hurt my toes more than XIs do but have better traction.

XIs are kind of slippery/booty if you're playing on a court with any type of dust or debris on it.

Can't say much about the cushioning honestly because I do not remember.

Great deal. Have to post an on foot pic of any Kobe 11 + today's date.
Not bad but it does kinda seem to good to be true. I think these can be had for cheaper honestly. I have a feeling ill end up with these but at no point are they a priority. 

This is the first one that i've got. Could you take a picture of yours?
I will tomorrow, not at home right now I go back tomorrow I'll try and remember to take a picture and compare, mine isn't nearly as bad though 

NYC might have been right about the BHMS on NDC clearance being store returns. Got my pair today but one shoe seemed like someone did a poor job cleaning it before they were put back into the warehouse. Some black spots (dirt?) on the white outsole and seems like some clear oil spots too. Bottom of the sole has tiny dirt markings. I think the shoe has been worn at least once or twice as the outsole has a very light layer of brown over the white. A little nitpicky and I could probably clean it especially at that price but I would have definitely preferred brand new shoes. It looks similar to the 4KB after I wrore it for the first time and someone tried to clean it afterwards. Is this normal or did anyone else have the same problem? 4KBs I bought from Niketown had brand new white outsoles.

Best shots I could take with the camera, other imperfections you can see if you saw the shoes in hand. This was only on the right shoe though, the left looked new.

Last edited:
Returned my BHM's to FTL and ordered a pair from NDC. Saved around $60.

I like the Easter's.. I'll be waiting for them to go on clearance.

Can I still return my BHMs from NDC to a Nike outlet for a refund after 30 days? They haven't been worn yet and still chilling in the box.

Edit: I want to order another pair with the clearance code since my size is still up right now.

Last edited:
Was curious what the Kobe XI All Star would look like with a solid sole, so I hastily threw together a rough photoshop.  

12719150_10100983074633069_7196701994152128281_o.jpg

White soles with speckles would look dope on these.

The clear soles suck.

Clear soles look horrible on these. White soles look better on this silhouette. Unless if u get the best of both like in the avars.

What's the consensus on these XIs vs the Xs performance-wise? I've heard mixed reviews from all those online "review" sites, especially on the traction. Mainly play down low and looking for a stable, cushioned low-cut.

While, I can‘t speak for others, I have ventured into the Kobe line ever since the 1s and have always been a fan of the low cuts, specically the 4,5,6,& 8s. They were light, strong, flexible, and very responsive to me,

I eventually bought the Xs as my older models have all worn out, and found the Xs to be rather disappointing. The Xs lacked responsiveness by a large margin and felt heavier on feet. It was stable, but the sole was just too rigid.

Copped the BL XIs and was a lot more impressed by the insole and flyknit upper as it made the shoe more flexible when compared to the Xs.

In any event, I would say that the XIs are better than the Xs, but if you are hoping for something like the older low cuts, you won‘t get it.

The main thing is to try for yourself as I did. Those vids online are mostly videos to pump up the products.

Last edited:
While, I can‘t speak for others, I have ventured into the Kobe line ever since the 1s and have always been a fan of the low cuts, specically the 4,5,6,& 8s. They were light, strong, flexible, and very responsive to me,

I eventually bought the Xs as my older models have all worn out, and found the Xs to be rather disappointing. The Xs lacked responsiveness by a large margin and felt heavier on feet. It was stable, but the sole was just too rigid.

Copped the BL XIs and was a lot more impressed by the insole and flyknit upper as it made the shoe more flexible when compared to the Xs.

In any event, I would say that the XIs are better than the Xs, but if you are hoping for something like the older low cuts, you won‘t get it.

The main thing is to try for yourself as I did. Those vids online are mostly videos to pump up the products.

Or get either Mentality 1 or 2 and have the same feeling from the 8s.

Back
Top Bottom