Official Kobae XI thread

Pale horse vs Ghost of Christmas past

• Pale Horse

Votes: 19 86.4%
  • GOCP

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters
i would def own an FTB for display only and maybe put a pic of Kobes last shot by the freethrow with it. i thought someone said its for 500 bucks. but for 700? i wouldnt pay that and feed them resellers. got my Mamba ID so im telling myself thats good enough as tribute

1. I paid resell at $700
mean.gif

Quick poll for FTB owners:

1. Did you pay retail for them or did you pay resell value? If you paid resell, how much did you pay?

2. Have you unDS your pair? If not, do you plan to unDS or keep it DS as a collection piece.

I think the FTBs are nice and I would've definitely doubled up if I was able to get them for retail. Right now I just think that they will come down some more. They have already gone down a significant amount since April or May of this year. What I don't like about them is the way the date on the heel and the XX on the tongue is applied. People have complained that they come off. I wish they were sewn on and that's one of the reasons I don't want to pay over $700-800 for them. I do understand the meaning or value since it was the pair Kobe used on his last game and he scored a record 60 points for the last NBA game.
1. I paid retail

2. my pair is still DS. So far I have no plans to wear them, but that moment may come. I really don't know. Right now I see them as a collection piece.

I would not pay $700 or more on them.

Quick poll for FTB owners:

1. Did you pay retail for them or did you pay resell value? If you paid resell, how much did you pay?

2. Have you unDS your pair? If not, do you plan to unDS or keep it DS as a collection piece.

I think the FTBs are nice and I would've definitely doubled up if I was able to get them for retail. Right now I just think that they will come down some more. They have already gone down a significant amount since April or May of this year. What I don't like about them is the way the date on the heel and the XX on the tongue is applied. People have complained that they come off. I wish they were sewn on and that's one of the reasons I don't want to pay over $700-800 for them. I do understand the meaning or value since it was the pair Kobe used on his last game and he scored a record 60 points for the last NBA game.
I lucked out with 2 pairs at retail and un-DSed one of them the same day. Sold the other one to fund a couple other things. I've seen a few pairs in the $500-600 range depending on size, but I don't know if they'd drop any more than that.

Do you know if the product has to be in store for you to receive the in store discount? I ask because I think the FTL's in my area do not have the Parkers in but they would be able to order them in.

Nice to hear that some people aren't willing to pay resell for the FTBs. I thought I was alone in not wanting to pay $700-800 for them. I like them and I will scoop them up for around the $300-400 price. I feel like I can always get them later on down the line because it seems like most people will be keeping them DS as a collector piece. For $800, I would rather send out my Eulogys and Mamba Day EM ID for Kobe to sign through Panini. I think a member got a pair of FTBs signed (dope) for $400 through Panini.

Do you know if the product has to be in store for you to receive the in store discount? I ask because I think the FTL's in my area do not have the Parkers in but they would be able to order them in.
In the SF Bay Area, the product doesn't have to be in store but they do have to verify that another FL is selling them for that price. Not sure where your location is and if they do interstate price matching but just in case, you can mention that the FL on Mission St. in SF, CA has the Parkers for $119. I was there last week and they didn't have my size but then I realized that I already doubled up in them so I decided not to place an order for $119 for my size. Your local FL can call them and confirm the price.

I'd give it a shot the ftl I found the avars at didn't have my size but they ordered them for me then I checked out another and found the parkers

Wow that's a great price! My pair with taxes was almost $250! Smh I gotta stop buying on RD and wait it out.
It's alright bro, but there arent many sizes left, broken sizes infact - 

this is my 2nd kobe on my rotation, first was my mamba moments 9

Back
Top Bottom