OFFICIAL KYRIE FLYTRAP THREAD

686E5F99-D468-470C-BB28-7278D2021D12.jpeg
110028F5-672F-4FA0-8B7A-B6FAED4B1DF6.jpeg
6862C38B-D36F-44A8-8AFA-6BC6739D0ECA.jpeg
DD90E30B-6601-4E51-978D-EBA34D085028.jpeg

What they did with the toy storys was bad.
Showed us a dope sneaker that we cant cop since theyre not releasin, im still mad about that

Got mine in from Eastbay. With the coupon code available at the time, I decided to pull the trigger, came out to $71 and some change.

These are cool in person, but I must say these run kind of long. I have flat feet/wide arch so I usually stay TTS with my hoop shoes but I do wish I went .5 down. I'll hoop in them on Sunday, if I have a so-so experience with them, I'll just make them my new training shoe.

UPDATE:

I didn't feel like returning them and wait for another size to come in.

So I put a Presto insole in these (on top of the stock insole), I know it'll alter the review a little bit...but...due to the fact, it definitely made me like the shoe play wise.

Hooped in these today. Played 5 pickup games in them. Court I play on usually clean but was a little dusty this week. These collected some dust, but traction was still solid. Some good rubber compound they used on these. Just wipe and you're good. I always keep a micro fiber towel in my gym bag and wipe between games.

I'm always looking for good cushioning, due to tendonitis in both knees, I feel like if I didn't add the insole I'd be aching pretty bad. Despite the minimal cushioning setup, my knee's and back weren't fatigued from these. So that's a win in my book. Can't feel the zoom, most likely a hex pod. And the heel is pretty dense, like think pg1/2 but a little firmer which worked for me.

Fit, seriously, everyone should half size down. Lockdown was actually pretty good, I rolled an ankle last week, but these did the job securing my feet pretty well which I didn't expect.

Sorry for the minimal detail, but I can say is that these do the job, with the added insole of course.

Last edited:
Hooped in these for the first time today as eastbay shipping kept delaying for some reason via UPS. Got them for 66 bucks after the 20% off code.

Anyways here’s a small review

Comfort:
Surprisingly very comfortable! Honestly some of the lightest shoes I’ve hooped in in a while, and possibly ever. Played for about 2 hours and after taking them off my feet feel the same as when I put them on. No pain or tenderness anywhere. The only flaw was the ankle/Achilles area needed to be broken in a little but after the first pickup game, it wasn’t noticeable.

Fit:
These run pretty long like the first guy said. Im not sure if they are supposed to be like this but the lockdown was good enough there was no sliding or anything so it wasn’t a big deal. I think sizing down could make them a little too tight and snug so I think these are supposed to be TTS. Especially for ppl that use elite socks or double socks.

Looks:
These look sweet! Nobody can believe they were under 70 dollars. IMO these are one of the best looking sneakers out right now. I am waiting for a white pair to come out and I’ll wear one white and one black. And together I’ll have two pairs for basically the price of any other basketball shoe lol.

Overall:
For the price these can’t be beat. I would take these over most every shoe out there right now as nothing has been too impressive lately.

Hooped in these for the first time today as eastbay shipping kept delaying for some reason via UPS. Got them for 66 bucks after the 20% off code.

Anyways here’s a small review

Comfort:
Surprisingly very comfortable! Honestly some of the lightest shoes I’ve hooped in in a while, and possibly ever. Played for about 2 hours and after taking them off my feet feel the same as when I put them on. No pain or tenderness anywhere. The only flaw was the ankle/Achilles area needed to be broken in a little but after the first pickup game, it wasn’t noticeable.

Fit:
These run pretty long like the first guy said. Im not sure if they are supposed to be like this but the lockdown was good enough there was no sliding or anything so it wasn’t a big deal. I think sizing down could make them a little too tight and snug so I think these are supposed to be TTS. Especially for ppl that use elite socks or double socks.

Looks:
These look sweet! Nobody can believe they were under 70 dollars. IMO these are one of the best looking sneakers out right now. I am waiting for a white pair to come out and I’ll wear one white and one black. And together I’ll have two pairs for basically the price of any other basketball shoe lol.

Overall:
For the price these can’t be beat. I would take these over most every shoe out there right now as nothing has been too impressive lately.

What about traction.
What’s your opinion/view on it, especially compared to the 4 & even the 3?

What about traction.
What’s your opinion/view on it, especially compared to the 4 & even the 3?

Traction is good from what I can tell. I played a 40 min game today and had no issues whatsoever.

Even though they seem slightly big, my feet stayed locked in and there was no sliding from the outside.

The crazy thing about these shoes is they feel better every time I put them on.

I really like the one sided tongue. Really locks in your feet

Got mine in from Eastbay. With the coupon code available at the time, I decided to pull the trigger, came out to $71 and some change.

These are cool in person, but I must say these run kind of long. I have flat feet/wide arch so I usually stay TTS with my hoop shoes but I do wish I went .5 down. I'll hoop in them on Sunday, if I have a so-so experience with them, I'll just make them my new training shoe.

UPDATE:

I didn't feel like returning them and wait for another size to come in.

So I put a Presto insole in these (on top of the stock insole), I know it'll alter the review a little bit...but...due to the fact, it definitely made me like the shoe play wise.

Hooped in these today. Played 5 pickup games in them. Court I play on usually clean but was a little dusty this week. These collected some dust, but traction was still solid. Some good rubber compound they used on these. Just wipe and you're good. I always keep a micro fiber towel in my gym bag and wipe between games.

I'm always looking for good cushioning, due to tendonitis in both knees, I feel like if I didn't add the insole I'd be aching pretty bad. Despite the minimal cushioning setup, my knee's and back weren't fatigued from these. So that's a win in my book. Can't feel the zoom, most likely a hex pod. And the heel is pretty dense, like think pg1/2 but a little firmer which worked for me.

Fit, seriously, everyone should half size down. Lockdown was actually pretty good, I rolled an ankle last week, but these did the job securing my feet pretty well which I didn't expect.

Sorry for the minimal detail, but I can say is that these do the job, with the added insole of course.
dang you went through alot with these shoes... hope your ankle heals well thanks for the review

Finally had a chance to play in the Kyrie Flytrap After buying size 9.5 it's definitely recommended going half size down
These were just too long in size 9.5 for me because of the material is just so thin.
Because there is no padding on the upper it was too was half size big.
After returning the 9.5 and re-purchasing the size 9 Definitely fits wayyyyy better and nice.
HONEST REVIEW
Kyrie Flytrap is by far better then Kyrie 4 in my opinion. Better traction, better fit
So far I've been only wearing Kyrie shoes because i love the responsiveness and no delay on the lateral movements
if i was to rank each model it would be
1. Kyrie 1 (Only on mildly dusty Court or clean courts)
Best cushion it's like Kyrie 4 set up but the full length herringbone, and very comfortable upper
2. Kyrie Flytrap (Fairly mildly dusty court)
Cushioning like Kyrie 4 but upper is like Hyperrev 1st Gen
3. Kyrie 3 (Any court condition BEAST)
Just Pure curvature with natural motion fits amazing and lock down even without a strap like kyrie 2
4. Kyrie 2 (Any Court Condition)
Love the curvature on the outsole and the Strap for Extra Lock Down
5. Kyrie 4 (Only REAL CLEAN COURTS)
I love the cushioning on the 4's but just way too restrictive on the ankle area with all the padding. Kyrie 1

Not sure on language so safe to say watch muted. But decent look at that pair above with the Boston outsole.

Any updates on release dates of any other colour ways?
I’m still just with first release and know nothing about any more.
Do you guys in the US still just have the black & white?

Back
Top Bottom