--Game 1 - POR
--Game 2 - LAL
--Game 3- POR
--Game 4 - POR
--Game 5 - LAL
--Game 6 - POR by 18

--Portland wins series 4-2

Phil Jackson
"It's the product of having played a ton of games and being at a championship level for two years and knowing really what the goal is that second season and there's some subliminal part of them that's just still giving in to, 'We have to save it for the best, which is later on, and go from there,'" Jackson said. "At their age, it's understandable."
Kobe Bryant
"Last year we didn't know what the hell was going on," Bryant said. "We had a lot of injuries. My knee needed to be operated on. There were a lot of question marks. Here, we don't really have any question marks. … You don't really see anybody here feeling like there's doom and gloom because these are problems that can be corrected and will be corrected.

"Everybody wants to put the nail in the coffin. We've been there before. So, it doesn't bother us."

Steve Blake out indefinitely with the chicken pox and Matt Barnes is questionable for tonight because of soreness in the knee he had surgery on.

hopefully a win tonight i thought we would beat OKC but now we MUST beat SA not only to show our true colors but to get that #2 seed
with that said spurs prolly win
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by vtotheinay

Steve Blake out indefinitely with the chicken pox and Matt Barnes is questionable for tonight because of soreness in the knee he had surgery on.
damn we need barnes tonight.

Steve better keep that chicken pox virus out of that locker room. Can't afford to have any teammates catch that stuff before the playoffs.

Imagine Kobe gets shingles before round 2

sick.gif
sick.gif

I would have liked to see Phil put Odom at the 1 tonight to see how that would work
i guess we're going to play that new guy though

CP, ARE you Kobe Bryant?

It would make sense.

Huge game tonight, class is over @ 745 though and won't get home till 8.
30t6p3b.gif

No, I just do my homework. 

People tend to have short memories or something season to season, I don't. 

Originally Posted by CP1708

Phil Jackson
"It's the product of having played a ton of games and being at a championship level for two years and knowing really what the goal is that second season and there's some subliminal part of them that's just still giving in to, 'We have to save it for the best, which is later on, and go from there,'" Jackson said. "At their age, it's understandable."
Kobe Bryant
"Last year we didn't know what the hell was going on," Bryant said. "We had a lot of injuries. My knee needed to be operated on. There were a lot of question marks. Here, we don't really have any question marks. … You don't really see anybody here feeling like there's doom and gloom because these are problems that can be corrected and will be corrected.

"Everybody wants to put the nail in the coffin. We've been there before. So, it doesn't bother us."

pimp.gif

No worries here..

Phil Jackson

"We have a whole lot of things we do in the playoffs that we don't even do in the regular season," said Jackson.

One of them, presumably, is not turning the ball over, but another is upping the minutes of his stars to maximize the impact of the Lakers' four high-caliber performers and limit the exposure of a struggling second unit.

"I play these guys 40 minutes in the playoffs," said Jackson, "because we have two-minute timeouts, more rest, we have a whole different set-up going on, whereas [regular-season] games click off pretty fast. There's not an amount of rest period for these guys that they can play the heavy minutes you can in the playoffs."

Sounds familiar. 

Back
Top Bottom