OFFICIAL LAKERS @ HEAT 2/10/08 12:30PM PST on ABC

i am sorry but whoever says the lakers are the team to beat is on crack. the defense is horrible. maybe in 2 years the lakers will be the favorites due to shaqand nash retiring and duncan and the spurs getting older but not this year and i dont think next year either...

the best thing the lakers have for them is that this whole squad is young still.

Did Jordan ever get that?
tongue.gif

no, but he does have 5 MVP trophies...i'm sure he doesn't care much about chants...
tongue.gif

marion still putting up good numbers, guy is soo good. i hope he demands a trade to the warriors or something.

this was a big game for the lakers...5th now with a spurs loss right?

Nice win by the Lakers. It got a little close at the end there but we did a good job of staying composed and pulling it out.

Good win for the Lakeshow... Only problems were the final minutes of the game where they threw the ball away.

Originally Posted by Ghettokrnxxx

someone fill me in MVP

are they talking about kobe?

yea. every road game in the end, if the lakers win and kobe goes to the line at the end, they will chant mvp. they do this EVERYWHERE. people say its thelakers fans but there cant possibly be that many laker fans on the road. i think its fans in general showing respect to one the best to ever do it.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by NobleKane

i am sorry but whoever says the lakers are the team to beat is on crack. the defense is horrible. maybe in 2 years the lakers will be the favorites due to shaq and nash retiring and duncan and the spurs getting older but not this year and i dont think next year either...

the best thing the lakers have for them is that this whole squad is young still.

are you a Lakers fan?
indifferent.gif

Kobe with a very quiet 33, I wish he woulda put Wade's head through the rim on that dunk though
laugh.gif
Odom was BIG on the boards today, he seems to be moreconfortable now that he isn't the 2nd option. White Mamba was big in the 1st half, Kobe needs to teach these guys how to play D, cause Phil doesn't doanything but sit on his butt nowadays.

i am sorry but whoever says the lakers are the team to beat is on crack. the defense is horrible.
grin.gif
you can say that about almost EVERY team in the league withthe exception of the spurs, they're probably the ONLY team that you can say is really defensive minded as a whole

Originally Posted by knightngale

i agree that the lakers defense is lacking but 2 of our best defenders are out

true. but with the lineup we have we can definitely make it out of the 1st round

They need to get Pau Gasol alot more involved, he looks like Mark Madsen when he used to bang for the Lakers.

Of course the defense is horrible right now. We don't have our big 7'1 defensive anchor down low and one of our best perimeter defenders in Ariza. Oncewe get those guys back it will improve.

Originally Posted by 8tothe24

Originally Posted by BullsRepeat3Peat

No! It's an entire season - WORST IN THE NBA!

ya but you can't blame the whole season on Wade....

roll.gif

What! All of a sudden it isn't Wade's team and he isn't responsible! Typical Laker hater
laugh.gif
!

Still angry you didn't get Pau huh? Blame your GM not the Lakers!

Wow, smh
indifferent.gif
. If you're laker fan (hopefully not,i'm assuming you're just a Kobe rider from your username), you're a disgrace.

People keep putting 100% blame on Wade since he is the lone superstar in Miami and they're struggling, but the supporting cast around dwhistle plain sucks.And I'm not even a fan of the Wade, but you need to give him some credit, at least he's playing hard in a lost cause season.

Originally Posted by Kobe4MVP12

Of course the defense is horrible right now. We don't have our big 7'1 defensive anchor down low and one of our best perimeter defenders in Ariza. Once we get those guys back it will improve.
I feel you on that but what nobel is saying is true.

Lamar lets a lot of people blow by him, I have seen kobe give up on d sometimes, Vlad don't get me started, fisher has problems with fast guards and gasolis just to light.

I think the 2nd unit plays better d then the first unit at time. They better imrpove or its a second round exit.

Gasol is heavily involved, but he had to sit down since he wasn't real aggressive defensively or stopping the offensive rebounding.

They go to him, but he's got to play some D and hold the middle down a little better. When Bynum gets back he can play like he has been just a help sidedefender.

Good win today, need tomorrows and Wednesdays.

I forgot to mention, great win by the Lakeshow.

Kobe was efficient and played a great all-around game. LO hitting the boards
pimp.gif
and the machine was nice as well.

33-17!

Lamar was great today. I think getting Pau was great for him since now he doesn't have as much pressure.

we need to close out the road trip strong so I'm expecting them to win the next 2 against Charlotte and Minnesota.

I'm not hating on Wade, but ya'll are a little too sensitive, there have been other lone "superstars" on teams, but in recent memory Ican't think of one THIS bad. I mean A.I. on the Sixers at the end of his tenure, KG on the T'Wolves, and even Kobe at least before the last two yearswho have carried squads (in Kobe's case at least to the playoffs) and their respective teams haven't been the WORST team in the NBA 9-40 ininexcusable. I'm not putting the blame 100% on Wade, but he's done it before, single-handedly winning games for the Heat and if you are a truesuperstar you should be able to lead your team to more than 1 win in their last 23 games. I mean look at what LeBron is doing with similar talent in Clevelandnow that everyone's injured, Wade should take some heat (no pun intended) for the travesty that is the Miami Heat right now.

Back
Top Bottom