Official Le$ (Steak x Shrimp) Thread

:nthat:

Is it out on Livemixtapes?? i seen on IG he said its dropping at 6pm...Send that link bro

Is it out on Livemixtapes?? i seen on IG he said its dropping at 6pm...Send that link bro

It comes out at 6 on livenixtapes. I bought the hard copy package, so he sent the early download link with a one time use password…

Last edited:
I like it.

He set the tracks up in gears. Each one contains about 3-4 songs. 1st gear has a more experimental sound to it. Gears 2-5 are sonically similar to Gran Turismo & Dreamcast, so you may not feel it.

What do you rate this 1-10

Compared to his entire catalog where does this sit?

What do you rate this 1-10

Compared to his entire catalog where does this sit?

I'd rate it at a 7. Mostly because the tracks are bunched together. Hopefully the version he puts on livemixtapes is individual tracks.

I'd have to give it a few more listen before ranking it.

I like when he raps over the smooth/laid back beats, but hopefully his next project has a sound more like the Steak & Shrimp tapes.

On the coo this *** is jammin but will go under the radar because of the track layout

This is one of his best tapes to date. 100% les

The beats are coo but not would i expect but MAYNE he did his thang.

Last edited:
Finally got a chance to run Techno Violet all the way through in the car.

Maaaaan.....this is probably my favorite LE$ tape yet.  I like him over these types of beats much more than the "trappy" stuff (although that's good, too).  

Love the car references/theme throughout it, too.  I feel like dude is finally coming into his own and is comfortable with who he is as an artist.  The BHO days were cool, but it seems like he was trying too hard to be something he wasn't.  I don't know the dude personally, but this tape feels like it gives you a true glimpse into who Le$ is.  Doesn't feel contrived or like he's trying to fit a certain mold or be a ____ type of rapper.  Love it.  

And still, so many people are sleeping on this dude....

The fast & the furious references all around :lol:

2nd & 3rd gear >>>
I'll take this back and throw in 4th gear in there too

That second song on 4th is soo smooth 8)

'Nighttime, redline, dark clouds, downpour

Smelling like OG and a lil Tom Ford' 8)

Le$ never disappoints :pimp: love this tape, the whole setup/theme. Will give it more listens, but right off 1st & 4th Gear are :smokin Been listening to Le$ for awhile now and I can't think of any songs at all that I immediately skip from him

Finally he left jet life. Got tired of all those trash features.

It was ajtual agrement when he left boss hogg. Dont know about jet life. It does seem like le$ likes to talk real slick tho.

:lol: Guess he got tired of people asking questions and finally just addressed it. Only cats left on Jetlife is Cornboy and TY, Roddy been gone too.

Always been against rappers singing to other rappers, but i thought him and Spitta would have worked. They should have linked way before they officially did. Le$ a cool dude, makes good music and works hard. He got Rogers in his corner still, he'll be aight.

Lol what trash features

Dont play wit me.

:lol: Guess he got tired of people asking questions and finally just addressed it. Only cats left on Jetlife is Cornboy and TY, Roddy been gone too.

Always been against rappers singing to other rappers, but i thought him and Spitta would have worked. They should have linked way before they officially did. Le$ a cool dude, makes good music and works hard. He got Rogers in his corner still, he'll be aight.

What did he say?

Damn, I didn't see the exit from JLR coming.

Oh well. As long as dude stays in his lane he's gonna be good. And staying in his lane is something he does well, so it's whatever.

Back
Top Bottom