Official LEBRON 2010 Thread (The Decision: MIAMI HEAT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by dland24

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

While I believe Chicago is like probably the 6th option for Lebron I dont fall for the "MJ shadow" reasoning. Because I'm sure Shaq wasnt thinking about being in Kareem's shadow and look what he did to the Laker franchise. No one thinks of him as Kareem #2. He's SHAQ.

Kareem isnt the best player to ever play the game.  

He didn't say Kareem was the best player ever, he saying that Kareem was the best to wear a laker uniform.

Originally Posted by black chiney

Originally Posted by therealjondoe

315yi5u.jpg

get ready...
pimp.gif
 The more I think about it, the more I see it happening

You guys cmon, there is 0% chance of him going to the Bulls. You can tell he's toned down his egocentric personality a bit from last couple years because he knows he's not winning.

It's hard to live up to Michael Jordan, who not only was the greatest to ever do it, but was also had the tools to be the social icon that cemented him as one of the most influential people in history. Everything he did was cool, all the while wholesome, charismatic, and undeniably proved to the people that he was a winner, which I think is clear LeBron doesn't have, and there's not much he can really do about it. Whenever he talks in an interview, he won't weird out some of the audience like Kobe and his awkward social skills, but he also can't capture the hearts of everybody with his aura like MJ can. He is the ultimate.

LeBron is a little bit more stuck up obviously, but you're talking about the constant pressure he set himself up to, going out and telling the world publically he wants to be a billionaire and being the high status person that he is, there are a number of people that are blessed with the opportunity to become wealthy millionaires, multi-millionaires, etc.. but the percentages of becoming a world, global icon is even smaller. I personally don't think he is it now, but he has the small, tiniest possiblity of becoming that, and I think he knows that. He has the opportunity to not just be the greatest basketball player in the league or even the world, but something bigger. Shaq who is renowned for being the greatest of the decade deferred to him, legends and greats of the game have fully supported the fact that he is more than capable of being one of the greatest, important people who are not associated with basketball acknowledge him, his statistics are something that the NBA has ever seen before, and he's in his prime. In order to achieve his amazingly high dreams and aspirations, he has to prove that he is the person that he puts himself up to be to the world. And the only way someone with that sureness of themselves will be validated in this world today filled with critics and media is that he has to become known undoubtedly as a winner. He has to win, win, and keep on winning.

If LeBron James #6 Chicago Bull does not win championships in Chicago, his legacy is ruined. Sure he will be one of the greatest to ever do it, but as a Bull, and never a winner. And even if he does win in Chicago, it wouldn't be the same as winning in a Cleveland uniform that he built from day one or a Knick uniform which holds so much meaning to the basketball world, in the most famous basketball arena in the world.

LeBron won't go the Bulls. Hell no he won't go the Mavericks. He won't go to New Jersey.

He will be a New York Knick or a Cleveland Cavalier. If he is rocking a different uniform other than those two, I will throw a baseball at my neighbor's face.

He's going to the CHI unless NY can somehow work out a sign and trade to get Bosh, cause CB4 isn't leaving that extra 30 mil on the table. And to me sign-trade with Bulls > sign-trade with Knicks. Trade Deng and Hinrich for Bosh, Bron signs and they can STILL go after Joe Johnson/Ray Allen/Boozer/or even Dirk if he opts out.

Rose
Joe
Bron
PF
Noah

or
Rose
SG
Bron
Bosh
Noah

or
Rose
Ray
Bron
PF
Noah

or
Rose
SG
Bron
Dirk
Noah

or
Rose
SG
Bron
Boozer
Noah
those potentials if Chicago can pull everything off are 1000000x better than anything the NYK can offer him. That team would be in the Finals NEXT year.

if bron land wit my bulls, it automatically puts them on the top of the east

bulls vs lakers nba finals would bring back alot of memories

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

What are LeBron's chances of coming to the Rockets..............the team from the past few years was essentially dismantled.

none I dont think you guys even have the cap room

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

He's going to the CHI unless NY can somehow work out a sign and trade to get Bosh, cause CB4 isn't leaving that extra 30 mil on the table. And to me sign-trade with Bulls > sign-trade with Knicks. Trade Deng and Hinrich for Bosh, Bron signs and they can STILL go after Joe Johnson/Ray Allen/Boozer/or even Dirk if he opts out.

Rose
Joe
Bron
PF
Noah

or
Rose
SG
Bron
Bosh
Noah

or
Rose
Ray
Bron
PF
Noah

or
Rose
SG
Bron
Dirk
Noah

or
Rose
SG
Bron
Boozer
Noah
those potentials if Chicago can pull everything off are 1000000x better than anything the NYK can offer him. That team would be in the Finals NEXT year.
I have to stay out of this thread. I just have to. 

Wade would be an idiot not to play with Lebron, dead serious. Get your money team up with he best player and win. Ill be highly disappointed and confused if it doesnt happen.

Originally Posted by GrizztheBoss

While I believe Chicago is like probably the 6th option for Lebron I dont fall for the "MJ shadow" reasoning. Because I'm sure Shaq wasnt thinking about being in Kareem's shadow and look what he did to the Laker franchise. No one thinks of him as Kareem #2. He's SHAQ.

He didn't say Kareem was the best player ever, he saying that Kareem was the best to wear a laker uniform.

Dude, you obviously missed the point.  I know he didnt say Kareem was the best ever, but Michael Jordan IS.  Thats the part of his post that makes his argument completely flawed because the comparison isnt valid.  Shaq didnt go to a place where the greatest of all time played, which is where LeBron would be going if he goes to Chicago.

Why would someone who WANTS to be the best ever, willingly choose to play in the same city as the guy who WAS the best ever?  

Originally Posted by GrizztheBoss

Dude, you obviously missed the point.  I know he didnt say Kareem was the best ever, but Michael Jordan IS.  Thats the part of his post that makes his argument completely flawed because the comparison isnt valid.  Shaq didnt go to a place where the greatest of all time played, which is where LeBron would be going if he goes to Chicago.

Why would someone who WANTS to be the best ever, willingly choose to play in the same city as the guy who WAS the best ever?  

Thing is it doesn't matter. WHEREVER Bron goes, he's going to be compared or in 'MJ's shadow'. Hell, KB has 4 titles and is in LA, yet is STILL in MJ's shadow. Bron SAYS he wants to win and as of right now, the Bulls would give him a better chance than the Knicks.

I found it funny that on Sportcenter, I think Broussard said all of these guys are going to gather together and decide who joins up with who, that's kinda crazy. Bron, Wade, Bosh, Amare, Joe forming these tag teams/trios in hopes of winning their 1st or in Wade's case next NBA title. It's unprecedented.

And nobody hates the Knicks, they've been irrelevant and a joke for the past decade. If you guys took the blinders off you would see that the Bulls have a better situation to offer 2 max free agents if they can move Deng than the Knicks do.

The thing is, if he goes to Chicago, they're going to CONSTANTLY compare him to MJ nonstop (at least more than they do now). They're going to randomly bring up Jordan before, after, and during a game. Every chance they get, it's going to be Jordan this, Jordan that. It will just be annoying.

First, lets be real. Its going to be real hard for anyone to accept a sign & trade with Chicago for Hinrich (nearly $20 Million for two years) and Deng (near Max Money for the next 4 years). Hinrich is a bench player and 5th option at best, and Deng is a 3rd option with a max deal.

With their current cap situation ($25 million under), if Lebron signs they only got about $7-9 million to sign someone decent.

If Lebron really cared about winning championships and building his legacy, he should sign with Oklahoma City. Yeah, I'm serious they are $15 million under the cap and they got guys that teams are willing to take for a sign and trade (Harden, Maynor, Mullens, Collison).

The LeBron James Power Rankings

The Summer of LeBron launched quite a few weeks earlier than expected with Cleveland's elimination in the Eastern Conference Semifinals.

Teams 30 to nine are listed almost strictly for entertainment purposes, but here are the LeBron James Power Rankings, examining where he might end up signing this summer.

The Untouchables

30. Jazz: The Jazz are over the cap without even accounting for Carlos Boozer, plus it might be the market LeBron is likely to find least appealing.

29. Pistons: It is somewhat ironic that the Pistons were once mentioned as a possible landing spot for LeBron James or Chris Bosh, because they practically are a mathematical impossibility now. Detroit dove into a wormhole and into the future by electing to have cap space in the 'illustrious' free agent class of 2009 and scored Ben Gordon and Charlie Villanueva, ending their playoff streak at eight.

28. Pacers: Indiana is in a similar situation as the 02-03 Cavaliers, except they're a longer shot to win the lottery to draft John Wall as their franchise savior. They also have over $60M in committed salary for the 10-11 season and no appealing sign-and-trade candidates except for Danny Granger.

27. Raptors: Not happening unless the Cavaliers are willing to take back Hedo Turkoglu and Jose Calderon.

26. Bobcats: Stephen Jackson very nearly became LeBron's teammate in Cleveland, so could it happen under Michael Jordan's ownership? The Bobcats don't have the cap space and would need to use Tyson Chandler's expiring contract.

25. Bucks: Scott Skiles and company gave the Hawks a surprisingly difficult seven-game series in the first round, but they do not have cap space and are also a small market club. The Bucks, similar to the team ranked first here, have an excellent point guard/big man core in Brandon Jennings and Andrew Bogut.

24. Grizzlies: Memphis had a surprisingly successful season, plus enough pieces to be competitive with big men like Zach Randolph and Marc Gasol, in addition to a second iso scorer in O.J. Mayo. They could potentially get a deal together given their cap situation and Rudy Gay, but it is a difficult scenario to imagine having even the slimmest possibility of actually happening.

23. Celtics: Normally, a classic franchise like Boston wouldn't be dismissed so easily in a situation this unique, similar to how they acquired Kevin Garnett, but there aren't enough young pieces beyond Rajon Rondo to be appealing at all for a player at LeBron's stage of his career to hitch to for the long haul. To be fair, the fact that they eliminated the Cavaliers from the postseason makes it even a bigger stretch.

22. Nuggets: The Nuggets are in cap hell and would need the Cavaliers to be desperate enough to take back Kenyon Martin's expiring contract, plus Ty Lawson and another asset or two to make something happen.

For the sake of dreaming, combining Carmelo Anthony and LeBron on the wings, with a big like Nene and another season or two of Chauncey Billups sounds like a team that would win immediately and win multiples.

The Impossibles

21. Hawks: I kept saying this season that if we mythically traded Joe Johnson for LeBron James, the Hawks would have an excellent chance of winning the title given the quality of bigs like Al Horford and Josh Smith, along with vets like Mike Bibby and Jamal Crawford.

Cleveland and Atlanta would actually have to do a sign-and-trade of these two players for LeBron to end up with the Hawks.

20. 76ers: The Sixers are well over the cap and would need to consolidate a few of their overlapping pieces to build a competitive team around LeBron.

19. Spurs: It would be difficult to find a coach/GM combo to trust more than Gregg Popovich and RC Buford, but the Spurs are ever the cap and realistically don't have any pieces that could be converted into a sign-and-trade unless it was Tony Parker.

18. Wizards: The Wizards will have plenty of cap space to sign LeBron and a second asset or two, plus they have cheap young bigs in Andray Blatche and JaVale McGee, along with whatever is left of Gilbert Arenas.

17. Wolves: David Kahn has the cap space to sign LeBron outright, plus he has a ton of assets in Al Jefferson, Kevin Love, Ricky Rubio, Jonny Flynn, Ramon Sessions and their high lottery pick. Minnesota would have to do some rearranging of deck chairs, but it is a place where he could have a good chance of winning long-term if he didn't have any objections to the market.

16. Suns: A great NBA market, plus a few more seasons of Steve Nash and Grant Hill as elder statesmen, a scoring big in Amare Stoudemire and another athletic wing in Jason Richardson, but a frugal owner undoubtedly would scare off LeBron.

15. Warriors: Even though Golden State did win a title in 74-75, they have been one of the most tortured franchises in the NBA ever since. Everyone knows how much a title would mean to this fan base by witnessing the Dallas upset in the first round of the 2007 Playoffs, plus the Warriors could have a billionaire owner in Larry Ellison within a few months and enough leftover assets to put together an attractive sign-and-trade for Cleveland to find acceptable. A nucleus of LeBron, Stephen Curry and Anthony Randolph has clear question marks, but could be a perfect enough blend of talent to be devastating.

14. Blazers: You have the Nike factor, the motivated billionaire factor, plus enough leftover assets to make a sign-and-trade a feasible scenario. If Greg Oden had just played a completely healthy and dominant season, this could have been a possibility worth contemplating, but not at this stage.

13. Hornets: New Orleans got a taste of winning this year with the Saints' Super Bowl, but they certainly still deserve a whole lot more. Plus, Chris Paul is one of the best five or six players in the game and would be a scary player to combine with LeBron and is one of the few players that could enhance him on the offensive end of the floor. The Hornets are over the cap, so they would have to send back the expiring contract of Peja Stojakovic and probably Darren Collison and Marcus Thornton to make it happen.

12. Kings: Sacramento has the cap space, an iso stud in Tyreke Evans, plus several effective bigs in Carl Landry, Jason Thompson and Spencer Hawes. If they played somewhere else it would be more plausible, but if the market was too small for Chris Webber..

11. Rockets: Similar to the Blazers with Oden, if Yao Ming was coming off a healthy and productive season, then the Rockets would be in the conversation. They have a really nice collection of role players that have higher upsides than he's had with Cleveland, plus it's a great market and has no state income tax. The Rockets have a great winning tradition, but it isn't an overwhelming one like the Lakers, Celtics or Bulls.

The Improbables

10. Magic: Teaming two physical freaks like LeBron and Dwight Howard would almost surely result in titles in each of the next five or six seasons. The formula of a dominant big and the game's best wing is one that simply works every single time throughout NBA history. The Magic are so devoid of assets that the Cavaliers would realistically accept in return, however, that it is almost completely implausible.

9. Clippers: I considered the Clippers were a semi-legitimate candidate for LeBron until this season when I finally covered one of their home games. A proven Blake Griffin to go with Chris Kaman, Eric Gordon and Baron Davis would have caused LeBron to give it more than just a quick dismissal, but if you've ever been to a Clippers a game, you would know why they are deservingly in The Improbables section,

The Not Beyond The Realm Of Possibilites

8. Mavericks: The shrewdness of Mark Cuban's foresight to have that incredibly valuable Erick Dampier non-guaranteed contract should be taught in every class of NBA GM 101, but I don't think playing with his buddy Jason Kidd, Dirk Nowitzki, Caron Butler, a re-signed Brendan Haywood will be enough. The lure of playing half a dozen games per season in Cowboys Stadium will be enticing, but it is difficult to realistically see it happen.

7. Thunder: Joining Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook, Serge Ibaka and a whole host of other quality role players would be a no brainer for the under the cap Thunder if they played in just about any other city in the NBA. For the sake of argument, if the Thunder were still the Sonics and still playing in Seattle with this situation, don't you think they would be a legitimate LeBron contender?

If LeBron cared about only winning titles, wouldn't he have to go to the Thunder? I think the only thing that would give him pause (under the assumption he doesn't care about the market) is the unproven history of their ownership. But realistically, I think having LeBron, Durant and Westbrook falls under the special circumstances of spending every dime it takes.

6. Heat: The culture would change if LeBron was suddenly inserted there, but Miami's inability to sell out every night with a player of Dwyane Wade's caliber speaks volumes about Miami as a sports town. He can join Wade, however, free and clear, but there isn't a whole lot else there, as Michael Beasley hasn't come close to meeting his second overall pick expectations. Pat Riley is one of two or three coaches in the NBA who has proven championship success in multiple locales and you know he'd come down from the front office if LeBron comes down from Akron.

5. Nets: New Jersey has been taken off the board by a lot of smart, connected people, but I don't see how they aren't in the picture if they win the lottery and therefore have John Wall? He will be in Brooklyn within a couple of years and the combination of Wall and Brook Lopez arguably has as much upside as the point guard/big man from the top ranked team.

4. Lakers: The Lakers have all the necessary ingredients to be a legitimate contender for LeBron; immediate success assured, a youngish second star to grow old with in Pau Gasol, a Hall of Fame coach, a huge market, the best stage in the NBA right now, a proven championship pedigree over several generations. Andrew Bynum undoubtedly would be the return for Cleveland, an excellent bailout plan for the Cavaliers to build around.

The Genuine Candidates

3. Cavaliers: The Cavaliers have the inertia and home state factor, which absolutely counts for a lot in this decision. LeBron must also surely trust Dan Gilbert's unwavering dedication to spending money by the truckload to bring in any player that could conceivably help their chances, but their core has proven to be underwhelming and is also aging.

Cleveland had a chance to have cap room for this coming summer, but went all in with the double-down strategy and it is difficult to see how they can get more than just incrementally better from year to year.

We all know it doesn't work this way, but if LeBron could be simply handed titles over the next half decade and he was also given his choice of where he would do it, I sincerely believe it would be in Cleveland.

2. Knicks: Answering the same question, I believe New York would be LeBron's first preference after Cleveland; his obsession with the energy and culture of New York is palpable and is unlike anything we've witnessed from a star of his magnitude.

He knows the Knicks will spend as much as possible and give him every accommodation in the world, plus he will conceivably bring along Bosh or Wade, but how much trust does he have in Danilo Gallinari, Wilson Chandler, Toney Douglas and whatever they can get back for Eddy Curry's expiring contract? Conceivably, that would eventually be enough for the Knicks to win a title(s), but LeBron fully knows now that there are no guarantees. The second superstar makes all the world of difference compared to the last two seasons with the Cavaliers, but it could still not be enough firepower, depending on how other teams evolve.

1. Bulls: The nucleus of Derrick Rose and Joakim Noah seems tailor-made for a superstar wing and Chicago also has Luol Deng as a fourth option, or even Bosh or Wade if they do a sign-and-trade using Deng. Add in Kirk Hinrich and Taj Gibson and the spectra of MJ's statue becomes less of an issue than it seemed a few months ago because LeBron would have the cleanest path to a title in Chicago.

If John Calipari is hired, LeBron and Rose will be able to run Vance Walberg's dribble-drive offense like it is on steroids and you won't see the kind of offensive inconsistency we saw against Boston. It will be an endless loop of dribble penetration of two unstoppable athletes and an endless loop of championships.

The Conclusion

Not to take away from the incredible upset of the Celtics, but I do wish the 09-10 season would have ended in a different was for the Cavaliers.

LeBron should have two primary takeaways from what ended up happening.

1. For how excellent of a ballplayer he unimpeachably is, he is also an incomplete ballpalyer. He needs to develop a post game and he also must improve his mid-range jumper. If he had even one of those capacities, he would be nearly unstoppable offensively and wouldn't be prone to the inconsistencies we saw against Boston.

2. He can't get too cute with his decision this summer. If I were him, or simply advising him, I'd be very selfish with this decision in terms of being in the absolute best possible situation to win championships. LeBron might be the best player of his generation, but he isn't good enough to win a title without a supporting cast that is just marginally above average-- that has now been proven.

If the sting of the second round elimination doesn't make him intimately feel those two things, I'm not sure what will.

Originally Posted by CaptainCrown

First, lets be real. Its going to be real hard for anyone to accept a sign & trade with Chicago for Hinrich (nearly $20 Million for two years) and Deng (near Max Money for the next 4 years). Hinrich is a bench player and 5th option at best, and Deng is a 3rd option with a max deal.

With their current cap situation ($25 million under), if Lebron signs they only got about $7-9 million to sign someone decent.

If Lebron really cared about winning championships and building his legacy, he should sign with Oklahoma City. Yeah, I'm serious they are $15 million under the cap and they got guys that teams are willing to take for a sign and trade (Harden, Maynor, Mullens, Collison).

LeBron James and Kevin Durant
sick.gif
pimp.gif

Too bad OKC is even more irrelevant to the country than Cleveland is. I'm sure Nike and others will have an opinion on this.
We need to consider the economics of this move as well.

He just wants to go to New York so he can be a part of New York City. Nothing to do with the game. He's better off in Chicago than New York.

lifetime lap dances at Scores and all you can eat crabs at the same time.
pimp.gif
sick.gif

Bulls need to bring in a coach soon. It's going to be a busy offseason for the organizations too starting tomorrow morning. Cleveland already had a head start to impress and it wasn't enough.

Actually, I think he's best off with the Heat. LeBron James x Dwyane Wade would just be unstoppable. Then he's got Quentin Richardson, Jermaine O'Neal, Michael Beasley, a pretty decent cast out there.

Originally Posted by Jason23Richardson

indifferent.gif
 ya'll really think LeBron going to Bulls, maybe if Jordan was never a Bull, cmon son you know damn straight he wants a legacy of his own. That's just common sense.

Knicks >>> Stays with Cleveland >>> Swaggerjacks MJ and goes to Chicago

Kobe would say otherwise... its all about winning.

Kobe still found his legacy even after Magic and Kareem

I can see him going to the Bulls to continue what MJ started

I agree that MJ is the best ever, but wow.......the Bulls don't revolve around him. Some of you think that all we (Chicagoans) talk about is Michael Jordan. MJ took the Bulls to their first and last championships. Thats why there will be comparisons. As a Bulls' fan I would want LeBron to win us a ring, not because MJ did it, but because thats our goal......to win ...with whoever it takes.

Not even the local media brings up MJ but a few times a year.

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

Actually, I think he's best off with the Heat. LeBron James x Dwyane Wade would just be unstoppable. Then he's got Quentin Richardson, Jermaine O'Neal, Rafer Alston, a pretty decent cast out there.

i dont think that lebron wants to go down to wade's team, his house.... even though they are both very good at passing, they are very ball dominant players... 
Qrich, JO, skip are not under contract with the heat next year.... after JO played bum status in the playoffs i dont think he will be back, the only person i see them resigning for cheap is Qrich... wade and bosh in miami....  

i have really no idea what bron is gonna do.... if he does end up in a heat uni... me, heat, dade, will, and 2 more dudes i cant think of right now will be watching all the bandwagon fans....  if you couldnt be a fan during our 15 win season, go kick rocks... unless you are a beasley fan... but the way he has been playing i dont know anyone that has become a heat fan just because of him...

Originally Posted by Twig1026

When comparing him to the greats I dont think it would be wise to leave...just stay and rebuild constantly. Jordan, Bird, Magic, and Kobe made it happen
Would be nice but that's why there is and will only be one MJ plus he is not cut from the same cloth...these primma donnas now don't get it. Ledone prob feels like he deserves a ring and right now not realizing that just because you are a good player does not entitle you to a ring. MJ didn't get 6 rings from just being good...smh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom