Official LEBRON 2010 Thread (The Decision: MIAMI HEAT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dudes an idiot if he signs with the Heat. I mean...Imagine if they don't win? Dude will be stomped on if they don't win a ring.

Basically what he's doing is he's saying "I can't win it the ring without other superstars". Setting a bad image and example for his self but I wish dude best of luck. I still think he's signin in NY or Chicago .

gal_backpage_0708.jpg
gal_backpage_0708.jpg
gal_backpage_0708.jpg

he knows what he needs to do and he knows what he better not do.

You know, I don't understand why someone with talent like Lebron would willingly accept being someone's Robin...
I think it really speaks a whole lot about dudes psyche...makes you wonder if he even thinks he could lead a team to a chip...

I mean, what about competitive spirit?
Just as a competitor, wouldn't you rather win a ring going to war against top notch Bull/Celtic/Heat teams rather than hopping on the next man's bandwagon...

my dislike for lebron might ease off a little bit if he leaves ohio and stop this ...chosen,king,lebrons team,anything to blow his ego up...

The fact that his meeting today is in Connecticut shows he's signing with Knick or Nets. That makes sense doesn't it? He's not going to Miami where he will be making less money. Not happening.

With all the rhetoric about his image, hurting his brand, ego, etc. One thing that is undeniable is that going to the Heat is by FAR the best basketball decision he can make right now and will at least affirm that he really isn't about all that other stuff and is really all about winning. And in the end if this trio wins (which there really should be no earthly reason why they shouldn't) he will be much bigger abroad than he is right now (i.e. China where at the moment Kobe is outselling him 2 to 1).

so...i'm ranting to my on again off again gf from miami.

i still don't see the following:

-how this dude is going to fly to ct to announce that he's playing in miami
-how this dude shows up at carmelo's wedding on saturday if he chooses to sign with miami

that doesn't add up.

For the record as a HEAT fan i hope he goes to the knicks.

1.Wade v Lebron is always the most entertaining battle in the regular season.

2. 90's Knicks v Heat is what i grew up on and what made me like basketball

3. To be honest i dont even like Lebron like that. Wade>Lebron.

But IF we do get him, every game will be a circus and it cant be bad for the city. so oh well.

Anybody know the specific reason why he chose the Boys & Girls club in Greenwich (where I currently reside)? It's right next to the train station so when I get off the train from work I might swing through to see what the circus looks like.

I hope Knick fans aren't getting hyped that he's doing some early house hunting. It would make sense as Greenwich is home to nothing but $20 million homes and 20 minutes from the Knicks practice facility but I could be looking to much into things.

Let's just say that Lebron does sign with the Heat to join Bosh and Wade. If that team doesn't win a championship in 2 or 3 years MAXIMUM, one or possibly two things will happen:

1. Riley gets fired.
2. They blow that team up and Miami's back in the Eastern Conference abyss.

In going to Miami, Lebron's going to know that karma bites like a bad *** b***cH!!!
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

With all the rhetoric about his image, hurting his brand, ego, etc. One thing that is undeniable is that going to the Heat is by FAR the best basketball decision he can make right now and will at least affirm that he really isn't about all that other stuff and is really all about winning. And in the end if this trio wins (which there really should be no earthly reason why they shouldn't) he will be much bigger abroad than he is right now (i.e. China where at the moment Kobe is outselling him 2 to 1).

qfmt.

Some of yall are not understanding that dude wants to win. Staying in Cleveland, who's going to help him win? Going somewhere else, he'll have a better chance along side another star.

I don't know what LeBron is thinkin if he signs with the Heat. I read somewhere "there's a difference between winning a championship and earning a championship."

Wade was quoted as saying Erik Spolestra is his coach (not Pat Riley). Wasn't the coach an important factor in LBJ's decision?

LeBron wants to be a billionaire. Wouldn't his contract be worth more in NY?

Isn't LeBron making his announcement from ex-Knick Allan Houston's Greenwich, CT home?

Eddy Curry's contract expires next year, opening up more cap space for the Knicks to improve more next year too.

I really feel NY fits everything LeBron is looking for. Winning in Miami wouldn't mean as much when you formed Dream Team Lite. I can't believe LeBron would go to a team where he isn't the clear cut #1 option.

Originally Posted by miamib30514

3. To be honest i dont even like Lebron like that. Wade>Lebron.

But IF we do get him, every game will be a circus and it cant be bad for the city. so oh well.

Besides being a Heat fan, I like the way you think.I mean imagine restarting one of the nastiest rivalries of the 90s with those 4 guys...

Miami, NY or Chi-town,

One thing is for sure he already pissed off a lot of teams, people and the media.

SVG said it best.

Originally Posted by debs 168

how does being a sidekick to win rings help his brand??
Winning ring(s) helps his brand. There will be no denying that, especially in China (see Bean Bryant).

Originally Posted by Baller23217

just had this convo with somebody - the contract itself doesnt even matter THAT much...its the market....and where his brand will be worth more- that would make NY/NJ the two front runners imo...

is NJ still even in the running? in the last day or two im just hearing heat/knicks...

Originally Posted by miamib30514

Exactly, I'll always remember this rivalry. He has to come to the Knicks, there's no competition if they're all on the same damn team? 
Forbes already said that if he wins a ring in NY, he'll make 284 million more in NY than anywhere else if he wins at least one ring

Originally Posted by Baller23217

I don't know what LeBron is thinkin if he signs with the Heat. I read somewhere "there's a difference between winning a championship and earning a championship."

Wade was quoted as saying Erik Spolestra is his coach (not Pat Riley). Wasn't the coach an important factor in LBJ's decision?

Isn't LeBron making his announcement from ex-Knick Allan Houston's Greenwich, CT home?

Eddy Curry's contract expires next year, opening up more cap space for the Knicks to improve more next year too.

I really feel NY fits everything LeBron is looking for. Winning in Miami wouldn't mean as much when you formed Dream Team Lite. I can't believe LeBron would go to a team where he isn't the clear cut #1 option.
Good points here. It seems like it has to be MIA or NYC. Cleveland just doesn't seem to fit the scheme of things any more, unless there's something in the making none of us know about (highly unlikely).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom