Official LeBron X Thread Vol. 3

I made the same argument with the corks, but people just said that prices will drop after the next hot release. Its during ready time that the best deals will be made and then after a while the sizes will dry up. Then people will be begging to pay the initial resell prices after they skyrocket out of proportion.

Then the only places youll see these shoes will be on flight club and ebay where they will be commanding 500-600% over the initial retail.

Soon some people will just bite the bullet and buy at that price for fear of not buying fakes, essentially allowing the price to stay at that
Thing is since the desire was only to buy to re-sell who's gonna bite the bullet to buy...... how many people really want these to wear?  Corks still haven't reached back to the 1200-1500 dudes were paying especially for the larger sizes on release day.  Because there are sooo many of these available and everyone's thinking the same thing resell and come up big surprise is waiting for most these people.  

These can't sky rocket much higher... people asking 4-5k no way they touch 5-7k no matter how fast the dry up.  I always thought it was amazing how the hype generates a false number and everyone goes with it because they think its market value.  Just like dudes on JB releases who get a GR shoe and want to trade for a shoe that dropped 4 and 5 years ago.

Culture is flawed,Reselling at it's al time highest.. wait until JB holiday season.

Not into reselling at all but if I were able to get my hands one of these packs(for retail) they would be moved before they even hit my doorstep

Not into reselling at all but if I were able to get my hands one of these packs(for retail) they would be moved before they even hit my doorstep
Heck why not just tell someone to pay you a couple thousands and just ship it to your mans house? :lol: I can understand that mentality with these sort of releases

Thing is since the desire was only to buy to re-sell who's gonna bite the bullet to buy...... how many people really want these to wear?  Corks still haven't reached back to the 1200-1500 dudes were paying especially for the larger sizes on release day.  Because there are sooo many of these available and everyone's thinking the same thing resell and come up big surprise is waiting for most these people.  

These can't sky rocket much higher... people asking 4-5k no way they touch 5-7k no matter how fast the dry up.  I always thought it was amazing how the hype generates a false number and everyone goes with it because they think its market value.  Just like dudes on JB releases who get a GR shoe and want to trade for a shoe that dropped 4 and 5 years ago.

Culture is flawed,Reselling at it's al time highest.. wait until JB holiday season.
The only problem with what you're saying is that no projected holiday release will even command $500 (bred 1). i do NOT see the rumored lightning 4 release passing $350.

The only problem with what you're saying is that no projected holiday release will even command $500 (bred 1). i do NOT see the rumored lightning 4 release passing $350.
You know what you are right...but since i have the banned 1's im not going to be going that hard after those... they may shock us and drop chicago 1 and black toe numbers though.

my questions is since probly 95% of the people who got these were looking to resell them whos going to pay resell now? i feel like people only went for them to resell, which made demand higher which made the price higher, now that all the resellers have them and other resellers arent going to pay 3k+, the market has shrunk by 95%. whos going to buy them from resellers now? id figure theyre stuck with them kindof...

sorry if that didnt make sense, kind of hard to type out

you would think. i would hope anyone that wanted the elites to rock, would be satisfied with an ID'd pair

These will definitely sell.  Lots of people are extremely wealthy and a few grand is pennies to them.  They see something they want, they buy it.  They don't even check to see if they can find it cheaper somewhere else.  That's why a lot of these cats end up being broke in the end but hey...they had them bron joints back in the day!
My friend falls in this field. He has his own production firm and he's in his late 30s...no way he's lining up for anything. He buys what he likes. He also doesn't check the prices since he easily qualifies as the top 1 percent.

A lot of others like him too.

I feel like the only way someone could make money and sell the pack is if they split it. If i every see the lows for under 800 i might consider it.

I agree. I was running 315/160mbps with a bot and missed out. I think u do have to be a lil lucky

Damn, where do you live? I haven't gone to the dark side (aka Comcast), but with U-Verse on my side of Houston, I'm getting like 18 MBPS lol. I'm surprised I even had a spot in line when I clicked on the link. My Bot was an epic fail this morning. I usually do fairly well with it even with slow speeds; however, the damn auto add to cart didn't work, just the page opened with my bot. At least I tried manually with Tweetdeck to even have a fighting chance.

my questions is since probly 95% of the people who got these were looking to resell them whos going to pay resell now? i feel like people only went for them to resell, which made demand higher which made the price higher, now that all the resellers have them and other resellers arent going to pay 3k+, the market has shrunk by 95%. whos going to buy them from resellers now? id figure theyre stuck with them kindof...

sorry if that didnt make sense, kind of hard to type out
exactly what i was thinking

Was there any unclaimed pairs left at ntsm?
At least 4-5 pairs.

Just got back after giving up on waiting. Stupid fat manager can't manage a store...Had dudes there since 6a.m. waiting...2 p.m. comes and the fat boy brings 3 of his employee as protection to say they'll be releasing them at an undisclosed day and time. Straight B.S., made the 15 of us waiting a lil more hostile than normal.

# 1 in line who drove from the bay even told the manager to do a raffle for the 15 of us chilling and he didnt care if he won, he just wanted to make sure ONE of us got them. The employees were already over heard talking amongst themselves that WE wouldn't get any pairs.

To make a long story short, Manager is keeping them for himself. He made mention of the value of the pack to his worker, and giggled. 

P.S. They didn't honor someone's RSVP because of some name being off with the twitter handle.

the website looked like i was funding someone weekend shopping spree and drawn-out-refund process.

too bad they and many will be irrelevant for the next shoe thats worth signing up 7 folk.

Perhaps not irrelevant, but none of these places seem to be able to consistently get big releases.

yo evilside how much you drop on ec2 this week?
got like 3 accounts. 

i use the free instance hours. since i only need sporadic performance to launch chrome and add a shoe to cart.

So 60 micros per account * 3 hours = 180 hours. Still under 450 free hours per month.

At least 4-5 pairs.

Just got back after giving up on waiting. Stupid fat manager can't manage a store...Had dudes there since 6a.m. waiting...2 p.m. comes and the fat boy brings 3 of his employee as protection to say they'll be releasing them at an undisclosed day and time. Straight B.S., made the 15 of us waiting a lil more hostile than normal.

# 1 in line who drove from the bay even told the manager to do a raffle for the 15 of us chilling and he didnt care if he won, he just wanted to make sure ONE of us got them. The employees were already over heard talking amongst themselves that WE wouldn't get any pairs.

To make a long story short, Manager is keeping them for himself. He made mention of the value of the pack to his worker, and giggled. 

P.S. They didn't honor someone's RSVP because of some name being off with the twitter handle.
Wow man, sorry to hear that. Maybe. They'll just quietly put them on the shelves during the week (points to galaxy Blake Griffs)..... But something tells me I doubt it :frown:

At least 4-5 pairs.

After all that......Manager is keeping them for himself? That's down right dirty smh. Money is the root of all evil, some people just got a lot of greed with no morals or decency. 

At least 4-5 pairs.

What happened to plan b?

1328572377_37-Ski-Mask-Way.gif

At least 4-5 pairs.

dam that's wild I'm glad I didn't make that trip from sgv.. good looks on that update Ron. Sucks even more for that dude from the bay...

At least 4-5 pairs.

Stories like this suck to hear, worst thing is you cant really do much... You can try and report it, but most likely will fall on deaf ears.

At least 4-5 pairs.

Dang. I would definitely make some noise about the whole process to corporate, and most def get the manager's name. I've never liked NTSM, all the workers appear to be stuck up.

What happened to plan b?
1328572377_37-Ski-Mask-Way.gif
It's still the West side of town though :lol: Where you going to run off to? You got the ocean one direction and congested 10 Freeway the other way.

I won the raffle and picked up my lebron pack earlier. It looked like this house of hoops only had 10 pairs total. They made me sign my name that i picked up my pair and show my license.

Im gettin a haircut now. Gonna post up some pics when i get home!!!

Does anyone know how many total champ packs were available???

Back
Top Bottom