OFFICIAL: Lebron XI NikeID Thread [Going away soon... get your orders in!]

that fishing for a promo code is ridiculous. I have never heard, from any company ever, that a customer service rep would outright accuse a person of something like that. That is like if I called customer service for a food joint, and asked for a refund because the food gave me food poisoning and they were like. NOOOOO you liar! You just want free food! 

I got sick from undercooked meat at an innout once and they sent me coupon vouchers for free meals.

Anyway, nike sent me a FS code for whatever reason, which I was confused about. I sent back my ids and if I were to reorder some ids the shipping would be free anyways. I don't know if they are really sensitive because of the blk/gld flywire issue right now and don't wanna send out codes but $$ back should be fine. It just sucks though when they really throw out a product that you are dropping over 200$ on and the quality is straight trash. I just had tears on the seams near the lacing on the top, the glue marks I could care less about because yes that is nitpicky but the poor job speckling and damages on the posite are straight up a MUST RETURN situation for me. I got an Id of some spizikes over a year ago and the quality on those was better than many Jordans I've received this year so it was very disappointing to have to return my XI's.

Now I just want to get an ID before they take it down. Still salty I missed out on the X elite id's.

I'm not sure who you are but you gotta be a Nike rep or work for Nike in some sort of way or something :lol: how can you take up for a billion dollar company giving out low quality products and charging top dollar and then just expect its customers to just take it and in a sense be grateful? Let me know the next time you go in a restaurant and order a filet mignon and the waitress brings you out a hamburger patty and you think that its cool :smh:

Dog how you going to compare cooking a couple hundred meals (at frigging most in one night by a person) to making thousands of pairs on an assembly line.Not to mention in a kitchen three people check each dish (should) before they go out because its a simple cooking thing. You can Six Sigma all you want but stuff is going to fall through the cracks. Buck up Brent. You always get your money back in the end and it rarely happens. I chalk it up to reality. We all can think whatever we like but reality is what we have to deal with. Nike pays sweatshop workers to make shoes I am not going to expect those dudes doing QC in a sweatshop to care lololol

Dog how you going to compare cooking a couple hundred meals (at frigging most in one night by a person) to making thousands of pairs on an assembly line.Not to mention in a kitchen three people check each dish (should) before they go out because its a simple cooking thing. You can Six Sigma all you want but stuff is going to fall through the cracks. Buck up Brent. You always get your money back in the end and it rarely happens. I chalk it up to reality. We all can think whatever we like but reality is what we have to deal with. Nike pays sweatshop workers to make shoes I am not going to expect those dudes doing QC in a sweatshop to care lololol
83 posts in 12 years. just saying...

however, his point stands. for the price you pay, QC has to be top notch. its common knowledge these shoes are marked up like 300% and the markup only increases every year while the cost of materials drops. no excuses.

however, his point stands. for the price you pay, QC has to be top notch. its common knowledge these shoes are marked up like 300% and the markup only increases every year while the cost of materials drops. no excuses.

Yea but it's not just the cost of materials that they have to pay for. There's also labor, overhead, R&D, and everything else that goes in to running a business that large.

What makes you say the cost of materials drop every year?

why are you guys bickering about how bad customer service is :lol:

if the one you're talking to atm is on their period, try again tomorrow. i agree it's shameful that you're paying so much money and sweatshop workers are eating crap, but why take it out on us instead of on them?

why are you guys bickering about how bad customer service is :lol:

if the one you're talking to atm is on their period, try again tomorrow. i agree it's shameful that you're paying so much money and sweatshop workers are eating crap, but why take it out on us instead of on them?

That doesn't always help because they keep logs of your interaction with reps.

same **** i tried to say a few pages back and some sneakerhead told me that nike shoes arent over priced due to the fact that people are willing to pay for them.

repped

is it possible to make fairfax pe's on nikeid?

posite on those looks like the anodized yellow but in some pics it looked straight gold.

customer service also makes elementary english mistakes. there/their/they're mistakes and your/you're mistakes irk me SO bad.
I chatted with a rep about my 2nd pair of IDs coming in with no gold FW.

They are denying that anyone has gotten the wrong color. Also want to add that this was the rudest chat rep I have ever talked to.

Katie: hmmm on your order sheet it says black
Katie: 27 CUTTING FLYWIRE COLOR 00A BLACK
28 BREAKING FLYWIRE COLOR 00A BLACK
Katie: Your only option is to return them for a full refund
Lewi: well black/gold is an option on the flywire
Lewi: numerous other people online have had the
same issue
Katie: Yes but unless you have a screen shot of you choosing
the black/gold the sheet says you choose black....
Katie: So you can return them if you do not like them but no
compensation is available at this time for this issue
Katie: Be weary of rumors you read in sneakerhead blogs....
Lewi: I don't think it its a rumor
Lewi: when we all ordered the black/gold flywire
Katie: why would you all order that?
Lewi: what?
Lewi: it was a new option added
Katie: There is nothing I can do with out proof our tech sheet
says you chose black.
Lewi: a bunch of people ordered it
Katie: It doesn't matter
Katie: People say there shoe was stepped on and want
promos for it, that is not the way it works

I've actually had an issue with Katie similar to this and talked to someone on the phone about it. The supervisor apologized up and down for how she treated me. I had a legit defective pair of Nike shoes straight from Nike, and she told me if I was wearing them, it won't matter because they will eventually get messed up anyways, and was completely rude. So I'd report this to Nike by calling (always the best way to go FYI), and make sure they know Katie is an issue. I ended up getting a promo code and gift card out of it

is it possible to make fairfax pe's on nikeid?

posite on those looks like the anodized yellow but in some pics it looked straight gold.

I think the posite on the Fairfax PE is slightly darker (more gold looking) than Anodized Yellow, but only slightly. it's pretty similar.

Last edited:
^ 1st pair with the white posite is clean.

i'm still hoping they release the gold posite option before they take down the 11 ID.

Yea but it's not just the cost of materials that they have to pay for. There's also labor, overhead, R&D, and everything else that goes in to running a business that large.

labor overhead and R&D are pretty standard year to year. they come out with a new model every year so its not like every few years R&D spikes. labor and overhead remain in the same realm. but prices rise $20 per shoe every year. and cost of materials goes down because they keep using LESS materials literally and cheaper materials. Also, over time, naturally in a business or in manufacturing in general... cost of materials will drop because you find better/more efficient ways to harvest or use it.

in nikes case, they flat out use less materials every year. they said the posite was supposed to do this and that and technology blah blah blah. please. most of the shoe is that meshy fuse which doesnt cost anything. posite with glue seeping out from under it. NO air max or whichever the bubble is. they just flat out cut corners on materials and jack the price up $20. look at the 12. the sample looks to be 1 big piece of material with touches of posite. material doesnt even look tough. looks like some flyknit crap.

edit: my post made me curious about the material. apparently i was on the money...its flyknit. and the touches are not posite at all, its "some scratchy plastic material"

Last edited:

labor overhead and R&D are pretty standard year to year. they come out with a new model every year so its not like every few years R&D spikes. labor and overhead remain in the same realm. but prices rise $20 per shoe every year. and cost of materials goes down because they keep using LESS materials literally and cheaper materials. Also, over time, naturally in a business or in manufacturing in general... cost of materials will drop because you find better/more efficient ways to harvest or use it.

in nikes case, they flat out use less materials every year. they said the posite was supposed to do this and that and technology blah blah blah. please. most of the shoe is that meshy fuse which doesnt cost anything. posite with glue seeping out from under it. NO air max or whichever the bubble is. they just flat out cut corners on materials and jack the price up $20. look at the 12. the sample looks to be 1 big piece of material with touches of posite. material doesnt even look tough. looks like some flyknit crap.

edit: my post made me curious about the material. apparently i was on the money...its flyknit. and the touches are not posite at all, its "some scratchy plastic material"

I didn't listen to the vid but brah that's not flyknit that's em, unless they have a new way to make fk look thin or its whatever the xx9s are made of but i'm like 90% sure without holding them in hand that that's not fk

According to the video and seeing it in actual video, it's not fly knit, nothing like the Kobe 9 that's for sure

it looks like fly knit to me, and to the guy holding them in his hands he said the same thing and said it feels like fly knit. KOD is a king in the shoe world. ill have to trust what he says

it looks like fly knit to me, and to the guy holding them in his hands he said the same thing and said it feels like fly knit. KOD is a king in the shoe world. ill have to trust what he says

I'll reserve judgement til I see in person looking at these and kobe ix and other fk they look vastly loke diff materials but that imho

how long are the laces from the elite champ pack?

i wanna cop a pair of laces from ebay that are red/gold but the thing is they're 64 inch.

are you just dealing with extra length?

I usually just keep the laces tucked when I have a lace lock on them. They are longer than the regular 11 laces. So you'll have excess lace if you plan on tying them. Not a good look IMO.

Well now that my last iD (champ pair) is on it's way back to Nike I can call it quits on the the 11. I had a couple other pairs in mind but after so much hassle and delays with NIKEiD and this shoe I'm ready to move on. I can't deny that Nike was generous with the options for the most part though. Especially the Gumbo options. I missed out on a few pairs along the way (Gumbo big bangs, south beach forging iron, chroma option, etc.) but overall still happy with what I was able to cook up. Here's a recap of my 11 work. With that said, bring on the 12. :pimp:

Lakers
View media item 1077108

Bred
View media item 1077109

Floridian
http://s1164.photobucket.com/user/p...14DE5CE9-8D4B-418D-9B46-6DD2D5D6086E.jpg.html

Niketalk
View media item 1077111

Dunkman
View media item 1077112

Gucci
View media item 1077116

Shooting Stars
View media item 1077113

Xmas
View media item 1077114

Penny Foamposite
View media item 1077115