Official Lil B Thread: Black Ken Is finally coming! TYBG

Originally Posted by elcerrito91

Originally Posted by Al Audi

Originally Posted by SoFreakinWavy

260 pages and the album sold less than 2000 copies
The title was changed.....damn only 2000? all that hype for nothing.....it was all right imo, it kind of lost it 3/4 of the way through though.....it was just all right to me, not his best.

Strictly internet hype + people not actually buying music + one of the worst flows/deliveries in rap = less than 2000 copies.

Anybody know where I can find the instrumental version of this?

Originally Posted by Peep Game

The title was changed.....damn only 2000? all that hype for nothing.....it was all right imo, it kind of lost it 3/4 of the way through though.....it was just all right to me, not his best.

Strictly internet hype + people not actually buying music + one of the worst flows/deliveries in rap = less than 2000 copies.

The reason I said only was cause whack Tyler sold like 50k or some %$$+....now thats what I would want, the instrumentals on this album

The reason I said only was cause whack Tyler sold like 50k or some %$$+....now thats what I would want, the instrumentals on this album

I think Tyler sold that much cause he actually had relevant tv promotion, and just overall promoted his stuff better. Another thing, Tyler didn't come out as basically
a parody rapper like Lil' B --- making songs so awful, that even awful rappers look like legends. I mean, I don't listen to Tyler much, but other than being a shock
or horror-core type rapper, he didn't embarrass himself on the way to gaining exposure. He just rapped in his style and ran with it, a long with having a bunch of dudes
similar around him, and having a different production style. Lil' B came out pretty much as an obvious joke, then attempted to flip a switch and be good. People saw
through that, like Steve-O or any basketball player trying to rap. It's kinda similar to Soulja Boy, platinum first time out, then people realized what they were actually
listening to, and left him for dead.  

Though Lil B's flow and delivery is average at best, it is all part of his plan that he keeps people talking about him. As long as people are still talking about him, he is completely relevant. Tyler is a whole 'nother story.....

Originally Posted by whyhellothere
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Why people trippin bout the sales so hard?? I dont think B gives a %##% , you forget that he ended up giving out the album for free?

Originally Posted by maxb7ty

Why people trippin bout the sales so hard?? I dont think B gives a %##% , you forget that he ended up giving out the album for free?

And it was nowhere but iTunes

Agree. I'm sure he's getting money off shows. He was asking for 10 thou' to do shows at the end of last year, who knows how much he's charging now? 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by SoFreakinWavy

260 pages and the album sold less than 2000 copies

lil b randomly drops the album on itunes and then gives it away of free in under 12 hours...

I think Tyler sold that much cause he actually had relevant tv promotion, and just overall promoted his stuff better. Another thing, Tyler didn't come out as basically
a parody rapper like Lil' B --- making songs so awful, that even awful rappers look like legends. I mean, I don't listen to Tyler much, but other than being a shock
or horror-core type rapper, he didn't embarrass himself on the way to gaining exposure. He just rapped in his style and ran with it, a long with having a bunch of dudes
similar around him, and having a different production style. Lil' B came out pretty much as an obvious joke, then attempted to flip a switch and be good. People saw
through that, like Steve-O or any basketball player trying to rap. It's kinda similar to Soulja Boy, platinum first time out, then people realized what they were actually
listening to, and left him for dead.  

Exactly man....when people see through your scheme, you can't exactly keep pulling it and thats what he's probably gonna do and then he'll realize that it's a mistake and by then it'll be too late and he'll lose what he "gained" which was hype and artificial popularity, so in the end it'll be not that much lost.

LIL B GAVE THE ALBUM AWAY FOR FREE.. he doesn't give a %$@* about album sales, people.

do you really think he would go off and be an industry slave after all the stuff he raps about? dude would rather make his money touring and getting love from fans

its an excuse to tear the man down. Instead of enjoying the music from the artists they like & respect they'd rather come in here and nitpick over some stuff that barely matters, especially since dude isnt on a label & gave the album away for free.

Album for free, randomly at night on itunes without a release date, no promotion, single or video. He just threw it out and whoever wanted to pay paid

Originally Posted by DT43

LIL B GAVE THE ALBUM AWAY FOR FREE.. he doesn't give a %$@* about album sales, people.

do you really think he would go off and be an industry slave after all the stuff he raps about? dude would rather make his money touring and getting love from fans

he gave it away for free after he say the 1st day sales

half of yall defending him aint even cop the album... stop it five

Lil B gave his album for free for people who couldn't afford it. Just shows that either most of his fans are broke or they aren't real fans who would pay to support dude.

Not even trying to defend dude, but how we bringing up sales when it wasn't even an in store release? I will never buy an album from itunes, haven't in over 4 years....I'm just sayin though.

Back
Top Bottom