OFFICIAL LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS 2013-2014 SEASON THREAD (PLAYOFFS! 2nd Round v. OKC; Series at 2-2)

Cleanthony Early, Adrian Payne or KJ McDaniels in the 1st round.

Buy a pick in the 2nd for Deonte Burton, Josh Huestis or Semaj Christon.

Would love a back u big that isn't 

A)Obese

or 

B) Completely useless

When Deandre had to sit we had absolutely no rim protection. Seeing fat Baby rumble and tumble his way to try to keep up with Westbrook's penetrations was a delight.

LA Clippers News ‏@ClippersAllNews 2m
Darren Collison to opt out of contract with Los Angeles Clippers - FanSided http://q.gs/7CN16

No surprise here. Would have liked to have him back, but only for the right price. I'm sure if he goes elsewhere, we can find another, solid back-up PG.

LA Clippers News ‏@ClippersAllNews 2m
Darren Collison to opt out of contract with Los Angeles Clippers - FanSided http://q.gs/7CN16

No surprise here. Would have liked to have him back, but only for the right price. I'm sure if he goes elsewhere, we can find another, solid back-up PG.

Yikes. It'll be pretty hard to find a back up PG that can bring what he brings from a production standpoint. Consistency was an issue with DC though but beyond that he was about as spectacular as you can get as a back up PG and won a playoff game for the clips for good measure.

I would hope the clips could find someone to replace DC if and when he is gone, but I honestly don't think it'll be that easy.

DC opting out doesn't mean he's leaving. He just knows or figures there's more money to be made given his performance. I'm sure he's like to stay in LA just get paid more.

Hopefully LAC can match his best offer so he stays.

DC opting out doesn't mean he's leaving. He just knows or figures there's more money to be made given his performance. I'm sure he's like to stay in LA just get paid more.

Hopefully LAC can match his best offer so he stays.

We'll see. Hopefully he realizes that all the best years of his career have been as CP's back up, whether in LA or NO.

Man, y'all crazy. I would absolutely NOT give DC any part of our MLE. That needs to be used for a Starting SF (Ariza in a perfect world) or for a legit 3rd big.

If we had his bird rights it would be a different story and I wouldn't mind the team giving him what he deserves, but with the limited amount of assets we have, you can't give your undersized PG $4-5 mil when you're paying your #1 $20 mil per (don't care that CP3 is sure to miss a decent chunk of games due to injury)

Backup PG is at best 3rd on our "needs" list and with the amount of quality guards floating around the league, overseas and in the draft, Clippers should have no problem finding something serviceable for 12 - 20 MPG.

Yeah we need an SF bad but I like the fact that our tribe called bench was just as scary and productive as our first 5.

True backup Pg should be secondary but having one that could fill in if cp goes down as well as DC did might be a challenge.

Well see. Clipset 2015.

Not that it matters too much, but we probably should be using this thread now to talk about stuff related to the 2014-2015 season:

http://niketalk.com/t/594000/offici...llmer-to-buy-clips-for-2-billie#post_20810814

And by the way, I'm not even trying to follow the Sterling news anymore. Not with that senile jackass changing his mind every other day about selling. It will work itself out and when it does, that's when I'll pay attention.

Back
Top Bottom