OFFICIAL LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS 2023-2024 SEASON THREAD

It's not another playmaker we need, so much as someone who can get his own offense in clutch situations. Blake struggles with it and Chris' lack of size makes it hard for him. Jamal just can't be counted on. That's why I'm saying that only guys like Hayward and George would fill the current void. I like Crowder, but he's not a guy you can give the ball too with the game on the line and ask him to get a hoop. But like PCH has been saying, it's all a moot point anyway because we have no good way of getting anyone who is significantly better than the SFs we have now.

Some trade deadline names I think are semi realistic....and would help:

Cassipi
Thabo
Taj Gibson
Wilson Chandler

I would welcome all of those especially Taj Gibson, he fills an actual need for the team

Issue is, the nuggets hawks and kings all would want youth in return aka rivers and I'm not willing to part with a 24 year old that's coming into his own right now on a good deal. Clips are already devoid of youth talent as it is.

If doc and co were able to find a way to get any of those guys without touching the core 4 and Austin I would be totally for it.

LAC right now as it stands can beat any west team not named gsw 4 out of 7

They could lose to those teams too, but that would be the case with any tangible addition that they would make. 55+ wins and being a tough out in the west is really all you can ask for and they are that as it is.

You'd be hard pressed to find a deal for lac that makes them BETTER than what they are now. I know it's cool and funny to only mention 2nd rd when we talk abt lac but the reality is, they've been unlucky with injuries and still push 55 wins year in and year out. They did beat SAS in a series, they did beat gsw in a series (different gsw but yeah), they did push OKC and Houston to the brink. They have beaten Memphis in a series. They lost Blake last year and still were a top 6 offense and defense.

The reality is that they are really good man, and idk how much better they would be with a shake up involving giving up assets to get one.

That's my over arching theme to this discussion.

Last edited:
I guess Johnson and Stone are theoretically additional trade assets, but nobody is like to give us much for two guys who have played like a combined 5 minutes in the NBA so far. Plus, damn man, we haven't hung onto someone we drafted for more than a couple years since Blake. That's gotta stop at some point.

Blake and CP are elite level playmakers, how many more playmakers do you want :lol:

And even if your premise is true, HOW WOULD THEY GET ANOTHER REALLY GOOD PLAYMAKER? HOW FAM HOW

Against Warriors u need a guy that can create his own shot and pass too from that 3 position tho

Am I the only one who doesn't care or actually would be just as happy if none of our players go to the ASG? Especially Blake.

^^^ Read today that we're still one of only 4 teams in the league that is top 10 in offense and defense. Was pretty surprised by that considering how bad we were on D during the losing streak.

Reactions: HIM
^^^ Read today that we're still one of only 4 teams in the league that is top 10 in offense and defense. Was pretty surprised by that considering how bad we were on D during the losing streak.

Damn I'm shocked as hell at this too :lol: I expect our defensive numbers to continue to go up this month, due to our schedule

But man do we have some quality wins this year. Literally it's the teams we're playing now that have killed our record :lol: gotta take care of business this month

Bench, save for Wes, has been ****e in this game.

- And Mo. Mo stepped it up big in the 2nd half.

Last edited:
Your reminder that at the halfway mark of the season, Austin Rivers is avg 11 a game on 40% on 3's in 25 min and is shooting over 45% on 3's as a starter.

He's at over 40% on 3s over the past 70+ games dating back to last season.

He's 24 years old.

Doc has made some mistakes as a gm but if Austin wasn't his son, trading essentially nothing for 22 yr old lotto pick who's performing like this would be getting heaps of praise. Best move of his as a gm to me.

Love the way we've looked for most of this afternoon. Austin, CP, DJ especially, just a really good performance thus far. One more quarter.

6 in a row.

There we go.

DJ and Austin on a ride.

Father Time is catching up to Jamal Crawford, and that may be a blessing in disguise for us moving forward. No Slip ups. Keep it rolling monday.

Missed the game but happy to see the final score. We byke!!! #2 seed here we come

Yeah, baby. Undefeated in 2017!

Undefeated!!

We might never lose again.

If it aint broke...#eruptluckyposts
2017 gonna end the California drought along with the Clipper championship drought.

Feelsgoodman

Alrhough my stupid *** assumed it was a night game and missed the whole game :smh:

Was my son's 11th b-day party, so I only saw a little bit of the game. But it does appear we're starting to resemble the team from the 1st two weeks of season. Got to keep it rolling.

And always good to handle the Lakers. I let the X-mas loss slide because LAL hadn't beat us in forever and we were playing like **** at the time. But I would have been pissed if we dropped this one. Nothing to worry about though.

Back
Top Bottom