OFFICIAL LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS 2023-2024 SEASON THREAD

The fact that Blake Griffin & Chris Paul have missed significant time, a lot of that time was together too, the fact that LAC is 35-21, and are in the 4th seed right now is really impressive going into the break.

Big Baby on Doc

Per Fox Sports (via Deadspin)

The conversation about Rivers began with Davis saying that he doesn’t like what Rivers is doing with the Clippers organization right now. He went on to say that he didn’t like how Rivers handled his exit from the Clippers, which was spurred by an ankle injury that Davis claims was misdiagnosed. He went on:

“When you win a championship with somebody, you don’t treat nobody like that. No matter if it’s a business or not, because it’s bigger than basketball between us, Doc. I’ve never left you at the altar. I’ve never left you at the altar. I never left. You got get Spencer Hawes, he does nothing, you gotta trade him. You got me on the bench, knowing that I could play, but you still go play Spencer Hawes… you’re just trying to cover your own butt because Spencer’s not panning out the way you want him to pan out, and I just don’t like that.”

“What Doc had in ’08 was special and he was lucky as hell. Lucky as hell. The year before that they was wearing trash bags, but then the next year they win it, now he is one of the best coaches ever? I’m just not feeling that. You know what I mean? You give credit to (Kevin Garnett.) You give credit to Paul Pierce. You give credit to Ray Allen. Those are the guys who made sure whatever Doc needed to be done, got done. […] And see now it’s easy for Doc to do his job. And then you give credit to Danny Ainge. That’s the one you give credit to. Because I know multiple times he had to talk to Doc, just to say ‘Hey Doc, leave em alone. Hey Doc, ease up.'”

Last edited:
Barnes finna get waived. Obviously not the big name we want but would not mind taking him back on the cheap. :nerd:

Barnes finna get waived. Obviously not the big name we want but would not mind taking him back on the cheap. :nerd:

Just said the same thing on Twitter. Could allow us to improve without losing anyone else. I'll allow it.

Barnes finna get waived. Obviously not the big name we want but would not mind taking him back on the cheap.
nerd.gif
Called this last night. If he gets waived, I could definitely see an avenue where he ends up back w/ LAC.

May have to release a player though

^^^ Yeah, was think that, if Barnes signs, someone else would have to go. Not sure who I'd want it to be. Can't dump the rookies and Bass, Wes and Anderson have all contributed at times. I guess the most likely candidate would be Anderson since he plays the same position as Barnes.

^^^ Yeah, was think that, if Barnes signs, someone else would have to go. Not sure who I'd want it to be. Can't dump the rookies and Bass, Wes and Anderson have all contributed at times. I guess the most likely candidate would be Anderson since he plays the same position as Barnes.
 @LucasJHann 1h1 hour ago
Either: A) Clips free up a roster spot via trade, sign Barnes, or

B) Clips don't make a trade, cut Anderson for Barnes on Thursday

0 replies 1 retweet 2 likes

Last edited:
Feel kind of bad for Anderson. He hasn't done anything wrong, really. Plays hard and is a good teammate. And I'm sure, in his mind, Matt Barnes isn't any better than him. But business is business, I guess. Plus, I think it's likely he'll get picked up by another team if he gets waived.

The Wizards threw their phone on the floor when the Clips inquired about Otto porter w/o giving up any of their core four askdbaofkljbdjsnauijkfldasdf
roll.gif
roll.gif

Last edited:
Apparently we've had talks with the Celtics about trading BG for Crowder, Smart or Bradley and a 1st round pick. Doesn't make us better in the short-term, IMO, but would provide some insurance against Blake deciding to sign elsewhere in the Summer. I think that's very unlikely though, so I wouldn't do the trade.

Apparently we've had talks with the Celtics about trading BG for Crowder, Smart or Bradley and a 1st round pick. Doesn't make us better in the short-term, IMO, but would provide some insurance against Blake deciding to sign elsewhere in the Summer. I think that's very unlikely though, so I wouldn't do the trade.
Ehhh not really talks. The report came from Zach Lowe, who also said that a trade involving that was extremely unlikely. Don't think it has much stock to it at all

So, apparently CP3 has been medically cleared to play and has been practicing. No firm date on when he plays in a game though. But for sure going to be sooner than was originally projected.

So, apparently CP3 has been medically cleared to play and has been practicing. No firm date on when he plays in a game though. But for sure going to be sooner than was originally projected.

Sit him tomorrow. Play him starting Friday in San Antonio. Need to make that 3 seed push man, for real. ALL of these games matter.

This is actually remarkable. Our training staff is usually terrible as far as players returning as planned. When they said 6-8 weeks I told myself 9-11.

DO NOT PLAY HIM TOMORROW.

Last edited:
^^^ Um, yeah. GSW is not the team you want to come back against, especially when it's a road game. Just stay home, CP.

Back
Top Bottom