OFFICIAL LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS 2023-2024 SEASON THREAD

I would be way more optimistic of Jeff Green if he was going to be a starter.

But he's not. Alas...

Our success in the playoffs isn't going to come down to him anyway. 

How do you know he won't start? Doc seriously can't keep running with Luc as the starter can he? Jeff Green just needs to hit open 3's....run the floor and defend. Him and Wes really added a lot of depth at the SF position. There's no need for Luc to start....let alone be playing any meaningful minutes.

Lettuce not forget that Green is a "Doc Guy," which I think makes it possible he will start.

I feel like now the team has defined roles with both units...if Doc starts Jeff Green.

Pablo/Austin
Jamal
Wes
PP/Luc
Aldrich

That lineup can work if managed right.

I had time to kill in the office today while I wait for this meeting so I popped open excel and imported Jeff Green's 2015-2016 game log. I filtered sk that I was left only with his games vs OKC, GSW and SAS (7 games). It's not pretty :lol:

8.1 PTS
3.9 RBS
1.4 AST
1.4 TO
32% FG
50% 3PT (1.4 attempts per game)

Granted, he should get a lot more wide open 3 pt looks on this team, where he shoots 37%. He shoots 42% from the left corner 3 and 35% over from the the corners. If he can nail those open corner threes that Luc is scared to take (because he can't make them) I'll be pleased.

Defensively I'm not sure what we're getting. Any input, shoeking?

Last edited:
I had time to kill in the office today while I wait for this meeting so I popped open excel and imported Jeff Green's 2015-2016 game log. I filtered sk that I was left only with his games vs OKC, GSW and SAS (7 games). It's not pretty :lol:

8.1 PTS
3.9 RBS
1.4 AST
1.4 TO
32% FG
50% 3PT (1.4 attempts per game)

Granted, he should get a lot more wide open 3 pt looks on this team, where he shoots 37%. He shoots 42% from the left corner 3 and 35% over from the the corners. If he can nail those open corner threes that Luc is scared to take (because he can't make them) I'll be pleased.

Defensively I'm not sure what we're getting. Any input, shoeking?

He's about wes johnson level defensively which...isn't great.

He's shooting about 34% on uncontested 3's this season. Yikes

If Doc ends up starting Jeff then my view on the trade changes quite a bit. Jeff green is obviously the much better offensive player and that core four is so good on both ends, jeff green I believe would be a competent defender as a starter.

In my opinion he should start.

Have to think tonight's game is not going to go well for us. We were shorthanded to begin with and I doubt Green plays. Plus, CP was in New Orleans this morning, so he might be tired/emotionally spent. Lot of factors working against us.

Best win of the season.

Again, their defense is the best it's been under Doc. Hopefully that continues.

20 of 25 without Blake is nothing to scoff at at all. Impressive as hell. 

And watching Prime Chris Paul under Doc Rivers is truly special man. What a player. 

Random Thought,

We almost made the WCF last season with Hedo Turkoglu, Big Baby, and borderline Spencer hawes in the rotation lol Man Lester Hudson was getting legit minutes in game 2 of the WCSF for us.

Our roster isn't the greatest by any means, but this is far more of a competent bunch. At least we have playable players 
laugh.gif

Have a top 10 defense this year and its been top 5 in the league since 12/26/15

We'll see how good we've really been defending tonight :lol: [emoji]128579[/emoji]

LA Clippers Stats  ‏@LAClippersStats    11m11 minutes ago

Since 12/25/15, @JCrossover is shooting 44% from the field for 16ppg #GSWvsLAC

LA Clippers Stats  ‏@LAClippersStats    18m18 minutes ago

Through 54 games, the @LAClippers are 1 game ahead of their pace at this point last season with a 36-18 record #GSWvsLAC
LA Clippers Stats  ‏@LAClippersStats    25m25 minutes ago

The @LAClippers are the last team in the @NBA to defeat the @Warriors and @Spurs in a playoff series #GSWvsLAC

User Actions
 Following
Arash MarkaziVerified account‏@ArashMarkazi

The Clippers are the first team in NBA history to play consecutive games against teams that each had a winning percentage of .840 or higher

On my way to Big Wangs (pause) in DTLA for the game. Don't See us winning but hoping for the best :lol:

May need more CJ while Austin is hurt.

PP is unplayable against the elite. Meaning, he won't be playable come postseason.

I'm not too discouraged by last night's game because I was expecting it. And, in fact, it strengthened my belief we can play with GSW. We were in the game the whole time and, TBH, did not play particularly well. Had a ton of blown defensive assignments and mental lapses. Bad turnovers, etc.

Obviously we have to really clean it up and play our best ball to get by GSW, but we have a shot if we can do that. Need Blake though. Draymond dominates anyone else we try to match up with him.

I'm not too discouraged by last night's game because I was expecting it. And, in fact, it strengthened my belief we can play with GSW. We were in the game the whole time and, TBH, did not play particularly well. Had a ton of blown defensive assignments and mental lapses. Bad turnovers, etc.

Obviously we have to really clean it up and play our best ball to get by GSW, but we have a shot if we can do that. Need Blake though. Draymond dominates anyone else we try to match up with him.
Agree with everything, especially the latter part about Blake.

We were right there minus a really subpar first quarter. 

So we passed on a Tony Snell Deal for CJ and a 2nd rounder?

I love CJ, but Tony Snell is a better fit for us than Jeff Green would be. That's crazy, we really passed on Tony Snell for a player that we don't even play. Yikes. That's a missed opportunity right there.

Back
Top Bottom