OFFICIAL LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS 2023-2024 SEASON THREAD

He about to disappear for the next three games. :lol: Glad he picked it up when Jamal wasn't pulling his weight.

P.S. The amount of Knicks fans at Staples really caught me by surprise. |I

That shouldn't surprise you. Been like that forever. It's all the transplanted New Yorkers who live here. I mean, it was even worse when we weren't good, but has stayed that way even after CP got here.

That shouldn't surprise you. Been like that forever. It's all the transplanted New Yorkers who live here. I mean, it was even worse when we weren't good, but has stayed that way even after CP got here.

I never thought about this until you brought it up and you're 100% right...just mentally thought back to each season and everyone that we brought in that underperformed is from NY. Sup with that? :nerd:

Schedule gets really nutty now.

Cavs, Spurs Houston, GSW, all within the next five games and those are all roadies. 

Whatever.

Yeah, schedule is a ***** coming up. That's why I think we're sticking at 4.

And we don't beat the Cavs with Lebby, so we'll probably take the L on Sunday even though it's a home game.

Last edited:
Curious, what makes you say this? Serious, would like to hear your banter on the topic.

The way you feel about us playing GSW is how confident I am in us playing San Antonio. I don't share that kind of optimism w/ GSW at all. We haven't won in the Oracle in two years, and in that span they've become one of the greatest teams in league history. Maybeeee if we were to find a way to steal a game up there we would have a shot, but I think that's unlikely. We haven't won there since Game 3 of the first round in 2014. I think we would lose in 5. I just don't see us beating them at Oracle, and I see them taking either game 3 or 4. 

We have the personnel to make it interesting though, for sure. Especially if a Wes Johnson, or Jeff Green can knock down the 3 ball at an above average clip from here through the playoffs. How Blake comes back will be interesting as well, because in theory they don't have a player that can guard Blake.

its just my opinion. its so easy to break down everything by the numbers, but the total story can never be told in just the numbers. i agree that there is nobody on the gsw roster that can guard blake. we have bigs that can switch and play man for short periods of time, and at the very least, run shooters off of the 3 point line. we may not have won up there in a while but i look at it like this. the first 2 meetings vs. gsw we werent even a very good team yet, and with that said, had a double digit lead in the 3rd up in the bay and down in L.A. blew a 20 something point lead.

i am not saying its a given. but i do buy in to the fact that SAS and LAC and maybe OKC are the only teams that can beat gsw...with LAC being maybe number 1 on that list.

again, this is all just my opinion, but i dont think GSW is gonna win the championship this year. i do think they will win 72+, but i dont think they will win it all.

We would still have to beat GSW four times and at least once at home. Either way we'll have to beat two of the best teams ever, and the two best ever at home, four times eithout HCA.

And if we don't the whole team will be called choke artists :lol:

We would still have to beat GSW four times and at least once at home. Either way we'll have to beat two of the best teams ever, and the two best ever at home, four times eithout HCA.

And if we don't the whole team will be called choke artists :lol:

LOL. So true.

The only upsetting thing about today's game is that we got blew out in front of the world it seems, but they shot the **** out of the ball today.

Lost it in the 2nd quarter with the 2nd unit

Seems like every celebrity was there for a sunday afternoon game which made for a great / crazy atmosphere, which is why it sucked to get blown out. Knew we were going to lose, was just hoping to not get blown out. We were 5-18 against lebron teams heading into today and without blake, beating elite teams is going to be an uphill battle at best.

That being said, I think we win tuesday. I just really like the SAS matchup for us, even without blake. But I can be an idiot so whatever :lol:

Man, looking at the schedule ahead, if we can manage to go .500 for the remaining games in March, I'll take it. A lot very tough games and no sure things.

The Clippers bench has been lethal since blake's been injured, and its the real reason why we've been able to stay afloat w/o blake.

But a lot of their success was due to some hot shooting.

It appears that the bench is coming back down to earth and that could be EXTREMELY troublesome come postseason time.

Final score of this Spurs / Clips game isnt indicative of the distance between sas and lac. Bench lost this one though, big time

Best thing about these last two *** whoopings is that the idea of this team being better off without Blake is finally being put to rest. 

Best thing about these last two *** whoopings is that the idea of this team being better off without Blake is finally being put to rest. 

Said the same thing in the NBA thread. Without him we just straight up don't have enough talent to really compete with the elite teams.

It's never going to be not funny seeing these guys sprint to the locker room after every win. You see Rivers tonight trying to escape from the post-game interview. :lol:

Dead serious, man. This team really isn't that good. CP's brilliance has been carrying us and in the playoffs it's going to be easier for any team we face in the first round to make it more difficult for him. And I just don't think Blake is getting back soon enough that we can expect him to be a major factor in the playoffs. That mean that we're going to need major contributions from guys like Green, Jamal and Wes to advance in the playoffs. So, yeah....

Back
Top Bottom