OFFICIAL LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS 2023-2024 SEASON THREAD

good read

not time to hit reset. IMO we are a 3 and D SF away, along with productive summers from our core from a potential finals appearance.

time for pierce to retire and let crawford walk. increase austin rivers role in that crawford void and work from there. there will be a few teams looking to hit reset along with serviceable free agents on veteran minimum salaries to fill our bench

Every year we are a small forward away from competing. I just feel Doc keeps making moves and then abandoning before they play out. Dudley, Hawes, Josh Smith, Stephenson. But injuries are always our issue.

I honestly dont think the small forward thing was an issue this year

The tandem of luc / jeff / wes was relatively good and there's no way you're getting better than that at that position with 3 max guys

Tbh we're lucky we got jeff green :lol:

I honestly dont think the small forward thing was an issue this year

The tandem of luc / jeff / wes was relatively good and there's no way you're getting better than that at that position with 3 max guys

Tbh we're lucky we got jeff green :lol:

Jeff Green was very incosistent

Clipperholics
‏@ClipperholicsFS
The #Rockets are interested in pursuing a Blake Griffin trade this summer if he becomes available: http://clipperholics.com/2016/05/16/clippers-rumors-rockets-may-pursue-blake-griffin-if-available/ … #Clippers

A prime example of the trash that passes as "journalism" today. What the linked "article" actually says that, according to an unnamed source, if the Rockets strike out on their free agent targets, they would consider pursuing trades for a few guys, including Griffin. That's it. So, notwithstanding me taking the trouble to post about it, I'm going to file this in the category of things not worth thinking about.

Clipperholics
‏@ClipperholicsFS
The #Rockets are interested in pursuing a Blake Griffin trade this summer if he becomes available: http://clipperholics.com/2016/05/16/clippers-rumors-rockets-may-pursue-blake-griffin-if-available/ … #Clippers

A prime example of the trash that passes as "journalism" today. What the linked "article" actually says that, according to an unnamed source, if the Rockets strike out on their free agent targets, they would consider pursuing trades for a few guys, including Griffin. That's it. So, notwithstanding me taking the trouble to post about it, I'm going to file this in the category of things not worth thinking about.

Doc said he is keeping the core together. I dont see Blake getting traded unless we are getting Durant.

You mean to tell me y'all wouldn't be interested in Brewer, TJones, Smith and a 2nd rounder for Blake?? Game 6 remember??? Remember???

Come on, remember?????????????

?

You mean to tell me y'all wouldn't be interested in Brewer, TJones, Smith and a 2nd rounder for Blake?? Game 6 remember??? Remember???

Come on, remember?????????????

?

Remember it like it was yesterday, sadly. Probably won't ever forget it. Corey ******* Brewer :smh:

clippers need that goon type player (like matt barnes). I wouldn't break it up if I were them. Unless it was a Blake Griffin for Durant or Melo trade.

^^^ While I don't think Kendall Marshall is doing anything more than throwing **** out there, Clips are among the (many) teams Mark Stein is reporting are actively trying to get a sit-down meeting with KD this Summer. I don't see it going anywhere, but at least we're going to try and take our shot.

^^^ While I don't think Kendall Marshall is doing anything more than throwing **** out there, Clips are among the (many) teams Mark Stein is reporting are actively trying to get a sit-down meeting with KD this Summer. I don't see it going anywhere, but at least we're going to try and take our shot.
Yeah I was just posting it to get some activity going in the thread lol

The truth of the matter is however, is that we already have over 2/3 of our cap committed to our big 3 with 10 million more to JJ and PP is still on the books if he doesn't retire.

So we would have to get extremely creative to clear some cap space, and almost certainly, one of the big 3 would have to be jettisoned in order to make it feasible, which kind of dilutes the whole idea of KD coming to LAC in the first place. Maybe if he expressed some serious interest in making the LAC play then i'm an advocate of moving some parts around to clear some room, but other than that he isn't a real priority to me.

Retaining Cole, Austin, Jeff Green, and either Luc / Wes are far more of a priority which is going to be tough anyway since they won't be nearly as cheap as they were last summer.

SiriusXM NBA Radio Retweeted
Marc J. Spears ‏@MarcJSpearsESPN · 5m5 minutes ago

Clippers guard Austin Rivers has decided not to exercise his player option for next season & will test free agency this summer. @ASM_SPORTS

I like Austin. He's improved a lot since he got here. But he's not a guy you overpay. Have a feeling this means he will not be back next season.

:D you guys are always good lineup in paper,,,but come PLAYOFF time,,INJURIES and CHOKEster kills your team,,im really a big supporter of Jamal Crawford,,Doc needs to start him instead of JJ Redick

and can somebody please let The Truth know, he needs to retire now :rolleyes

SiriusXM NBA Radio Retweeted
Marc J. Spears ‏@MarcJSpearsESPN · 5m5 minutes ago

Clippers guard Austin Rivers has decided not to exercise his player option for next season & will test free agency this summer. @ASM_SPORTS

I like Austin. He's improved a lot since he got here. But he's not a guy you overpay. Have a feeling this means he will not be back next season.

he should show support to his father,,,WOW,,what a rebellious kid,,he needs to stay with his Dad system if he wants to shine in the NBA,just saying!!!,,who would want him aside from his old man :smokin

We desperately need to keep austin, cole, and jeff.

If we keep those three and say keep luc too I would consider it a successful offseason

Wes opted out too

Inconsistent this season, but his high points were exactly what lac needed from him

Definitely wouldnt mind him coming back either. Borderline elite corner shooter which is what we need

Wes opted out too

Inconsistent this season, but his high points were exactly what lac needed from him

Definitely wouldnt mind him coming back either. Borderline elite corner shooter which is what we need

I like Wes. Was hoping he'd be back, but I'd agree that Green and Cole are higher priorities. I don't think re-signing Austin is as crucial as you do though.

Back
Top Bottom