OFFICIAL LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS 2023-2024 SEASON THREAD

The UndefeatedVerified account‏@TheUndefeated

16 years and 17 head coaches later: This is how @JCrossover became the most decorated role player in NBA history. http://theundefeated.com/features/jamal-crawford-of-the-clippers-long-and-winding-road/
Even mentions my HS. Our head coach would tell us stories about Jamal ditching all the time 
laugh.gif

I had no idea he ever lived out here, let alone went to Dorsey/Morningside.

I had no idea he ever lived out here, let alone went to Dorsey/Morningside.

Me neither. And it apparently was right after I graduated high school and was still following the SoCal high school hoops basketball scene. He must not have become a real prominent prospect until he got back up to Seattle.

The anecdote in the story about Paul Pierce is funny. Reminds me of when I played against him in high school. We got to like mid-way through the second quarter and our team was still close and Pierce hadn't done much, so I was questioning how good he really was. Then someone on our team did something to irritate him -- they he hit a 3 and ran up the court with his arms up or something. PP scored like the next 15 points of the game, including two dunks and we ended up going into the half down by more than 20. He was just bored for the first part of the game and taking it easy. :lol:

Yeah during hs my coach, Coach Gibb (The head coach at Dorsey, been there since like 92') would tell us stories about how Jamal would never ever go to class and go over to rancho cienega (which was adjacent to dorsey) and just shot dice and hooped all day. He was really upset about Jamal leaving back to go to seattle too 
mean.gif
 could have been our city title.

Dorsey Dons tho, DDP 
pimp.gif
 C/O 2011

The Blake/JJ episode is up. Blake is a funny dude, man. Has the same type of sense of humor that I have.

JJ said Blake was supposed to be the cery first guest but it was around the time of the Toronto Incident. Blake says, "yea Inreally didn't wanna ve on ththe podcast" :rofl:

Dope listen. Blake has that dry humor that I love. He almost got me in trouble on my very first day because of it lol

However, with JJ's podcast I would personally like to hear more in depth behind the scenes material regarding the Clippers and the NBA in general, but that's just the NBA fan in me 
laugh.gif

Dope listen. Blake has that dry humor that I love. He almost got me in trouble on my very first day because of it lol

However, with JJ's podcast I would personally like to hear more in depth behind the scenes material regarding the Clippers and the NBA in general, but that's just the NBA fan in me :lol:

I know what you're saying, but at they same time I don't blame them for not letting people too far into the inner sanctum. I think JJ does a good job revealing some inside info though. Like the stuff in the Blake show about how they interact with media was stuff I didn't know about:

My favorite episodes have actually been the non-nba guests :lol: The Ben Winston shows were both great. JJ said he was saving CP3 for a later epiaode. That open will be great, I'm sure.

Another little comment that had me rollin was JJ saying he used to live so close to the Orlando arena that he could bike to home games. Then he says Big Baby used to bike to games and you hear Blake in the background "I bet." :rofl:

I know what you're saying, but at they same time I don't blame them for not letting people too far into the inner sanctum. I think JJ does a good job revealing some inside info though. Like the stuff in the Blake show about how they interact with media was stuff I didn't know about:
Nah I completely understand it and if I was a player I probably wouldn't dive too much into that stuff either. It's kind of why I'm more partial to Chris Mannix, or Woj's podcast and during the season Zach lowe's.

I did enjoy Bill Simmons on JJ's podcast a couple weeks back too. That was a pretty good balance of basketball and "life." JJ said he and chris paul argue a lot on and off the floor 
laugh.gif

Random, but I was in Santa Monica today and saw this tall, athletic looking light-skinned/ginger dude and thought, "that guy looks oddly like Blake but I know that's not Blake." I was kind of puzzled for a second, but then remembered that Blake has a brother. I think that's who it was.

shoeking2102 shoeking2102 - do you know if Taylor Griffin stays in LA these days?

Random, but I was in Santa Monica today and saw this tall, athletic looking light-skinned/ginger dude and thought, "that guy looks oddly like Blake but I know that's not Blake." I was kind of puzzled for a second, but then remembered that Blake has a brother. I think that's who it was.

shoeking2102 shoeking2102 - do you know if Taylor Griffin stays in LA these days?

I can confirm that he moved to Marina Del Rey a couple years ago. i used to work at Uhaul and he came to my store to rent one of those portable storage pods (we called them uboxes). This was like 2012 or 13. Very possible it's him.

Last edited:
^^^ Was for sure him. Just checked out a couple of pics of him on-line and that is definitely who I saw. If I realized it at the time, I might have said what's up to him. Then again, what would I say? Hey man, big Clippers fan. Your brother is great, but tell him not to punch anybody this season. Thanks." Not sure he'd have been into that. :lol:

I wonder how often people ask him if he's Blake?

@shoeking2102 - do you know if Taylor Griffin stays in LA these days?
Taylor Griffin? Yeah he for sure does. For a minute he was staying with Blake actually, I don't know where exactly he stays now.

I know we worked a clinic with Blake earlier this summer and Taylor was there talking about how he had to hurry home because he was getting some cable or something installed lol so I assume he stays in LA.

Cancelled my season tickets this season. I'm so ready to enjoy the games from the comfort of my own living room. I haven't been able to do that since 2010 and I'm looking forward to it. No humblebrag?

Less than 2 months, brethren.

Yo, random as hell but I'm going to Seattle in a couple weeks and I'm trying to remember what Donut shop JJ always talks about in his podcast. I don't remember which podcast he said it in :lol:

Anyway, I was doing my googles and I saw a tweet where he responded to a a clipper fan talking about him eating donuts every day lol. Was that you? Jbk? Also, do you know what the seattle shop is? Im trying to hit all the good food spots :lol:

Yo, random as hell but I'm going to Seattle in a couple weeks and I'm trying to remember what Donut shop JJ always talks about in his podcast. I don't remember which podcast he said it in :lol:

Anyway, I was doing my googles and I saw a tweet where he responded to a a clipper fan talking about him eating donuts every day lol. Was that you? Jbk? Also, do you know what the seattle shop is? Im trying to hit all the good food spots :lol:

LOL. That was me. But the donut shop he was talking about was in Santa Monica, I thought.

LOL. That was me. But the donut shop he was talking about was in Santa Monica, I thought.

Haha Idk how I even knew it was you. Think it was the avy :lol:
There's one in Seattle that he said everyone goes to. The one is Santa Monica is Sidecar I believe. I'm like 90% sure he mentioned a seattle one but I can't remember which podcast it was. I think they were talking about their favorite places to eat in different cities and the donut spot came up for Seattle.I just re-listened to the Spencer Hawes episode but it wasn't that one :lol:

Back
Top Bottom