OFFICIAL LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS 2023-2024 SEASON THREAD

From a basketball standpoint, this 3 game losing streak doesn't mean anything. Clips have some real quality wins and after all, they still are 14-5.

However, from a seeding standpoint this could be devastating. Because out of the 4 meetings with gsw (a team you haven't beat in 2 yrs), meetings with sas, OKC, plus more randomness of an NBA season, you really don't wanna waste losses on the nets, a Paul George less pacer team, etc.

This.....

^^^ Yeah, in all likelihood, even though it's still early, this steak is going to prevent us from getting any higher than a 3 seed. Barring significant injuries to multiple key players, neither GSW or SAS is going to have a funk like this and we're definitely now sweeping either of those teams in the regular season.

*Edit - Yes, I realize the Spurs also lost last night and that we are only one L behind them, but I'm assuming we'll lose on Thursday and think it's very possible we could lose on Friday to the Pelicans, who have been playing much better lately.

Last edited:
why the hell was Blake even rested in a non-back-to-back game?

Last edited:
^^^ I heard Doc on the radio before the game and he claimed that it was decided Blake would sit this game before the season even started. The staff allegedly looked at the schedule and picked, in advance, certain games guys would sit out. Even if I buy that - which I'm not totally sure I do -- its stupid to be that rigid about it. This team needed a win, so our best unit should have been out there. Would have made more sense to play everyone yesterday and then pull a Pop and rest CP, Blake and DJ tomorrow against the Cavs.

^^^ Yeah, in all likelihood, even though it's still early, this steak is going to prevent us from getting any higher than a 3 seed. Barring significant injuries to multiple key players, neither GSW or SAS is going to have a funk like this and we're definitely now sweeping either of those teams in the regular season.

*Edit - Yes, I realize the Spurs also lost last night and that we are only one L behind them, but I'm assuming we'll lose on Thursday and think it's very possible we could lose on Friday to the Pelicans, who have been playing much better lately.

I mean, not necessarily. As you mentioned, the Spurs did lose last night, and in thoery we should be able to take at least one more from them on our home floor. The Clips reallyyyy benefit right now from the west being down. If they handle business against the rest of the conference they'll have a great shot to shoot for 2nd.

The issue IMO, is just that now you don't have as big of margin for error when it comes to losses. The random schedule losses that most teams run into now you can't really afford. You can't afford to lose to gsw 4 times, etc

I'll go out on a limb here and say LAC does still finish at least 2nd. And it isn't because of how good they are or been, it's because of how bad the field is. The Spurs road record won't hold for an entire season, and they're already 4-4 at home. The opening for 2nd is still very much in play as long as they cut out the Wtf losses and don't lose to gsw 4 times

^^^ I heard Doc on the radio before the game and he claimed that it was decided Blake would sit this game before the season even started. The staff allegedly looked at the schedule and picked, in advance, certain games guys would sit out. Even if I buy that - which I'm not totally sure I do -- its stupid to be that rigid about it. This team needed a win, so our best unit should have been out there. Would have made more sense to play everyone yesterday and then pull a Pop and rest CP, Blake and DJ tomorrow against the Cavs.

or just rest them on Friday against the Pelicans and now they're looking at a 4 game losing streak

Despite the loss, I do want to recognize CP3's performance. Damn near pulled it out for us by himself. But carrying the load offensively and being expected to guard the hottest player on the Nets was too much for even him.

Despite the loss, I do want to recognize CP3's performance. Damn near pulled it out for us by himself. But carrying the load offensively and being expected to guard the hottest player on the Nets was too much for even him.

Also, as a bball fan it was dope to see Kilpatrick have that moment. If I knew we were gonna lsoe anyway I would have preferred his OT Buzzer beater had gone in.

Also, as a bball fan it was dope to see Kilpatrick have that moment. If I knew we were gonna lsoe anyway I would have preferred his OT Buzzer beater had gone in.

agreed.

in addition, we do get a lot of teams/players best shot as if we are defending NBA champs as well.

kilpatrick had the game of his life
the memphis game at home was like a playoff game and they didn't miss

etc etc

i am sure you guys have many more examples.

^^^ Yeah, teams do tend to get up for us. Which is kind of annoying considering we've never actually won anything of significance.

Also, it's kind of funny how when the Clips had the best record in the league it was "wait till the playoffs this don't mean ****" but when they go on a 3 game losing streak to non playoff teams that logic doesn't apply :lol:

Like, 2 of the teams LAC has lost to in this 3 game slide, were teams that they just beat by 40 last week. The other team is the friggin bk nets. A team that's obviously not making the playoffs, and needed a random 31 pt 4q and 2OT performance from Kilpatrick (which as some of y'all alluded to, was awesome.)

The team is obviously much closer to that 14-2 start than this one. But yeah, on to the cavs with Lebron, a player that the Clips have NEVER beaten :rofl:

110-102 Clips over Cavs tonight

^^^ I thought we beat the Heat at least one time when LeBron was on the team?

But the Cavs have definitely owned us during his second stint there.

^^^ I thought we beat the Heat at least one time when LeBron was on the team?

But the Cavs have definitely owned us during his second stint there.

Oh yeah right. Blake went off and CP didn't play Iirc.

Just looked it up and yep, you're right. We're 0-12 on the road against Lebron teams all time lol

^^^ Yeah, there's that and the fact we haven't been defending the 3 point line that well lately and the Cavs currently are the most proficient 3 point shooting team in the league.

Felt like they would win tonight, but not like this

Impressive win. Blowout wins in SAS and In Cle

On to the pelicans

That reverse jinx...[emoji]128527[/emoji]

Y'all welcome. Winning this game means more than losing to the Nets IMO.

looks like everyone is/was thinking the same thing as i am. up 20, 6min to go. given our history...gotta hold out and see it thru.

rivers can find his rhythm again slashing to the rim.
speights eats up opposing bench big men. he is the ultimate "better than your bench big men, but not good enough to start" BIG MAN

we didn't even have a great game all around. it was a good game, but not a great game. effort was there.

but the narrative will be, 'the cavs laissez faire attitude" in lieu of, the clippers putting it on the cavs.

i really really think less is more with jamal crawford. i don't think he should have the green light everytime he steps on the court. he needs to be a spot up shooter at times and not so ball dominant in per situations etc.

IMO

Team looks worlds better when Luc is on the floor. He is a difference maker for this team on both sides of the ball.

Also doc lucked out with CP getting two quick fouls. Saw what staggering looked like. Austin looked much better getting some real reps with the starters.

Erupt for sure is right. This win is better than any of the 3 losses

Back
Top Bottom