Official Los Angeles Dodgers Season Thread: NLCS vs Phillies

2pzxjlf.png

I know their inter-squad game is/was today. I was wondering though, when they will begin to telecast their pre-season games. I think they play Atlanta firstbut anyone have some info on this?

Where my Dodger fans at?

Many great thing to look forward to as Spring Training gets going with the first intrasquad game.

Will Andruw Jones return back to form?

Will Joe Torre man up and play the 3 best outfielders (not Juan Pierre)?

Who will start the majority of the games at 3rd base?

Will Schmidt be healthy and productive?

Discuss

I'll try to do some profiles of the roster in the coming days.

Pierre LF, Jones CF, and Kemp RF

Nomar will get the nod, but I think he will decline once again, and Torre will have to mix it up there. (I'm hoping I'm wrong though)

The starting pitching is one of the best, I think Schmidt will round up that 5th spot, and they will be dangerous.

I look forward to this season, I look forward to a more aggressive team in terms of offense, and base stealing.

50 years in L.A.
pimp.gif
Let's make some history.

Andrew Jones' PE V cleats
eek.gif

I already got up a thread inregards to the dodgers spring training / season.

But sa'll good.

And bye bye vero isn't set in stone, the dodgers haven't come to terms with glendale.

There is absolutely no justification for starting Pierre over Ethier.

None whatsoever.

Anyone care to argue that?

Originally Posted by P MAC ONE

There is absolutely no justification for starting Pierre over Ethier.

None whatsoever.

Anyone care to argue that?

I rather start Ethier, but that's the way I see it going down. No argument here
laugh.gif

What do you guys think about Furcal, with this being the final year of his contract?

He's been solid with us, but it was unfortunate he wasn't 100% healthy last year, and he still played well.

Juan in left?...maybe...kemp in right...kemp has been playin left....Ethier is a beastly back up...

1b-loney...then nomar
2b- kent....HOF?
3b-nomar...then up and coming laroche
SS- furcal...
lf- pierre
cf-ANDREW JONES
rf-kemp....ethier.....jason repko...and maybe even young

behind the plate..allstar martin

and pitching should be good this year with....

1.penny
2.lowe
3.kuroda*...new hot shot from japan ( dont no about spelling)
4.billingsly...young but a beast
5. schmit

and if someone gets hurt we picked up loaiza ...he is good too.

proctor beimal broxton brazoban...in the bullpen....

and to close it off....SAITO!!

If Furcal is healthy, there's no doubt in my mind he'll have a great season. I have no idea if the organization is going to be interested in re-signinghim after this year though. If Hu, Abreu or DeJesus look like they can do the job, then using the money elsewhere may be a good idea. That said, Kent is gonenext year and there is absolutely no way that Colletti uses two rookies up the middle on defense.

maybe its just me but i def think piere should start in LF. true he has no pop but he could steal a ton of bases, him and healthy furcal batting first and anycombo of jones, kent, loney, and kemp ill take that. if laroche is bad at 3rd and nomar is out of gas it would be alot easier to trade ethier for a 3rd. butthats just me. on another note i really wish i could have gone to vero beach i always wanted to go.

Any news on Chan Ho Park? Will he make the bench rotation?

Let's hope the team stays health. Loney/Jones will be the key for the Dodgers. ALSO let's hope we don't see Kent vs. Jones in the locker room.You know the type of politics Kent runs.

Originally Posted by jakecuevas

Park is back.....when did this happen?

I believe he was signed to a Minor League deal like a month ago. Personally, I think if anything he'll be a long reliever but never see a rotationspot unless a couple of the starters go down.

os Angeles Dodgers Spring Training Notes
February 25, 2008

ELEVEN DOWN, TWO TO GO: The Dodgers today went through their 11th workout of 2008 Spring Training, and now only two days remain until their Grapefruit League opener on Thursday against the Braves at Holman Stadium. Hiroki Kuroda highlighted the group of pitchers who threw live batting practice today. Position players worked on relay throws before taking BP.

ON THE MEND: Rehabbing right-hander Jason Schmidt is scheduled to throw a bullpen session tomorrow.

ANOTHER INTRASQUAD AFFAIR: The second intrasquad game of the spring will be played tomorrow at 11:00 a.m. ET at Holman Stadium. The pitchers scheduled to take the mound include Hong-Chih Kuo, Jon Meloan, Mario Alvarez, and Ramon Troncoso for Team Koufax, and Chan Ho Park, Justin Orenduff, James McDonald, and Rick Asadoorian for Team Drysdale.

TORRE ON THE TUBE: Joe Torre can be seen tonight on CNBC's "Conversations with Michael Eisner." The show airs at 9:00 p.m. and 12:00 midnight ET. If you can't wait until tonight, clips of Joe's interview can be found on Conversations' Web site: http://www.cnbc.com/id/15838330/site/14081545/.

WHAT A BUNCH OF LONEY!: James Loney is scheduled to conduct a live chat on Dodgers.com tomorrow at 5:00 p.m. ET.

THE X FACTOR: Xavier Paul today celebrates his 23rd birthday, and still remains the youngest player in Dodger Spring Training. The left-handed-hitting outfielder shares a birthday with Dodger trainer Rick Lembo, Dodger account exec Jared Florin, Justin Berfield of "Malcolm in the Middle" fame, basketball star Joakim Noah, actor Sean Astin, comedian Carrot Top, basketball great Kurt Rambis, and pro wrestler Ric Flair. Woooooooh!

SPRING PITCHING ROTATION: Derek Lowe and Eric Stults will get their work in during a simulated game on Wednesday. The Grapefruit League opener, a Thursday matinee against the Atlanta Braves at Holman Stadium, will feature Chad Billingsley and Jason Johnson. Then on Friday, February 29, Hiroki Kuroda is scheduled to make his spring debut at Disney World against the Braves in front of a nationwide audience on ESPN.

SECOND TOUR OF DUTY?: There are two non-roster invitees in Dodger Spring Training who are looking to make the club for their second tour with the organization. Left-hander Tom Martin donned Dodger Blue from 2003-04 before being traded to Atlanta on July 31, 2004. Right-hander Chan Ho Park, of course, played in Los Angeles from 1994-2001, winning more games (80) and throwing more innings (1183.2) than any pitcher who wore a Dodger uniform in that time. Do note that Rudy Seanez, who has a spot on the Dodger 40-man roster, pitched for Los Angeles from 1994-95, and rejoined the organization last year.

SPRING ARRIVALS: Dodger broadcasters Jaime Jarrin, Charley Steiner, and Pepe Yniguez are all scheduled to be on hand for workouts at Dodgertown beginning tomorrow. Jarrin, the Hall of Fame "Spanish voice of the Dodgers," is entering his 50th season in the Dodger organization. Legendary scout and Dodger Advisor in Latin America Ralph Avila will also arrive in Vero Beach tomorrow.

DATES TO REMEMBER
February 26 - Second Intrasquad Game
February 27 - Simulated Game
February 28 - First Spring Game (vs. Atlanta, Holman Stadium)
February 29 - First TV Game (at Atlanta, 1:05 pm on ESPN)
March 1 - Ticket On-Sale Day at Dodger Stadium
March 15-16 - Dodgers vs. Padres in China
-from Dodgers.com message boards

FrenchBlue23

I hope you have a better record this year watching dodger games..
are you going to the game in the coliseum ?

i plan on at least going to 20 games this year...

LETS GO DODGERS!
I HAVENT THINKING ABOUT THEM LATELY BECAUSE OF THE WAY THE LAKERS HAVE BEEN PLAYING BUT IM EXCITED TO SEE WHAT THIS BALL CLUB CAN DO.

I'll stay mum until the boys in blue get set to play the BoSox in the 3 game exhibition set.

It is too early to speculate and there are a lot of questions. It will be an odd spring training, being the last in Vero, and then you add the trip to Chinafollowed by games in Arizona.

I believe a trade for Ethier should be explored, his value is only going to decline if he continues to platoon. Delwyn Young and Jason Repko are good platoonguys, Ethier will just end up getting moody and unproductive. I have never been a big Andre Ethier, good bat/decent glove, but dude is a ghost in clutchsituations.

I'll wait for the ST to progress.

laugh.gif

That picture is awesome. Jones doesn't have his back foot planted.

Is he going to be in the low .200's again?

Originally Posted by badboyf0life420

FrenchBlue23

LETS GO DODGERS!
I HAVENT THINKING ABOUT THEM LATELY BECAUSE OF THE WAY THE LAKERS HAVE BEEN PLAYING BUT IM EXCITED TO SEE WHAT THIS BALL CLUB CAN DO.

laugh.gif
Geez, my record was dismal. I forgot what it was but it wasdefinitely way under .500
I have to get tickets to the coliseum game, and opening day. I over slept that saturday that tickets went on sale for the Coliseum game.
mad.gif

I'll try to make it to at least 30+ games. We should setup a NT summit, it's definitely easier to get group tickets to a baseball game, than a Lakergame.

I should shake up things a bit to get over my "jinx", I will wear the same pants, jersey, and under garments if the game I go to is a Win
tongue.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

FrenchBlue23

LETS GO DODGERS!

laugh.gif
Geez, my record was dismal. I forgot what it was but it was definitely way under .500
I have to get tickets to the coliseum game, and opening day. I over slept that saturday that tickets went on sale for the Coliseum game.
mad.gif

I'll try to make it to at least 30+ games. We should setup a NT summit, it's definitely easier to get group tickets to a baseball game, than a Laker game.

I should shake up things a bit to get over my "jinx", I will wear the same pants, jersey, and under garments if the game I go to is a Win
tongue.gif
laugh.gif

haha yeah lucky for me my cousin got them when it went on sale and managed to get 5 tickets..

how long do you think the starters will stay in since its two days before the regular season ?

pimp.gif

Tim Hudson is set to start Thursday's opener against the Dodgers, followed by rookie Jair Jurrjens, TomGlavine, Mike Hampton and rookie Jo-Jo Reyes.

I can't wait for the regular season to start.

Anyone know if Andruw will be playing on Friday? (ESPN game)

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

FrenchBlue23

LETS GO DODGERS!

laugh.gif
Geez, my record was dismal. I forgot what it was but it was definitely way under .500
mad.gif

I'll try to make it to at least 30+ games. We should setup a NT summit, it's definitely easier to get group tickets to a baseball game, than a Laker game.

tongue.gif
laugh.gif

haha yeah lucky for me my cousin got them when it went on sale and managed to get 5 tickets..

how long do you think the starters will stay in since its two days before the regular season ?

That's cool, I have to find the best deal.

I'm pretty sure the players would want to stay in just because it's a special game, Torre will want to win that game.

But I'd take them out after a couple of at bats.

Originally Posted by MFr3shM

pimp.gif

Tim Hudson is set to start Thursday's opener against the Dodgers, followed by rookie Jair Jurrjens, Tom Glavine, Mike Hampton and rookie Jo-Jo Reyes.

I can't wait for the regular season to start.

Anyone know if Andruw will be playing on Friday? (ESPN game)

i think it really depends on how he does in the workouts.....the dodgers are payin good cash so they dont want and injury's.........chances are hedoesnt play just cause it means nothing....but it is against Atlanta so maybe the opener.....

Back
Top Bottom