*Official LOST Season 4/5 Discussion Thread*

Yikes...
laugh.gif

Interesting on Charlotte... I wouldn't be surprised if it meant something because I always wondered the significance of the psychic/fake psychic.

However, one thing, they casted Charlotte this past summer, well after they chose the other actress and shot that Eko episode... rumor has it they wantedKristen Bell for the role... so the likeness factor wasn't a big thing

Originally Posted by bodyfullapolo

^^^ I'm lost...No pun intended.

smh.gif
laugh.gif

I'm on Lostpedia now...It's like Wikipedia, But more addicting because it's Lost-related.

I've been following links for a half an hour...
ohwell.gif

Doctor Ray

Lostpedia, man that site is just plain
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Spent many hours on that site.

Also, check out timelooptheory.com

Top Line - "to summon", "time to summon" or "to summon time"

In this instance, there is one word that can help us determine the way the hieroglyphic is meant to be read and unfortunately it is the only crystal clear word here.

nas - "to summon" or "to call"

Nas or "to summon" is represented by the man with the outstretched arm (see diagram above) and the reason why it is so clear is the simple fact that the word is a determinative. A determinative is the way that the Egyptians associated meaning and pronunciations to their words.

So, "to summon" by itself would appear as n (the squiggle) on top, with a and s underneath, followed by the picture of the man holding his arm over something. This may mean that the hieroglyphics here are meant to be read from right to left, but it is impossible to say which is the right direction.

ra - "time"

The word "time" is an ideograph (hieroglyphic meant to express an idea), and is represented by a circle with a dot in the middle of it. Since the hieroglyphic is somewhat obscured, we can only guess that this is what was meant to be shown.

Second Line - "Protection", "Power" or "Strength"

The second line does not have anything that could determine direction and is a combination of ideographs and phonetics. There are an infinite amount of possibilities as to what this line means, so I'll give the phonetic and idea of each hieroglyphic and let you theorize away!

hen - "master" or "priest"

Hen as a noun would translate roughly into master, but could be easily be seen as priest. This could mean the chamber is for holy men only or could be referring to the one who is control of this island?

"man with weapon" - "power", "strength", or "protection"

The second line would seem to be anchored by this hieroglyphic, because the phrase "to summon protection" would make the most sense. After Ben left the door covered in soot, smokey was right behind him. Is the chambers purpose to summon smokey?

"container" or "stone container"

This hieroglyphic is the most confusing, could this mean that summoning smokey involves some kind of container?

anx - "life"

This symbol is not an hieroglyphic, but there is a hieroglyphic extremely similar to it. The anx hieroglyphic is a cross much like the one here, but has a looped top. Again this seems to be referring to the ritual that would summon smokey, maybe giving him life or a sacrifice of life is needed to summon him?

The Whole Enchilada - "To summon protection"

The simplest translation of these hieroglyphics is "to summon protection", but there are almost endless ways they can be translated. Here are a few to get those theories flowing:

"Time to summon strength"

"To summon time protection" or "To summon time power"

"Time summons the power of life"

Well.

There you go...
laugh.gif
eek.gif

Get ready for tomorrow...3 episodes left.

This week went fast.

Wow..interesting.
This week went fast.
Yes it did.

One thing I've been curious on is if we're ever gona get a back story on Rousseau and Alex....it's not all that relevant now that they'redead..but I'm still interested.

One thing I've been curious on is if we're ever gona get a back story on Rousseau and Alex....it's not all that relevant now that they're dead..but I'm still interested.
True...The same with Libby.

The producers said they'd have to show their flashbacks through other characters.

Hopefully they get more time to do that on the 5th and 6th seasons...Writers strike shortened this season by 3 episodes.

So we get 3 extra episodes next season.

Originally Posted by allen3xis

Found this..
[font=Arial,Helvetica]the episode on a flashback for Mr. Eko. It is the episode when a girl apparently "came back to life" from drowning and Eko was seeing if it was a miracle or not. Well we find out its the psyhicic's house that Claire went to to get a reading and the daughter's name was Charlotte. I mean this episode was shot 2 years ago but it does look like it could be the same Charlotte that came to this island on the frieghter this season. Just wondering if anyone else picked up on this little nugget. If you want to know which episode it was the "Question Mark" episode of season 2.[/font]
normal_4x02-cap-374.jpg

normal_questionmark474.jpg

??????????

oh !+@*, thats a good catch right there...
eek.gif

i guess im the only one who believes that ben didnt send the smoke monster after the soldiers,but instead traveled through time to talk to widmore(the lastscene of the episode) or maybe he did both,but my money is not on him sending the smoke monster to wreak havoc

Originally Posted by dhart48

i guess im the only one who believes that ben didnt send the smoke monster after the soldiers,but instead traveled through time to talk to widmore(the last scene of the episode) or maybe he did both,but my money is not on him sending the smoke monster to wreak havoc

Hmm hadn't thought of that.

Tonight
pimp.gif

maybe when the time travel is used, it summons the black smoke as a type of penalty for using it

i guess im the only one who believes that ben didnt send the smoke monster after the soldiers,but instead traveled through time to talk to widmore(the last scene of the episode) or maybe he did both,but my money is not on him sending the smoke monster to wreak havoc

I initially thought that too but the timeline of events in the episode didn't really point in that direction. Assuming that him waking up in the desertwas him traveling in time, where did the jacket come from? and they specifically showed that he had a wound on his arm, either a cut or gun shot.. where'dthat come from? fast forward, he sees Widmore, then travels back in time, dirties himself up and meets up with everyone on the island again? doesn't addup.
EDIT: he also had bruises all over his face when he walked in. If he traveled in time then those bruises either a) never healed and he hid them when hewent to see Widmore or b) he had to knock himself around some more to show those bruises again when he got back
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by allen3xis

Found this..
[font=Arial,Helvetica]the episode on a flashback for Mr. Eko. It is the episode when a girl apparently "came back to life" from drowning and Eko was seeing if it was a miracle or not. Well we find out its the psyhicic's house that Claire went to to get a reading and the daughter's name was Charlotte. I mean this episode was shot 2 years ago but it does look like it could be the same Charlotte that came to this island on the frieghter this season. Just wondering if anyone else picked up on this little nugget. If you want to know which episode it was the "Question Mark" episode of season 2.[/font]
normal_4x02-cap-374.jpg

normal_questionmark474.jpg

??????????

nice theory, but....
in the episode in season 2, she is known as Charlotte Malkin and the freightie is Charlotte Lewis. The name thing is not a big deal, but it's also adifferent actress..
yup...the Freightie Charlotte is English, the psychic duaghter Charlotte is Australain...
-J-

Soooo... I am about to kill someone.

Just found out my apartment complex is switching cable companies. We're going from the local company we had before to DirecTV. Sweet, right?

WRONG!

THEY STARTED INSTALLING IT EARLIER THIS MORNING, AND THE CABLE'S BEEN OUT ALL DAY BECAUSE OF IT!

IT WILL MOST LIKELY BE OUT TONIGHT AS WELL, AND TOMORROW.

If I miss this freaking show... [kid rock] SOMEBODY'S GONNA FEEL THIS!! [/rock]

Can anyone here explain what happened to the Polar Bear from season 1.

Did it die or was it edplained at all?

Ive seen pretty much every episode so i dont know

Originally Posted by ArsnalJ23

I initially thought that too but the timeline of events in the episode didn't really point in that direction. Assuming that him waking up in the desert was him traveling in time, where did the jacket come from? and they specifically showed that he had a wound on his arm, either a cut or gun shot.. where'd that come from? fast forward, he sees Widmore, then travels back in time, dirties himself up and meets up with everyone on the island again? doesn't add up.
EDIT: he also had bruises all over his face when he walked in. If he traveled in time then those bruises either a) never healed and he hid them when he went to see Widmore or b) he had to knock himself around some more to show those bruises again when he got back
laugh.gif

im not saying he was time travelng the WHOLE episode,all im saying is that right when alex is shot,ben says "he changed the rules" goes into hissecret chamber and then pops back out. How do you know that the convo in the last scene wth widmore even took place during the same flashforward??? plus thewhole scene consisted of ben talking about killing widmore's daughter(penny) much like widmore did to him,Ben seemed like he had just watched her die,andhe also told widmore "you changed the rules"

Thanks, truestt and FrenchBlue23; I never knew that.

No, it's not the same, but it'll work.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Thanks, truestt and FrenchBlue23; I never knew that.

No, it's not the same, but it'll work.
smile.gif

If you end up doing that, just make sure to stay away from this thread, or you will be spoiled
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Soooo... I am about to kill someone.

Just found out my apartment complex is switching cable companies. We're going from the local company we had before to DirecTV. Sweet, right?

WRONG!

THEY STARTED INSTALLING IT EARLIER THIS MORNING, AND THE CABLE'S BEEN OUT ALL DAY BECAUSE OF IT!

IT WILL MOST LIKELY BE OUT TONIGHT AS WELL, AND TOMORROW.

If I miss this freaking show... [kid rock] SOMEBODY'S GONNA FEEL THIS!! [/rock]

SKA, don't you have an antenna? ABC is broadcast and you can get it without cable. That's how I watched a couple episodes because my cablesucks.

There are other ways to watch Lost tonight too but I'm not getting myself banned.... Tomorrow you can watch it on abc.com if you don't have theantenna.

We have an antenna stashed around here somewhere.

I wish I would have thought of that before, because it would take a couple hours to find it. We haven't used it in over 4 years, as long as we've beenon campus.
nerd.gif

And yes, the cable is still out.
eyes.gif

Guess I'll we hitting up abc.com in a little bit.

Back
Top Bottom