**Official Lupe Fiasco Thread** (LASERS March 8, 2011 // Friend of The People Coming Soon)

Lupe's is a clown and a attention *****.

I'm not going to write a paragraph on here about why, but he seriously needs to have a seat.

Wanted to post this as well:
http://hypetrak.com/2013/01/lupe-fiasco-removed-from-stage-after-anti-barack-obama-comments/

I think it questions american democracy, that something like this can be executed and personally I find it shocking and unjust to some extent.
I get what you're saying, but they didn't book him and people didn't spend hard earned cash for him to go on a political crusade. I respect how strongly he feels on these issues, but he has to know when the time is to express those feeling. You can't be holding a crowd hostage and expect it to be all good.

It's a shame, because I loved Lupe's earlier stuff. He's gone way off track with it now. He's gonna be chillin with Dave Chappelle in Africa at this pace.

EDIT: Wait...this was a show celebrating Obama's reelection?!:rofl:

This dude is a real live troll.

Last edited:
http://hypetrak.com/2013/01/lupe-fiasco-removed-from-stage-after-anti-barack-obama-comments/

I think it questions american democracy, that something like this can be executed and personally I find it shocking and unjust to some extent.

Not sure how it questions democracy, Its not like they forced him to sing a pro-Obama song. What we have here is another episode, where Lupe Fiasco tried extra hard to be edgy, different, and a revolutionist. Yes we get it Lupe, you dont want to conform and want everyone to know. But why disturb the peace? This is almost as lame as when he chose twitter as the medium to converse with Chied keef, when he could've contact him by all other means.

I get what you're saying, but they didn't book him and people didn't spend hard earned cash for him to go on a political crusade. I respect how strongly he feels on these issues, but he has to know when the time is to express those feeling. You can't be holding a crowd hostage and expect it to be all good.

It's a shame, because I loved Lupe's earlier stuff. He's gone way off track with it now. He's gonna be chillin with Dave Chappelle in Africa at this pace.

EDIT: Wait...this was a show celebrating Obama's reelection?!
roll.gif

This dude is a real live troll.
mean.gif

laugh.gif

Not sure how it questions democracy, Its not like they forced him to sing a pro-Obama song. What we have here is another episode, where Lupe Fiasco tried extra hard to be edgy, different, and a revolutionist. Yes we get it Lupe, you dont want to conform and want everyone to know. But why disturb the peace? This is almost as lame as when he chose twitter as the medium to converse with Chied keef, when he could've contact him by all other means.
What blows me is Lupe is so pressed to be revolutionary and cares so much about Palestine, yet I hear NOTHING about him being in the Chicago streets trying to stop this gang violence and bring people together.  Dude is a multi-million dollar recording artist, maybe he doesn't have the pull, but he at least knows people who have pull in the city to try to bring people together to really make a change.  But instead he's out trolling and trying to call Chief Keef out on Twttier.

.....And not to mention I haven't forgot Lupe's early rap career got funded off of heroin money. Which is why his whole "revolutionary" act seems so ridiculous to me.

He did the first verse to Words I Never Said for 20 minutes straight... Just kept repeating it. Then they cut his mic off & he still kept rapping it for 10 more minutes. Security then came on stage & he was forced to leave.

Last edited:
This dude is a cornball now.  I just can't take him serious at all.

Like others have said, I'll still rock with his older material.  But this new edgy Lupe seems so contrived and lost.  Can't even mess with him like that anymore.  

This dude is a cornball now.  I just can't take him serious at all.

Like others have said, I'll still rock with his older material.  But this new edgy Lupe seems so contrived and lost.  Can't even mess with him like that anymore.  

Lupe's is a clown and a attention *****.

I'm not going to write a paragraph on here about why, but he seriously needs to have a seat.
Agreed.

Any validity to what he says and any hope he has of making an impact is lost due to his approach.

He doesn't belong on the national stage. He belongs as a troll in the religion and race threads on NT.

If Lupe did this at a celebration in memory of Ronald Reagen or George Bush, the response would be overwhelmingly positive. Think about it.

If Lupe did this at a celebration in memory of Ronald Reagen or George Bush, the response would be overwhelmingly positive. Think about it.

I think if he do so a year or two ago yea it would be positive, but now people are just getting tired of it and rolling there eyes at lupe

SMH Im a huge Lupe fan but stunts like this are starting to make me dislike him, he tries way to hard and doesent realize theres a time and place for things like this

I could not agree more with this along with Whywesteppin's previous comments. I like his music but dude just doesn't get it....between actions like this and the quality of his music going down to griping about his label situation etc. I am just tired of it all.

Naw. We're all entitled to our opinions and I respect Lupe and his. But the time for activism isn't at inaugural-related events, regardless of who is in office.

I think at events like that, you need to just do what you're hired to do and keep it moving. Kinda like BeBe Winans and singing at the GOP convention this year. He's a Democrat and could've used that stage to voice his opinion on the GOP. But he didn't because that would've been tacky and unprofessional.

And with Lupe, the contradictions are often so glaring. So you take money to participate in an event celebrating Obama's next 4 years, then use that platform to talk ****. If he was really about that activist life, he'd boycott the event altogether. But he likes attention, so he does what he does. That's my biggest gripe with Lu now....it all seems forced like he's doing his best to be a revolutionary rebel. I have no beef with his views at all.

Nah. Either way there's a time and place for certain things. This served no purpose other than making him look like a moron.

Back
Top Bottom