**Official Lupe Fiasco Thread** (LASERS March 8, 2011 // Friend of The People Coming Soon)

Theres no way this album can be as bad as you guys are saying it is..
ohwell.gif

I'm still waiting till the 8th to listen to it. 

Guys don't let NT sway your opinions, NT hates everything. Lupe would have had to release a certified classic, to live up to NT's expectations. Let's look at this album for what it is, and that's a album that Alantic forced Lupe to do...

When I saw the Lupe thread gain so many pages I knew that there was a leak
laugh.gif
sad to read that it's weak though
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Dumbfoundead

im gonna keep it 100. this is a 2 mic album AT BEST. i wasn't expecting much because this was not the original lasers that lupe wanted to put out. atlantic made him do this. im still going to buy the album regardless to show support to lupe. *waits for Food and Liquor 2 (the real Lupe) to drop

^This Dumbfoundead the battle rapper?

Originally Posted by LBJ23navo

Theres no way this album can be as bad as you guys are saying it is..
ohwell.gif
I've heard worse than this.

Lupe is my favorite rapper but I'm kind of disappointed.
But its not as terrible as everyone says though.

Originally Posted by BigTy23

Guys don't let NT sway your opinions, NT hates everything. Lupe would have had to release a certified classic, to live up to NT's expectations. Let's look at this album for what it is, and that's a album that Alantic forced Lupe to do...
I already expect this to be a great summary right here, and I have yet to hear the album. Ensuing listening coming up soon and I'll check back in.

Originally Posted by BigTy23

I agree NT shouldn't sway your opinions at all and I feel I am an objective fan/listener who listened before reading anyone elses opinion but this album isn't good. I think the majority of objective listeners here are aware that while the album is not good the blame does not fall on Lupe. 

Yo Lupe is my ABSOLUTE favorite rapper, and second favorite musician, but this album definitely was a let down. The only track that made me go
eek.gif
pimp.gif
was beautiful lasers. I remember when I downloaded F&L I was like
eek.gif
and went out to cop the CD, and I copped The Cool the first day it came out, and both albums are still in heavy rotation to this day. However I will not be buying this album.

After everything that was built up about this album, from fans protesting, to Lupe talkin leavin the label, this was a huge let down. Not the worst album I've ever heard, but for waiting this long for this album and getting a commercial driven album is disappointing. I know Atlantic had everything to do with it, but at the end of the day we're left with this album and I now see why Lupe said he was not totally pleased with this because this is not his sound at all.

Letting Go
Words I Never Said
The Show Goes On
Beautiful Lasers
All Black Everything
Never Forget You
I'm Beaming
Shining Down
Go To Sleep

All these are cool with me.

Damn,surprised to see this reaction and seeing Lupe saying that he hates it
eek.gif
. Is it really that bad? I was really looking forward to this but it's looking like I'm gonna be disappointed 
30t6p3b.gif

If you compare this album to today's music standards it isn't that bad, it not a masterpiece either 
But if you compare this to F&L, and The Cool it is a epic failure.

Damn it's that bad?

People have this all wrong: this is what happens when you DON'T support your artists. The label takes control to make the record economically viable because Lupe's fanbase, the one his vision and songs reach, don't support him. They want to reign in people from the outside who will buy the album.

30t6p3b.gif

Me not liking the album isn't a shot at Lupe... I understand his situation. I still think he is talented.
Still... this is bad. 
frown.gif

Originally Posted by HankMoody

Damn it's that bad?

People have this all wrong: this is what happens when you DON'T support your artists. The label takes control to make the record economically viable because Lupe's fanbase, the one his vision and songs reach, don't support him. They want to reign in people from the outside who will buy the album.

30t6p3b.gif

It's not "that" bad people make it seem like it's encore or recovery 
after almost 4 years we got impatient and greedy and demanded nothing less a perfect album 

plus a couple of the what i like to call "label throw ins" have nothing once so ever to do with the LASERS message at all really rubbed us the wrong way.

As mentioned earlier as a fan i was going to buy this album but not anymore i want him to get dropped so he can create the music he wants again cuz this album was ok but it's not lupe we grew to love

Originally Posted by Flight8403

If you compare this album to today's music standards it isn't that bad, it not a masterpiece either 
But if you compare this to F&L, and The Cool it is a epic failure.
NO, this couldn't be further from the truth. If you just look at THIS COLLECTION OF MUSIC which lacks creativity, flow and structure/direction; then the album is anything but good.  And that's all it is!  If your are an objective listener you are NOT comparing it to "today's music standards" (whatever that means) or Lupe's first two albums.  You have to solely look at this collection of music and judge it....how can you fairly judge an album with a bunch of "if's"?!

What label is going to pick him up if he rushes two more albums and puts out trash that sells worst than F&L? Lupe is in a bad spot right now. And why did he sign a five album deal?

from wikipedia:
...and also he revealed that The Neptunes, Soundtrakk, Kane Beatz and The Buchanans are confirmed producers on the delayed album, which is set to be released on 8 March 2011.[19]
where are any of those guys except kane???? no soundtrakk beats???????????what just happned?

Originally Posted by qaddafi

from wikipedia:
...and also he revealed that The Neptunes,
Soundtrakk, Kane Beatz and The Buchanans are confirmed producers on the
delayed album, which is set to be released on 8 March 2011.[19]
where are any of those guys except kane???? no soundtrakk beats???????????what just happned?

the neptunes did "im beaming" which is the bonus track and the soundtrakk %@@+ prolly got cut

it's not the worst cd i've heard in my life, but it definitely disappointed me.
all of the songs sound similar to me, so there are only 3 songs that i can actually like from the album because the rest sound very alike
hopefully lupe puts out a mixtape so that we can at least get some quality music from him

songs like I'm Beaming and Go To Sleep really made me think that this album would be different than what it actually is, but i guess not
tired.gif

Originally Posted by hockeyboy20

After everything that was built up about this album, from fans protesting, to Lupe talkin leavin the label, this was a huge let down. Not the worst album I've ever heard, but for waiting this long for this album and getting a commercial driven album is disappointing. I know Atlantic had everything to do with it, but at the end of the day we're left with this album and I now see why Lupe said he was not totally pleased with this because this is not his sound at all.

this.

Back
Top Bottom