Official: Mafia III Thread: Out Now

Welcome to the family

Edit: I appreciate the opening statement from Hangar 13

Last edited:
ot it from redbox. Won't be home until the evening and the install will probably take the rest of the night.

just got mine from redbox as well. installing now.. Cant wait 
pimp.gif

Last edited:
YO HOW TF do you pass the mission where you escape the cop boats in the sewer.... **** is impossible. they keep putting the boat on fire..

So is this game trash or nah? I'm about to do my biweekly game shopping and I'm tryna decide between getting one new title or a couple cheaper ones.

If I were to say that GTAV is an 8.5/10, what is this?

Games pretty fire I might say. Hendrix on the intro and Lincoln going to work on the Haitians. I'm definitely hitting up Amazon, Lincoln looking like he might be the next CJ or Franklin.

Install was quick too, wasn't expecting that.

YO HOW TF do you pass the mission where you escape the cop boats in the sewer.... **** is impossible. they keep putting the boat on fire..
If it's one of the early, flashback missions...................
where you are doing the bank heist with Danny, Ellis, and Giorgi:
I just kept going straight and eventually had to make a slight turn to the right when the right side was blocked off. After that I kept going straight until you hit a ramp to escape.

Last edited:

up until I beat them.... which usually takes me like 2-3 days if i no life it 
laugh.gif
bruh im an idiot. My trigger stops were on for my controller and it wouldnt allow me to go faster than 40 mph 
laugh.gif

beat the mission as soon as i took off my trigger stop 

It's a fun game. Decent 3rd person action, generally responsive controls, good story, cool characters, and the ballsy historical backdrop.

It's not Uncharted 4, but I'm ****** with it for the moment.

Last edited:
Cleared out a place in free roam and then got a mission telling me to do it again like it never happened 
laugh.gif

Also killed some Dixie mafia guys in broad daylight in front of a bunch of black witnesses and none of them called the cops. One even told me I had to get out of there 
eek.gif

Last edited:
So is the game wOrth it? If not im gonna cop 2k17.
The missions are somewhat repetitive but I'm still having fun. I'd probably say rent it if you're on the fence.

On another note, been having problems with my game crashing. Think I've had like 4-5 crashes so far. Even had the game randomly close & make YouTube open.

Finally going up against the Southern Union. So far I've given all of my underbosses turf so nobody would be mad at me. Don't want to kill off any of them. Kind of curious how everybody else with the game is dividing up turf.

I gave the Irish dude, Barclays Mills, Vito got Tickfaw Harbor & Cassandra got Downtown so far. Probably give her Frisco Fields since it's where the Klan operates.

Last edited:
I wanna cop but I'm afraid of the large pre-install
U need internet to install correct?

No. You need internet to install the patch. The actual installation is on your console, assuming you have the space for it.

If you don't have internet idk if I would buy it. More and more often these AAA games come out loaded with glitches and bugs that require day 1 patches.

To homie above, yeah my **** crashed once last night too. I had fun playing last night but I for some reason feel like I should have bought 2 or 3 cheaper titles for the money instead.

Last edited:
Will post a longer explanation when I get to work, but the game is lit.

No crashes yet.

Last edited:
Welp, happy to say after 3 full days of grinding that I've finally beat the game. I love these gangster/criminal style games so I had no problem spending plenty of hours going through Mafia 3.

Here's a nice little spoiler for my people that played Mafia 2... Well it's not really a spoiler just a nice little cutscene that will happen once you beat the game:

A major character from Mafia 2 will meet with Lincoln right after you kill the final boss. Yall will have a pretty interesting conversation

Ok moving on, I will have to say that the a.i. in the game doesn't get better at all. It's basically the same ol dumb goons. Only difference is the organization they fall under & the clothes they wear. Spent most of the time just whistling nonstop til these dummies walked up to me to be sliced & diced. I will give the a.i. a little credit though. When you get into a shootout with a large group of enemies they will sometimes split up and try to attack you from different angles. If you gun down some of them, others will stay behind cover and scream out for support if you have them cornered. The enemies will also yell out to the others when you've emptied your gun/reloading in front of them.

I think the main thing I really enjoyed was the boss missions. Sure you still have these same idiots to kill, but the areas where the boss scenes take place are pretty interesting. Like I said before, there's a fun one where you fight in an amusement park, one where you're on an exploding boat & one where you have to fight your way to the top of a hotel.  I will say that the final boss mission was a huge letdown. Was expecting something better.

Soundtrack is pretty cool, but i feel like they should have added more music. After playing halfway through the game, I just decided to leave my radio on. Really wish they would have added a news station

Hated the fact that there's really nothing to do outside of the missions. There's no way to change clothes/hair (i know they said that will probably be patched in) and there's really not that many buildings to go in. The few restaurants/clubs you do get to walk in don't have anything for you to, but steal money from the cash register and first aid out the medicine cabinet. Did like that some of the bars were whites only. The owner of those bars will quickly rush you out of the building. 

Really liked the fact that you had 3 underbosses. I managed to keep all 3 of mines alive by evenly breaking up the turfs that each of them own. Everybody got their share of the pie so everybody stayed loyal to me. Only one that was really helpful though was Vito because of his perk to call in backup to assist me during a mission.

The best part of the game as well all know is the story. I love that they decided to touch on a subject that most people in general are scared to talk about. They help back no punches when it came to the racial divide that took place during those times. 

As far as graphics go, I think everything looked good except the rearview mirror & the animations that triggered during a stealth kill. 

Hated how fast time progressed in the game. it seems like night & day were only a few minutes from each other. Also wish they would have changed the months like in Mafia 2. 

One last thing. the amount of crashes I experience in this game was irritating. Only thing that kept me from being completely ticked off was how much the game would save on its own (which is good since they don't have a save game option you can select yourself). There was one time when I had saved this character during a mission and had to drive him from the bottom of the map to the middle. I got halfway there and the game just crashed on me. Luckily, the game started me right back in that spot so I didn't have to do all that driving again. 

I think I've covered most of everything. Probaby spend some time walking around the districts just to see how the characters on the street act towards Lincoln. 

So is the game wOrth it? If not im gonna cop 2k17.
The missions are somewhat repetitive but I'm still having fun. I'd probably say rent it if you're on the fence.

On another note, been having problems with my game crashing. Think I've had like 4-5 crashes so far. Even had the game randomly close & make YouTube open.

Finally going up against the Southern Union. So far I've given all of my underbosses turf so nobody would be mad at me. Don't want to kill off any of them. Kind of curious how everybody else with the game is dividing up turf.

I gave the Irish dude, Barclays Mills, Vito got Tickfaw Harbor & Cassandra got Downtown so far. Probably give her Frisco Fields since it's where the Klan operates.
I copped it. I didn't wanna wait.

I just realized you're the dude who added me on xbox before lmao

Back
Top Bottom