OFFICIAL MARCH 2011 PICK UPS POST! NO PIC QUOTES!

got it late.....but still hot for me...
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

YO!
grin.gif

I want to address something from "last month" so that there's no misunderstanding going forward.
Originally Posted by neukicks

tooth wrote:
AirAnt23 wrote:
YO!

There's a "report" function.

But snitching, though?

grin.gif

Eew.

DF!!!
using the "report function" is more like "snitching" than asking a legitimate question.  Ty was blatantly selling....  
XmAGM.jpg

Ant, "snitching"? Like Tooth said, I was simply asking a question. And like his picture said, I wouldn't have to if ya'll were too moderate the way you should, and if your going to say that, "I don't have the time", then maybe you shouldn't be doing it? But the bias towards different people isn't right. If ya'll need help, let me know. I run the internets, and I could and am willing to help make this site the best one there is out there. /rant

What I need YOU ALL to understand is that the Niketalk staff is made up of non-paid, volunteers. We are not as sophisticated or organized as some of you seem to think. We do not have designated "shifts", so to speak. The staff includes men and women who live in different time zones with varying work hours to best ensure 24 hr. moderation. HOWEVER, most (if not all) of us have jobs and other obligations that do not allow constant, down to the second moderation of the board. Things slip through the cracks; which makes the "report" function necessary and helpful. When I responded is the exact moment that I entered the thread - situation had been addressed at that point. Even if it weren't done so in a manner that I would've preferred. There was no "bias" as far as I could tell - and especially not on my part.

Also, keep in mind that we all have our own styles of moderating. I would've most likely edited Ty's post myself and sent him a p/m. There are a few members of this board who I think would agree with that because I've dealt with matters involving them in that very way. As far as "snitching" - that's my personal opinion. It was a fair question and now that I think about it, I'm guessing the Rules of Conduct portion was copied/pasted. At first glance, however, I thought it to be a bit OD.

Stay classy, Niketalk.

DF!!!

YO!
grin.gif

I want to address something from "last month" so that there's no misunderstanding going forward.
Originally Posted by neukicks

tooth wrote:
AirAnt23 wrote:
YO!

There's a "report" function.

But snitching, though?

grin.gif

Eew.

DF!!!
using the "report function" is more like "snitching" than asking a legitimate question.  Ty was blatantly selling....  
XmAGM.jpg

Ant, "snitching"? Like Tooth said, I was simply asking a question. And like his picture said, I wouldn't have to if ya'll were too moderate the way you should, and if your going to say that, "I don't have the time", then maybe you shouldn't be doing it? But the bias towards different people isn't right. If ya'll need help, let me know. I run the internets, and I could and am willing to help make this site the best one there is out there. /rant

What I need YOU ALL to understand is that the Niketalk staff is made up of non-paid, volunteers. We are not as sophisticated or organized as some of you seem to think. We do not have designated "shifts", so to speak. The staff includes men and women who live in different time zones with varying work hours to best ensure 24 hr. moderation. HOWEVER, most (if not all) of us have jobs and other obligations that do not allow constant, down to the second moderation of the board. Things slip through the cracks; which makes the "report" function necessary and helpful. When I responded is the exact moment that I entered the thread - situation had been addressed at that point. Even if it weren't done so in a manner that I would've preferred. There was no "bias" as far as I could tell - and especially not on my part.

Also, keep in mind that we all have our own styles of moderating. I would've most likely edited Ty's post myself and sent him a p/m. There are a few members of this board who I think would agree with that because I've dealt with matters involving them in that very way. As far as "snitching" - that's my personal opinion. It was a fair question and now that I think about it, I'm guessing the Rules of Conduct portion was copied/pasted. At first glance, however, I thought it to be a bit OD.

Stay classy, Niketalk.

DF!!!

Back
Top Bottom