Official Mens Suits Thread ---- Post all Questions and Tips here...

^^thank you.
And does anyone have an LV iphone 3g case? I need to know will it fit with a cover on the iphone itself.

Originally Posted by DeewLay

Originally Posted by saiyan Xtreme

-Never button all the buttons on your jacket. If its a three button, button the top two. If its a two button, button the top one only.
Here's an easy way to remember which button to button up in a 3-button suit.

Top button = Always
Middle button = Sometimes
Bottom button = Never

So remember - always, sometimes, never.
its sometimes, always, never, depending on the folding of the lapels on a 3 button

Hello all. I'm attending a wedding in a month and I'm looking for a quality slim suit, but not too pricey...is under 500 attainable? The wedding colorsare red wine, ivory, and dark brown. The bride and grooming are asking attendants to wear dressy, early spring attire. I was thinking of hitting up H & M/Zara, and then tailoring it somewhere. If anyone has any links to a slim quality suit, please share. And after i buy the suit, can I just go to some localNordstroms/Nordstrom rack and have it done there? Anyways, thanks for the advice in advanced. =)

Does anybody that wears short sleeve dress shirts over the spring or summer know where to get good ones at. It gets pretty hot in NC so I don"t want to beburning up but at the same time I don't wanna look like 8 year old which i normally do when I wear them.

I would stay away from s/s dress shirts at all cost, if anything, buy a sport shirt and just roll up the sleeves. I do it all the time.
Or go for a military style s/s short, with chest pockets and epaulette or one with plaid or stripe pattern.
Almsot any brand will have one of this or a variation of it during spring/summer, J Crew, BR, Gap, Hugo Boss, Ben Sherman, etc...
MW1010MS.jpg

MW1010MS-882.jpg

Or just wear polo.

Originally Posted by RFX45

To be honest, I hate Mens Wearhouse. Half of the sales people they have knows nothign about suits.
Ralph Lauren makes decent to great suits, it really varies.
If it is Lauren by RL, it is probably the worst suit they have. They fit horribly and can be purchased at TJ Maxx, Ross, Marshalls, etc...
I believe this is how the RL line goes when ti comes to suits:
Lauren < POLO < Black Label & Purple Label
I believe RL also has a Blue Label which would probably fall between POLO and BL & PL.

To sum it up, stay away from Men's Wearhouse. I would rather buy a suit from Banana Republic or Express.
Blue label is what everyone wears its Polo by Ralph Lauren

Just bought a suit - charcoal grey, slim fit, narrow lapel - looks a lot like the one below, and a dark purple striped skinny tie. What kind of shirt collarwould go well with this? Thanks.

00007f.jpg

Originally Posted by Grand 0ld Party

Originally Posted by DeewLay

Originally Posted by saiyan Xtreme

-Never button all the buttons on your jacket. If its a three button, button the top two. If its a two button, button the top one only.
Here's an easy way to remember which button to button up in a 3-button suit.

Top button = Always
Middle button = Sometimes
Bottom button = Never

So remember - always, sometimes, never.
its sometimes, always, never, depending on the folding of the lapels on a 3 button

I concur

What color vest would be best with a Navy blue suit? Grey, black, or navy as well?

pg2_g_jenning1_sw_576x512.jpg

I want almost the same suit as Brandon Jennings, except a thinner tie, and the shirt replaced with a grey one, how would that look?

How about a bump with some new pics?I will say a tried on a Billy London and it fit great. The in style euro/slim cut suits seem to be what's in and I was impressed for the price. Anyone else have one?

Had to bump this.

I have an event tomorrow which is formal attire. You guys think it would be okay to wear my light grey suit jacket with black slacks? I've seen it done before on others but I'm not entirely sure which setting its appropriate for.

Had to bump this.

I have an event tomorrow which is formal attire. You guys think it would be okay to wear my light grey suit jacket with black slacks? I've seen it done before on others but I'm not entirely sure which setting its appropriate for.

i think it can work as long as you stick to a white shirt, black tie and black shoes.

Back
Top Bottom