OFFICIAL @MIAMIDOLPHINS 2016 PLAYOFFS! THREAD (10-6) :::: NEXT: WILDCARD Vs @STEELERS 1:00PM EST CB

Gotta hand it to Joe Philbin, his guys fought hard in the 2nd half. Kevin Coyle's schemes, still not a fan. I don't understand what Bill Lazor is doing out there with all these routes short of the first down marker.

Pats had 3 TD drives over 75 yards before the offense threw 3 passes.

Who should I blame?

Who should I blame guys? :nerd:

:lol:

We saw something from the O today. Go no-huddle/hurry-up. Keep DVP on the field (dicey) More snaps for Ajayi and Drake. And pray Stills/Cameron can give us something. We know what we get from Landry.

The Oline played a little better. That's a good sign. Not great, but better.

The defense is trash. We know that. Have to hope the O gets stronger and stronger, start limiting the D, and making other teams one dimensional, which would help limit our mistakes.

Gase is learning from these slow starts hopefully. If he starts in no-huddle, maybe we'll start havin better results early.

Who should I blame?

We saw something from the O today. Go no-huddle/hurry-up. Keep DVP on the field (dicey) More snaps for Ajayi and Drake. And pray Stills/Cameron can give us something. We know what we get from Landry.

The defense is trash. We know that. Have to hope the O gets stronger and stronger, start limiting the D, and making other teams one dimensional, which would help limit our mistakes.

Gase is learning from these slow starts hopefully. If he starts in no-huddle, maybe we'll start havin better results early.

The tempo/sense of urgency is what makes the difference with the O. As for the defense, I cannot call it. Belichick has Miami'S number in NE. The playcalling from Josh McDaniel was brilliant when Jacoby got in the game too. Played right into Miami's aggressiveness, knowing a new QB was in the game. They also exploited the right side of the Dolphins D with continuous sweeps, made no sense.

This defense is 100% built to play with a lead.

Which they will if they continue with the no huddle. Seems like with both hafltime adjustments they've figured out this offense. RT has no running backs... get everyone involved in the passing game, continue with the quick pass + sceeens in substitute of running the ball.

Unless Jay or the Rook can figure it out.

Mark my words, we hired another coach with no experience, same results. I wish we went with experience.

Who should I blame?

I thought Gase was a whiz? Why did it take getting probed around back for the team to start that? 7-0 okay, get the ball and start doing that. Don't wait until 21-0 to make changes. That's Joe Philbin football. The QB looked like he did under Sherman/Lazor in the first half and you won't admit that.

Last edited:
We played two of the tougher games on our schedule, the rest of the schedule is much more feasible. I'm optimistic we can turn things around these next couple games.

Mark my words, we hired another coach with no experience, same results. I wish we went with experience.

Who should I blame?

I thought Gase was a whiz? Why did it take getting probed around back for the team to start that? 7-0 okay, get the ball and start doing that. Don't wait until 21-0 to make changes. That's Joe Philbin football. The QB looked like he did under Sherman/Lazor in the first half and you won't admit that.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

NFL coaching, N-F-L coaching, "why can't you turn it around when it's 7-0?"

With your new team.

:rofl: :rofl:

NFL coaching, N-F-L coaching, "why can't you turn it around when it's 7-0?"

With your new team.

:rofl: :rofl:

:lol: If we had beat Seattle last week (which we should've), and beat Jimmy G (which we should've) you would've been throwing a parade on here for your QB whisperer. Nah g, you don't get to pick and choose

Admit he came into this week with Philbin-esque prepping and coaching, and if Jimmy G doesn't get hurt, it's 35-0 at halftime.

U. N. A. C. C. E. P. T. A. B. L. E.

I forget every year how stupid your takes get.

Whatever keeps you quiet man. :lol:

Yes, no, maybe, probably, whatever answer you need. :lol:

View media item 2171364
Guys made plays today, much better, but I am REALLY tired of two handed drops. I get tough throws, poor throws, dives, reaching, etc, but when a throw hits BOTH of your hands...... **** man. Catch it.

QB's have 2 billion responsibilities every play, receivers have one job, catch the ball. That's if it hits just one hand. Two hands should be automatic.

Offense functions much better when drops don't stall/finish drives.

That said, Cameron actually had a decent game after Q1. His TD tho....that literally stuck in his stomach. :lol:

Last edited:
Everyone ready for this?????

Ryan Tannehill has attempted TWO passes at the 12:27 mark of the second quarter. One sailed wide as he got hit, the other dropped by Cameron.

2 pass attempts, 12:27 in Q2 when he's about to throw his next pass.......

It is 21-0 New England.

Patriots 3 touchdowns
Dolphins 2 pass attempts

Are we learning yet? :lol:

Anyone read the Fox article on Tannehill?

Makes me question if he even watched the game.

This dude is ridiculously tough. He has been hit an ungodly amount of times on the field. Then he takes a ton of hits off the field... I've never once seen him complain, flinch, or get scared. 300+ pound me play after play running full speed to take you out...

Dude deserves so much better from an organization.

Ryan Tannehill has attempted TWO passes at the 12:27 mark of the second quarter. One sailed wide as he got hit, the other dropped by Cameron.

It is 21-0 New England.

Patriots 3 touchdowns
Dolphins 2 pass attempts

I feel like we were too busy attempting 2 yard rushes to open up the playbook down early. Is that coaching or nah?

It is 21-0 New England.

Patriots 3 touchdowns
Dolphins 2 pass attempts

I feel like we were too busy attempting 2 yard rushes to open up the playbook down early. Is that coaching or nah?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :smh:

If we lose to the Browns at home next week, I don't know what else to say. This team has to win. If not, we might as well rename this the Dolphins 2017 Draft discussion thread

Anyone read the Fox article on Tannehill?

Makes me question if he even watched the game.

This dude is ridiculously tough. He has been hit an ungodly amount of times on the field. Then he takes a ton of hits off the field... I've never once seen him complain, flinch, or get scared. 300+ pound me play after play running full speed to take you out...

Dude deserves so much better from an organization.

I'm over it. People are effing idiots. Tannehill had the highest PFF rating of any Dolphin yesterday. Aside from Kiko, he's the reason why the Phins had a shot at winning.

Since he had nothing in the first quarter, he basically put up over 420 yards in just under 3 quarters. And he was just a tad more air under his final pass from DVP having a real shot. :smh:

We should definitely get rid of him and pick up a rookie tho, that will "help" this franchise. :lol:

Not sure if we're starting to see it, but maybe, just maybe........

DVP last 7 games actually played.....

4-80-1 TD vs Jets
3-63-1 TD vs Ravens
2-16-0 vs Giants
4-87-0 vs Chargers
4-93-0 vs Colts
5-106-1 TD vs Patriots
8-106-0 vs Patriots

:nerd:

Stay healthy kid. You actually do **** when you on the field.

Pat Thorman ‏@Pat_Thorman 4h4 hours ago
Tannehill after huddles Week 2:
57% comp, 6.9 YPA, 2 INT, 38.7 passer rating

From no-huddle:
83% comp, 10.2 YPA, 2 TD, 137.0 passer rating

We should never huddle again.

The author of that Fox Sports article is a doofus. Tannehill did all he could yesterday. Pats fans were praising him in the NFL Discussion thread, not even finnns could find a way to slander him.

Yes he could. He was on Twitter. :lol:

:lol: if you take my tweets seriously, dude I even trolled Omar yesterday

Anyways, Browns are starting a ROOKIE QB this Sunday. This has to have win written all over it, or sign me up for a top 3 draft pick.

All your takes, all your tweets, all your everything is always the same. Don't hide under someone's skirt now. :smh:

Gase Getting Everything Right, Except the Record

The first-year Dolphins head coach is getting improved play out of Ryan Tannehill and has pushed the right buttons as a play-caller. But in a bottom-line business, that’s not nearly enough

After just two weeks, Adam Gase is intimately familiar with the brutal assault that NFL head coaching can put on your emotions. For Gase’s Dolphins, two games on the road against legitimate Super Bowl contenders (Seattle and New England) have resulted in an 0-2 record that, with a different bounce here and different roll there, could very well have been 2-0.

It’s not just that Gase’s Dolphins have lost. It’s that they’ve lost despite the fact that their offense—his offense, the one Gase was hired to transform—has played well. Or, at least they’ve played much better than what meets the eye. Sunday in Foxboro, Gase’s quarterbacking reclamation project, Ryan Tannehill, was 22 of 27 for 273 yards and two touchdowns in the second half. Playing mostly from a no-huddle, Tannehill figured out the Patriots’ matchup coverages and caught fire working the deep-intermediate levels from within the pocket. Highlights included near-perfect balls against man coverage on a 24-yard touchdown to Kenny Stills, a 33-yard slot wheel route to Jarvis Landry to convert third-and-1 and, best of all, on a tight-window 12-yard touchdown strike to Jordan Cameron against red-zone Cover 4 (the most congested zone coverage in football).

To be fair, Tannehill was playing from behind throughout all of this in part because the Dolphins’ offense produced a smorgasbord of mistakes in the first half. That included an awful interception where Tannehill failed to read linebacker Jamie Collins in the shallow free-defender spot that Collins occupies in so many of New England’s coverages. (Compounding the mistake was that defensive end Chris Long beat right tackle Ja’Wuan James to hit Tannehill on his release.) But all in all, and given the second half dominance, Gase’s offense played well enough to win on Sunday.

For Gase personally, the loss at Seattle the week before was probably even worse. In that one, the Dolphins just barely failed to execute in a handful of crucial situations where the gameplan and strategy had won. No example was more egregious than the would-be 71-yard touchdown that Kenny Stills dropped. It wasn’t just that Stills got open and didn’t make the play. It’s that he got open on a gutsy call that Gase has presumably been sitting on for years. One of Gase’s regrets from his Super Bowl 48 loss to Seattle, when Gase was Denver’s offensive coordinator, is that he had a handful of brilliant deep-shot plays out of empty backfield formations that he knew would out-leverage Seattle’s foundational matchup Cover 3… but he didn’t trust his pass protection enough to call them. The next year, in the Broncos’ late comeback attempt at Seattle in Week 3, Gase did dial some of these up, and they yielded an Emmanuel Sanders 42-yarder and Jacob Tamme 26-yard touchdown that helped nearly create a miracle win.

In his first game as Miami’s head coach, Gase called another of these empty set deep shots on the Stills play. It was a considerable risk because Miami’s O-line was playing a rookie at left guard (Laremy Tunsil) and an inexperienced backup at center (Anthony Steen, in for an injured Mike Pouncey). Seattle’s front four was clearly the more explosive unit. Almost all empty formations involve quick passes because, with no one but the QB in the backfield, there’s no one to help the O-line in protection. But what Gase knew was: against empty formations, the Seahawks (in an effort to take away those quick passes) like to rush three and drop eight into coverage, with a defensive lineman stepping back into the shallow crossing lanes. (The Seahawks had done this very successfully against Gase’s Broncos in the Super Bowl.) With five blockers handling three rushers, there’d be time for Dolphins receivers to get downfield on the vertical routes that Seattle’s Cover 3 was inherently weak against. And that’s exactly what happened. Only Stills dropped the ball.

It’s one play, yes. But it’s a play Gase had probably been anticipating ever since learning back in spring that his new team would open the season at Seattle. The fact that he had a handful of similarly aggressive Cover 3 beaters in that game that also, for a variety of reasons, produced nothing makes it all the more painful.

Just like the pain one feels flying out of Massachusetts already down, essentially, 2 ½ games in the division after your offense dominated a fine-tuned defense in the second half. Until the Dolphins win, no one will notice how well Gase’s system is working and how comfortable Tannehill, his pet project, looks running it. In fact, talk radio hosts are more likely to yap about the young coach being in over his head. Welcome to NFL head coaching, Adam Gase. It’s the most bottom-line driven job in America.

Back
Top Bottom