OFFICIAL @MIAMIDOLPHINS 2016 PLAYOFFS! THREAD (10-6) :::: NEXT: WILDCARD Vs @STEELERS 1:00PM EST CB

Needs = OG, DE, CB, LB, S, DT.

DC could be Fangio, or Joseph from Cincy.

IF, you cut bait on Jennings/Cameron, you could take their money and give to OG Osemele.
Then maybe re-sign Miller.
Let OV walk, and go Def heavy in draft.

DE
CB
CB
LB
S
DT
LB

Possible to be a top 15-20 defense (average to below average)
And with better Oline, better play calling, possible top 10 offense. 250+ touches for Miller, fewer sacks on Tannehill, etc.

Not easy, but not impossible to pull this off either.

But, do that, and in year two as all those rookies develop, you can add 2-3 more the next year and try to create a young, hungry, aggressive defense around Suh/Jones.

Meanwhile, Gase works with O with improved Oline, RT, Miller, Ajayi, Landry, DVP, Stills, Sims etc.

Needs = OG, DE, CB, LB, S, DT.

DC could be Fangio, or Joseph from Cincy.

IF, you cut bait on Jennings/Cameron, you could take their money and give to OG Osemele.
Then maybe re-sign Miller.
Let OV walk, and go Def heavy in draft.

DE
CB
CB
LB
S
DT
LB

Possible to be a top 15-20 defense (average to below average)
And with better Oline, better play calling, possible top 10 offense. 250+ touches for Miller, fewer sacks on Tannehill, etc.

Not easy, but not impossible to pull this off either.

But, do that, and in year two as all those rookies develop, you can add 2-3 more the next year and try to create a young, hungry, aggressive defense around Suh/Jones.

Meanwhile, Gase works with O with improved Oline, RT, Miller, Ajayi, Landry, DVP, Stills, Sims etc.

Agree with most of what you said, except letting OV walk. OV was one of the most productive players on our D. I thinking we can draft a DE considering best available talent 2~4 round. We have to draft talent this time around. Guys who can contribute.

OV helps pass rush, but poor at setting edge. Part of why we been terrible stopping run the last 2 years. He's too lite. So saving the money, drafting bigger/heavier type could help replace him, improve run D, AND save money for other spots. (Like Miller maybe)

Just my opinion tho. Maybe they'll pay OV and let Miller walk.

I'd rather let OV walk imo, for various reasons.

But more so because Miller has no holes in his game. He has power when needed, speed, can catch out of the backfield, pass block, and can be the difference between a win and a loss. Obviously I'm a big LM fan.

Lol at Omar being called out by other writers this morning. Shocker. This guy man...

I saw it too... left it alone. lol.
Found it more comical other writers getting at his neck.

I know almost next to nothing about this Gase guy aside from his Broncos and Bears stop.

Knowing the Dolphins luck, it's all going to go horribly wrong
laugh.gif

At least we will be a first class organization off the field.

Benjamin Allbright ‏@AllbrightNFL
There's this AFC East beat writer who I consistently wonder how he keeps his job. Always with an agenda against a specific group of people.

I know almost next to nothing about this Gase guy aside from his Broncos and Bears stop.

Knowing the Dolphins luck, it's all going to go horribly wrong :lol:

At least we will be a first class organization off the field.

There is plenty out there to read up on his entire background. CP posted something that is a good read up. BR has a bunch there.
A lot of people and teams rave about him.
Knowing the Dolphins it will all get f-cked up.
Now that the HC/GM is done I'm looking to see who the assistants (DC) will be.
Then onto Free Agency.

Gase has worked with Saban, Mariucci, Fox, Martz, McDaniels.

Started coaching at 18. He's 37 now. Meaning he's been a coach for 19 years, and is still the youngest HC in the NFL.

He's not related to just one coaching tree. He's tied to several branches.

He changes gameplans week to week to exploit mismatches and play to weaknesses. Poor run D, Miller. Poor secondary, RT. He attacks, none of that Philbin queasy ****.

Only thing we don't know yet, can he fill a staff and use his TO's, challenges, go for it on 4th down, blitz, etc. Aggression.

If he doesn't call timeouts in the 4th quarter for the other teams' offense, he's already infinitely better than Joe. :lol:

This is the thing that irritates me to no end... if the Dolphins were close, then sure. Be confident and say what you want. But when you've had a decade of losing or being super mediocre how about get a winning season + playoffs before stating the Dolphins will win multiple titles.

View media item 1864755

Ross is like Omar: stupid. :lol:

Omar just said the defense can be fixed with new DT, MLB, Safety and keep Wake/OV.

Not one cornerback needed, apparently. :lol: This ******* guy writes about football, and didn't list a single CB as a need. :rofl:

People are tweeting ME about his BS. Maaaaaan.... :lol:

I mean what he actually said wasn't THAT bad.... but it just rubs me the wrong way.

I hear ya. At this point I don't want a cheerleader rah rah guy, I want an owner that says flat out, we've failed, but we are workin our ***** off to get this right. We feel Gase is the first step in that direction.

Boom. Sold. Happy. I'm with ya Ross.

You sayin multiple Super Bowls & **** just makes me :rolleyes

Boom. Bingo.
Head meet Nail.

Let's not forget "we believe we have the next Don Shula"... and now it's "Multiple titles"...

Learn... f-cking learn.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've always had the same beef with Omar. I often wonder if he even like the Phins. Time to get him and Miko away from this organization.

They're not he problem. But their energy isn't a part of the solution. To usher in a winning environment, everyone has to been bought in...it's time for Miami to push him out as a beat writer. And I usually like to uplift brothers, but if you suck at your job, you suck,

He doesn't like them. Vividly recall him saying as such... "it's not his job to like and root for the dolphins. It's his job to report what he sees."

Something along those lines.

On the flip side i wouldn't want a skip bayless/cowboys talk either.

The worst of it though is his negativity. He is the loudest so of course he gets heard more. Then he brought on and chopped it up with Miko who, like Omar, is so f-cking negative.

Huge difference between telling the truth and what's going on... EVERYTHING going on. Or being negative and having an agenda.

Last edited by a moderator:
He doesn't report what he sees either. He just runs his gums.

When has he ever broke a story? Anyone remember one?????

Barry, Mando, Abrahmson (SP) run circles around dude.

As you guys know, finnnns and I go back and forth all the time. We disagree on things and bicker like broads all the time. Y’all know that. This is going to be me tryin to get him to see the point I try to make to him all the time. ALL the time. In here, or on Twitter, etc.

Go back to 2012.
Now think about Jameis and Mariota right now.

You get a new rookie QB, what’s your job? “Build around him”

Right?

We all get that.

Here’s what Miami did.

They hired Joe Philbin, and Mike Sherman. Sherman being Ryan’s old college coach. That’s building “around” him, right? Usin his college coach to help him thru the NFL.

One problem.

Joe Philbin didn’t believe in Ryan, and wanted him out after TWO YEARS. He wanted Derek Carr at 19 in the 2014 Draft. TWO. YEARS. Joe Philbin didn’t trust him.

(now the part for finnnnns to understand.)

I get it, if you’re a damn great coach, you don’t see it with Ryan. If you’re Bill Belichick and you don’t see it, ok, I believe you. If you’re Andy Reid, ok, I believe you.

But you’re Joe Philbin. You keep playing Dallas ****ing Thomas. Daniel Thomas. Jamar Taylor. Damien Williams. Philip Wheeler. Jonathan Martin. Jason Fox. Brandon Gibson (???)

But you traded Brandon Marshall, Vontae Davis, and can’t figure out how to use the #8 (RT)and #3 (Dion Jordan) picks, or Lamar Miller? What in the mother ****? :lol:

That’s where you lose me coach.

So, what do the Dolphins do? They force Philbin to “fix it”, so he fires Sherman. But then demands Carr. The Phins say no, and draft Ja’Wuan James, and Jarvis Landry.

Philbin wanted to can the QB after TWO years, so he could draft another? Why? So he could fire that QB after 2 years? You’re the coach, your job is to get that kid ready to go, EVERY WEEK.

Philbin said he felt “queasy” givin Ryan the ball against Green Bay. Remember that? So he had Ryan hand it off, and then punt. Then with Rodgers driving, and the clock running, and no timeouts, PHILBIN called timeout, TWIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICE. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

4 years. Ryan doesn’t have a Julio, Megatron, AJ Green type, he doesn’t have a Gronk or Jimmy Graham, he doesn’t have a Lynch, or AP, or an Andy Reid, or a Bruce Arians. And most important, he has one of the worst OLines in the sport.

He had good talent. Landry, DVP (for 5 whole games) Miller, Wallace, etc. They’ve gotten him good talent. But not one other single franchise player at another position. NONE. Peyton had Marvin Harrison, Edge, Reggie Wayne 3 years into his career. :lol:

So I’m askin you, all of you, did the Miami Dolphins “build around” their QB?

So, the point of all this, Omar may or may not say some things that are correct. But then he says things like Dallas Thomas can play, or Damien Williams is great, or Daniel Thomas is awesome in practice, Leggedu Nanee, etc. I’m supposed to believe that dude?
You can say that Ryan hasn’t been great, or that others have been better than him, but you can’t say that’s he had “every opportunity” that others have had. Because he hasn’t.
You can say Gase is “risky”, but you CAN NOT lump him in with Philbin, or Sparano, etc. Because he is not them. Even if he fails, miserably, he is still not them. He’s learned under completely different people. Gase has done more, and shown more than Philbin or Sparano ever did.
You can say that Gase is a good hire, and still be critical of Tannenbaum. (Or Ross)

The thing I get on finnnnnnnnnnns for, is he says Ross sucks, Tannenbaum sucks, Grier sucks, Tannehill sucks, Miller sucks, the Oline sucks, the defense sucks, the cheerleaders suck, etc etc etc etc. No. You can’t lump every person in. Speak to the specifics of the problem, and offer the solutions to those problems, not just rumble about everything is doomed, before it even happens. I was happy to get Lazor, thinking he would be a great help. Half way thru, I noticed he wasn’t helping at all, and I stopped supporting, and started calling out. But you don’t just call him a failure the day he gets hired. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Make sense. Understand options, reasons, backgrounds, view all angles.

I’ll let you in on a little secret. I knew about Gase 2-3 weeks ago. I know someone with inside knowledge, and he put me onto Gase WEEKS AGO. So I studied. And I love what he’s done, to this point. He might fail big time in Miami. But after everything I have seen, would it ALL be his fault? You all know damn well there’s more to it than that. Ryan has to be given the right pieces to succeed. Same for Gase. Same for asking a GM to fix everything, but the owner gives him no money to spend. Kinda hard to fix stuff, ain’t it?

Gase himself should be really good. BUT, he needs to lock down some damn good coaches to help him, and work with him, and teach these players the right way to ball. No more God damn 3rd and 15 conversions, or throwing on 3rd and inches, or running our star RB 8 times in an entire game, etc. Fix those kind of things, and the Dolphins would win so many more games. We forever get in our own damn way. That’s what Gase can help fix. Mental errors. Pre snap penalties. Timeouts on defense (????? :lol: ) Special Teams errors. Field position gaffes. :smh: Fix that stuff, just that stuff, and we see an extra win or two. Coach the talent better, call better plays, attack other team weaknesses, that’s another win or two. Then, if we get greedy, teach the young guys to play DAY ONE, and make them useful, like so many other teams, and that might get an extra win. Suddenly, 6 wins, becomes 9-10-11 wins.

My guess? He will fix SOME of the errors, but not every area. Maybe he helps Ryan, and Miller, but can’t get the Oline and Def fixed right away. Maybe next year he fixes the Oline, but Def still behind a little. As long as he makes progress, and the team makes progress, then you can work to strengthen your weaknesses, and improve from there. It won’t happen overnight. Finnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnns and everyone else needs to understand that.

Back
Top Bottom