Official Minnesota Timberwolves 2012 Off-Season Thread ... Andrei Kirilenko signed for 2 years/20 mi

Well.....I don't know about this
laugh.gif

Anybody else going to the game?

I got 2nd row tickets, lower level
pimp.gif

About to get there earllly
JerryZgoda Jerry Zgoda
I tweeted the likely starting lineup earlier. Here's my best guess for finishing 5: RIcky, JJ, Beasley, Love and A.T. or DWill

JerryZgoda Jerry Zgoda
KLove today: "Our defense has been awesome in practice. We think we can hold teams this year far under what we did last year."

My thoughts from the NBA Season Thread:
Originally Posted by JPZx

Went to the T'Wolves/Thunder game!
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

Idk if you were there Hood, but we were the dudes wearing the "DARKO" tees.

Played really competitive, lets be real: when you shoot as poorly from the field as the Wolves did, the Thunder only miss one free throw, and we're STILL in it for the last shot at the end of the game, that's a precursor for good things to come.
glasses.gif

Rubio, Barea, Darko, and Tolliver all played great.
pimp.gif

Love was just okay despite having a decent statline. If you watched the game, you felt like there was so much rust there. Beasley was just chucking the entire time, bigger chuck than Costanza.

Wes Johnson and Luke Ridnour. %##* you.
30t6p3b.gif

Milwaukee tomorrow, gotta bounce back.

Terry Porter is coaching tonight (Adelman has to attend his mother-in-law's funeral). Wondering how the team will do on the first back-to-back of many to come.

Illinois/Gophers tonight and Wolves/Bucks, I want to watch them both. Don't know how I'm going to do this.
laugh.gif

I want to see Beasley go to a hook more in the post from now on. Don't like him fading really.

Tonight should be good.

Am I the only one that feels we have to move Wes for a pure shooter now? Darko is confusing but man I like when someone try's to get tough with him and he goes on this FU mode or whatever that he did with Perk
laugh.gif

Rubio 
eek.gif

laugh.gif

Was at the bar watching, the place was going bananas after dude's passes.

I was beyond impressed. What an entertaining game for the few of us Wolves fans.

Lower level tickets for Heat game Friday oh yeah
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by HOOD17

I want to see Beasley go to a hook more in the post from now on. Don't like him fading really.

Tonight should be good.

Am I the only one that feels we have to move Wes for a pure shooter now? Darko is confusing but man I like when someone try's to get tough with him and he goes on this FU mode or whatever that he did with Perk
laugh.gif
In my opinion, it is way too early to talk about moving wes, I didn't get a chance to see him play last night (only saw 4th) but the games I have been too, I can certainly see flashes of amazing (not just good) Athletic ability, and a nice jumper. I throw out any season a player has to play under Rambis. What an imbecile. 
Anyone else notice the obvious difference in coaching styles? It seemed like last year, Rambis always would take out Wes as soon as he got hot, nice to see Adleman subbing correctly, the five that ended the game were the exact 5 that should have last night.

To play Kahn game for a second, I would def package Ridnour with Bease to upgrade with a pure shooter.  If you are going to play barea and rubio together, (Which it looks like they will 
pimp.gif
) then you still need a backup pg.

I feel like we can't move Beasley yet, because no matter the aggravation the chucking causes us, he is our obvious no exception "go-to guy". He's one of the only players on this team that can create their own shot.

I don't know what to think about Wes... except for the fact that every time I look at his stupid face I think of DeMarcus Cousins and get pissed off.

We need this win tonight. The quality of opponents in this stretch of games is brutal... and we need to beat Milwaukee despite it being a road game.

I agree on Beasley. For how much I don't really want him around in the near future (if we are going to start taking ourselves seriously as a decent team) I also know 20 PPG scorers don't grow on trees and he also is the only one right now who can create his own shot. And Zgoda has said several times he has been torching DWilliams in practice thus far.

Still, he's not a guy we are going to want to give a large contract to.  And that's coming up REAL soon.

Kahn has really took to helping Beasley out and the Wolves being the team he has some awakening for...so he has a longer leash here. I'm just not ever seeing it. You got him for a bag of balls....you can move him for a loss. Sometimes things are addition by subtraction especially when you are factoring in contracts.

Wes Johnson does nothing for me. That's not to say he can't eventually be decent. But the NBA is full of Wes Johnsons and I think for this guy to really have a mark in the league he is going to have to become either a cutthroat shooter off the bench (not seein it) or a defender (not seein it). Wes certainly is not a negative and also needs some time under Adelman...but I don't see much yet.

I agree, we need this win tonight. Should be fun to watch again.

Can't get off work soon enough...Hard to remember me being so excited for the Wolves. It's been awhile.

I'm rooting for you guys to go far this season. Very exciting team.

After watching the past two games, I think Barea or Rubio should start over Luke. Beasley also needs to be benched as soon as he starts jacking up shots. The offense looks so much better without Supercool Beas in the line up.

It ain't gettin any easier comin up either guys 
laugh.gif

Dec 30 vs. HEAT
Jan 1 vs. MAVERICKS
Jan 2 vs. SPURS
Jan 4 vs. GRIZZLIES

Side note, once the Wolves got home late last night after the Bucks game they won't have another road game until JANUARY 8th (12 days).  Good grief.

Gotta continue to just keep getting better collectively regardless of the losses in the column that are likely coming

I have watched both T-Wolves games this year and my hope is that Adelman just says %#*% it and puts Pretty Ricky in the starting lineup and tells Ridnour to take a seat. I also dont like how Rubio appears to be deferring to Barea.

Rubio has a lot to learn, that's why. I don't mind Ridnour being in the starting lineup because I know it's only temporary. Adelman knows what he's doing.

Last night, Rubio passed up quite a few open shots and forced some passes the ended up as turnovers. Until he starts developing his jumpshot and taking those open shots then he doesn't deserve to start in my opinion. He shows great flashes of passing and getting to the hoop, but you can't teach confidence in shooting a jumper.

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

Yes but the team stinks and he needs to learn getting major minutes.

End of story.
Rubio is the future, so why start Luke? For Leadership? 
laugh.gif
 For W's? 
roll.gif

It's only game 2, but I'll be a little more bothered if this is the case 10 games from now.

Jerry Zgoda (Timberwolves beat writer for the Star Tribune) said Luke may be replaced in a week so I guess we all gotta look forward to that. Not sure I place much credibility into what Zgoda says anyhow though.

REALLY hoping Barea's injury is nothing serious. That would be a devastating loss. Dude's such a positive pest.

Back
Top Bottom