Official Minnesota Vikings Offseason Vol: IT WAS NOT FAVRES FAULT.

LOL @ the volume.

It might be not be all of Favre's fault. But his decision at the end there was absolutely ridiculous. You guys were in a position to win.....and he does what he usually does in games of this magnitude......and decides he can do things his own way. You live by that gun; you also die by that gun. It just comes to critical errors at critical times. And the man is prone to doing it repeatedly.....oh well....it's water under the bridge now.

Good season Vikings. GB will ready for you guys next year.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by i LyricaLJKilla i

LOL @ the volume.

It might be not be all of Favre's fault. But his decision at the end there was absolutely ridiculous. You guys were in a position to win.....and he does what he usually does in games of this magnitude......and decides he can do things his own way. You live by that gun; you also die by that gun. It just comes to critical errors at critical times. And the man is prone to doing it repeatedly.....oh well....it's water under the bridge now.

Good season Vikings. GB will ready for you guys next year.
smile.gif

Appreciate it. I just hope we win one before you guys get another. Rodgers is definitely winning one in his career, and to anyone questioning the Packers about Favre and Rodgers. They made the right decision. Going with the younger player, he is already almost an equal to Favre with an enormous amount of upside. And I'm not taking away from Favre, he played outstanding for us and I am grateful having seen him more than 2 games a year this season...

COME ON AD. Any other RB would've been benched. Dude has his best TD performance in a playoff game while SIMULTANEOUSLY HAVING HIS WORST GAME AS A PRO. Sheesh.

Correct me if im wrong, but doesnt he have like a $16 Million dollar option on the table? That may persuade him to come back...
nerd.gif

I hope hope hope he gives it one more year. He was so friggin close. And he comes to NE next year to the play the Pats and I wanna go see it.
smile.gif

Good stuff nnarum.

AR-12 still has some things to work on himself, but I feel fairly confident with him and the decision as well.

Trust....Favre has had his magical moments this year...and true, you guys wouldn't have gotten that far without him....(thanks for lighting our squad up twice old man)....but it's becoming to the point where....he does all these amazing things just to make that ONE crucial mistake.

And word. You guys had a turnover bonanza today that definitely didn't make it any easier on Favre. But being the legend he is, he has to realize he is carrying the team solely on his back at that point in the game. It's just frustrating. And it's crazy seeing another squad's fans suffer the same thing us GB fans have dealt with.

All in all, Favre is still that dude. But he needs to just eliminate that ONE crucial mistake he always seems to make in dire situations.

AND WORD. AP was atrocious. He should be forced to carry a football all offseason. even in his sleep. if he wakes up and the ball is not in his hands, son needs to do laps around Minneapolis.

They need to bring Favre back and draft one of the QB's from this years draft class in order to groom him.

Colt McCoy?  He is a possible late first round, mid second round pick.

Jackson is not the answer.

^You think Colt will be there? I was hoping we could get Cody from Bama. Pat Williams 2.0. I would also be happy with drafting a db, trade up for Berry maybe? Just really frustrated right now...

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

They need to bring Favre back and draft one of the QB's from this years draft class in order to groom him.

If someone drafts Colt in the 1st round they should be fired ASAP.

To be honest... he might not have fumbled the ball on the 1 yard line but...

throwing a pick with 19 seconds left on the clock w/ 1 time out what hes going to be remember for this year.

You ol' son of a gun... didn't even give longwell a chance.

And IMO, he made a bad decision, reap what you sow.

You remember the last time a QB was drafted and was supposed to be groomed under Favre ?
sick.gif

Not a Likely scenario

I don't know about McCoy but they do need to draft a young QB because when Favre leaves (whether it's this year or next) you do NOT want Tarvaris running that offense.

If Favre decides to retire for good...

donovan-mcnabb.jpg

-Clayton apparently reported sometime post-Eagles loss two weeks ago that he will be seriously shopped during the off-season.
-Knows Childress well from their times in Philadelphia together.
-Would be another stop-gap QB and delaying the inevitable of going after a long-term solution, but I've had enough of T-Jack.
-Problem is...he doesn't throw the slant particularly well (essential to the West Coast offense) and he gets injured a fair share.

I have way more to say in the future concerning everything Vikings, but that's it for now.

Vikings pissed me off today....the ball was oiled up before they recieved posession or something.

If I was a Vikings fan, I would want either Favre back or a QB who will be my franchise QB.

The Jets failed with Favre (due to injury, but that's besides the point) and then proceeded to draft Sanchez, who is only going to get better. Vikings would be smart to draft a QB for the long-term.

Man, I wanted to see favre go to the super bowl!

I mean he is one of the greatest QB to play this game.

SC415 wrote:
Man, I wanted to see favre go to the super bowl!

I mean he is one of the greatest QB to play this game.

And he didn't blow it, who ever was the extra men in the huddle blew it. They would have never thrown the ball if it wasn't for those 5 yards.

LOL, how can you say it wasn't Favre's fault? He gave up the turnover, plain and simple. He could have tucked it and ran or god forbid THROW IT AWAY...

I hope Favre retires for good because I'm sick of hearing about him but that wasn't all his fault, even though he made a huge mistake. Chances are the field goal might not have went in anyway, I didn't like the Vikings' playcalling at the end (for the Vikings' sake) by rushing it on the first two downs, gotta be a bit more aggressive especially when you're not really in FG territory yet. Just my opinion.

Still hate Favre, but he proved people wrong this year, including me...but the interceptions are vintage Favre.

Back
Top Bottom