OFFICIAL Minnesota Vikings Season Thread: Bummer dudes.

Now that we know Favre isn't coming back, the season is set to begin with this squad.

Jackson vs. Rosenfels. This is Jackson's job to lose.

No more game games and hoopla. Let's get it.

Preseason schedule:

P1 Aug 14 MIN @ IND Lucas Oil Stadium 7:30 PM

P2 Aug 21 KC @ MIN Hubert H. Humphrey Metrodome 8:00 PM

P3 Aug 31 MIN @ HOU Reliant Stadium 8:00 PM ***ESPN***

P4 Sep 04 DAL @ MIN Hubert H. Humphrey Metrodome 8:00 PM ***NFL NETWORK***

Yup, report Friday.

Preseason:

Aug 14 MIN @ IND 7:30 PM
Aug 21 KC @ MIN 8:00 PM
Aug 31 MIN @ HOU 8:00 PM
Sep 04 DAL @ MIN 8:00 PM

Week 1:

Sept 13 MIN@ CLE 1:00 PM

I feel it's Rosenfel's job to lose actually. Of course none of us really know until camp. Childress has to not only win the division he has to likelywin 1-2 playoff games to save his job. No question about that. We shall see if he can pull it off. As we have said in here many times, this team has as muchindividual talent on it as any Vikings team in years. There are multiple pro bowlers and 1st team all pros. There is yet another stud rookie coming in. A 12year old kid could coach this team to the playoffs, I truly believe that.

The wild card is obviously the QB position (huge issue). The team has shown it can win despite the QB and despite the pathetic play calling and gamemanagement. Personally it will be a pleasure to have a 5th consecutive season of Vikings football where we likely have a QB carousel. My only hope is that nextyear when hopefully Childress is gone we bring in someone who's organization plan is this:

1. Spend 100 percent of my time getting a QB.
2. Spend even more time getting a QB.
3. Go over rest of roster and playbook.

And yes fellas it can be done. We have seen the 1st rd draft picks come in at QB and play well. We have seen the blockbuster trades (Cutler), we have seen freeagency (Brees to N.O.).

Other than that I am only thankful I have my NFL Ticket yet again this season as it will be my main NFL viewing....not this ratty team with the most boringgames in the history of the NFL save for A.D. Childress watch starts Week 1. His lucky @%+ gets (on paper) a soft as hell schedule to start the year though.

I feel it's Rosenfel's job to lose actually
What I heard though, was that Jackson was looking good all off season. Whatever that's worth. TJax is my boy, so I'm biased.
laugh.gif
Eitherway, I hope Jackson pulls it out, but I'm seriously extremely relieved right now for this crap to be over with Favre. Time to get serious.

Other than that I am only thankful I have my NFL Ticket yet again this season as it will be my main NFL viewing
Word. I'm about to cop directv here real quick. Boring or not, living in Washington, I don't get to see the Vikings much no more soI'm excited to get the Ticket.

Season will come up quick fellas...

What I heard though, was that Jackson was looking good all off season. Whatever that's worth. TJax is my boy, so I'm biased.
laugh.gif
Either way, I hope Jackson pulls it out, but I'm seriously extremely relieved right now for this crap to be over with Favre. Time to get serious.

That's the thing though
laugh.gif
... as we have learned the last few years"looks good in the offseason, or looks good in camp" means NOTHING. I really think Sage was brought in to be the guy, but ya we probably dont knowanyway nor does the team.

I said from the get-go though I feel bad for Jack. Kid was drafted too high, was thrown into his first game roughly two years before he should have been, andhas been chained to Childress' offense from the jump. Barely half of his misfortune has been his own doing. Probably even less than that. Who knows if heis cut out as an NFL QB but I certainly think he had a shot if it was done right.

Yeah, the treatment of TJax was so negligent and premature. I hope that if not with Minny, he goes somewhere and has success. Childress on the otherhand....I'm with you, he's got to go. His dink and dunk offense and idiocracy pisses me off.

If only there was a way to win without them keeping Childress...
smh.gif
I guess we've been waiting years for a SB that another year won't hurt.

It's definitely Sage's job to lose. Best case scenario...bad start to the season, Childress is fired right away, new coach steps in, and leads theteam to the SB
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

I guess the next order of busines is to sign Percy first, then Loadhoalt hopefully before friday. And then the fun competition begins.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4366321

MANKATO, Minn. -- Minnesota Vikings defensive end Kenechi Udeze has decided to retire, ending a remarkable comeback from leukemia.

The Vikings announced Thursday that Udeze has been placed on the reserve/retired list. Minnesota's first-round draft pick in 2004, Udeze was a starter forfour years and tied for the team lead with five sacks in 2007.

He was diagnosed in February 2008 with the disease, which is a cancer of the blood and bone marrow. Udeze spent last season on the reserve/non-football-illnesslist while dealing with his condition.

After a marrow transplant more than a year ago, Udeze was on the field for practices throughout this spring and summer. He said at minicamp in May he was"feeling pretty good" but acknowledged the challenge of the comeback.

Sad story.

I wish the best to Kenechi....hopefully he's not retiring because he was just informed of a new factor with his illness or something like that....I'maware he was making progress but you never know
ohwell.gif

I'm very unsure of who I want to be our starting QB...I'm hoping that there's no pre-conclusions already forming in the coaches' minds aboutwho it is though. The person that should start should be whichever of the two performs better in camp and looks like he's ready to lead the team.

Signing Loadholt was big, he needs to be in there getting reps as much as possible. Let's sign Percy now though!
nerd.gif

frown.gif

I was a big fan of Udeze, espcially since I played against him in HS.

It is sad news, Lukemia is a serious illness and hopefully he overcomes it and makes a full recovery.

^ You played against him? That's cool man.

What do people think about Sid Rice? Does he have a future on our team?

Reports have said that he's fully recovered from that right PCL injury that he suffered during Week 2 last year. Dating back a few weeks ago, he's beenable to run without the knee brace he had been forced to wear for several months + he got in some valuable training this summer when he worked out with LarryFitzgerald and other MN standouts in the Twin Cities. Apparently he took a lot of stuff away from that...

I wont have an opinion on Rice until i actually see him produce. Cause at this point it's all guesswork.

Originally Posted by RyGuy45

I wont have an opinion on Rice until i actually see him produce. Cause at this point it's all guesswork.

You know what though? I can see your point, but he hasn't really had much oppurtunity to flourish. He's one of my favorites, and I go by the fact thatpotential doesn't make the the player...Production does, but it being an excuse or not....He hasn't had a QB. I hope he has a good year.

I agree with you on the QB competition JPZ. As much as I'm pulling for my boy TJ, I'm afraid that since the Favre plan fell through, that Chilly willrevert back to his premise of Jackons being "his guy" so TJ gets the job by default.

Make these guys earn it. A competition at QB is exactly what these two guys need. Sage, breathing new air getting a chance to start over and have a successfulcareer in Minnesota, and TJ because, maybe this is just the fire he needs lit under his bum to push his "potential" into season long production.

Not that this is breaking news to anyone...but Childress just said on Vikings Now that we don't have any interest in Vick.

Originally Posted by JPZx

Not that this is breaking news to anyone...but Childress just said on Vikings Now that we don't have any interest in Vick.
ya, gotta be comforting knowing that the Vikings are content with having the worst starting QB in the league (whoever wins the job).

^ 49ers and Bills could be argued as the worst but whatever....I'm not going to try to defend our QB situation because it does suck, which is why I wantedFavre.

^
laugh.gif
I forgot...you're one of the biggest Trent Edwards fans on here.

I'm still not sold on the kid, I think I've said that before. If he has a good season though, consider me a believer. We'll see how he handles theraised expectations.

Today's the day...Football season is about to pick up steam.

Still no Percy...Needs to get done soon.

the vikings should seriously consider vick, i mean what is he if not a more polished t-jack? btw can anyone shed any light on my mans percy harvin not signingyet?

Back
Top Bottom